• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Iwobi has all the physical attributes to be a WC player. Unfortuntely like so many of our players from the wenger era he's a bit of a p ussy and mentaly weak. He needs to drop down a level and become the main man at low level mid size team, because it seems he doesnt have the head for the top level.

Depsite his very good dribbling he gets him self in to some great position but he panics in the final third consistantly, wrong pass, miss hit shot.

For Iwobi it's all between the ears, unforunately...he lacks that killer mentality.

Alex if you're reading this (very unlikely), but I hope it p isses you off (and if it doesnt it validates my point) in the Europa league final, go prove me wrong!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Iwobi has all the physical attributes to be a WC player.
Then you go on to list the reasons why he won't ever be a world class talent. Hugely hypocritical post. He's also slow.
The only thing Alex offers at the moment is a bit of dribbling. Otherwise he's a squad option st best.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Then you go on to list the reasons why he won't ever be a world class talent. Hugely hypocritical post. He's also slow.
The only thing Alex offers at the moment is a bit of dribbling. Otherwise he's a squad option st best.

Yes and all those reasons I listed none physical ( to explain again, I believe his physical attributes are WC but the mental aspect is what's preventing him from doing so). You should really read posts more carefully.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes and all those reasons I listed none physical ( to explain again, I believe his physical attributes are WC but the mental aspect is what's preventing him from doing so). You should really read posts more carefully.
You said he is a bit of a p ussy.. And then added mentally weak which insinuates that you meant body strength..

nick gould

He took his shot well. His dribbling was on point as usual. He also had 3 key passes according to whoscored. I hope that's a sign of more things to come. We need a true goalscorer on the right if we are playing iwobi on the left. That would make up for his lack of goals. Meanwhile, I say keep practising. Practice taking all sorts of shots.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was surprised how well he finished this one imagine its was 1-0 and he did that it would gave left all the team.

Still sell for 20m but I think he'll stay as backup

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi will become a great player if God forbids injury on him. He is one of the positives this season. Every time he is on, the team is injected with urgency and energy.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A wonderful goal when it didn't matter and hes full of energy. Panicking in the final third and poor decision making will limit his chance to be a very good player.

moloso

Great goal. Otherwise more of the same.

Lol he scored and picked out Lacazette for the easiest chance of the game in about 20 mins. At least he tried (and succeeded) things to make something happen.

Needs to sort his mentality going into next year as he actually has a good mix of physical and technical ability which is virtually unheard of in our squad.

If he can show this sort of bottle next year he could still develop into a player. Ability is there. Mentality/decision making still a question mark.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lol he scored and picked out Lacazette for the easiest chance of the game in about 20 mins. At least he tried (and succeeded) things to make something happen.

Needs to sort his mentality going into next year as he actually has a good mix of physical and technical ability which is virtually unheard of in our squad.

If he can show this sort of bottle next year he could still develop into a player. Ability is there. Mentality/decision making still a question mark.
He's too slow to beat a player. Will never be more than a good squad option for a top 4 side.
This post shows how low our ambitions have sunk.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's a poor cast, but he's been our best attacking midfielder this season. Iwobi should have started the final and is the least of our problems.

Ashybashy86

He’s never making it as a winger. Just play the boy in his preferred position. If he’s still awful, then that’s that.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think we have seen enough of him to know that he is not going to reach that level. We have spent so many years giving him opportunities. This is the time to sell him and give those chances to someone else.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Would sell if an offer around £25million comes along. However if he can sort out his mental game, which is clearly his biggest issue. He would be worth around £50million.

He's sooo talented, his in ability to make the right decision in crucial moments let's him down time and again. Needs to see a sports physcologist or something, because there are clearly some underlying issues there.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's sooo talented, his in ability to make the right decision in crucial moments let's him down time and again. Needs to see a sports physcologist or something, because there are clearly some underlying issues there.

Don't think it's only that. Think his body positioing is kind of off, too. Often he'll just be in a bad body position in relation to where the ball comes from and how he receives it or where he needs to put the ball, limiting his decision making options even before the mental thing comes in.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Not good enough for starter as he is but good choice from the bench. Maybe if he keeps adding to his game he'll be worth a spot in the first 11, and thats the one hing I will say about him, he definitely looks like he will keep adding.... whether it will be enough who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom