• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Frustrating looking at the squad as you can see it’s a multi year job.

Left backs aren’t good enough, center backs are dodgy, we’ve got no starting quality wingers and a pedestrian midfield.

Club has to prioritise, bring in say a LB and a CB then give chances to the likes of Bielik, Willock and Nelson.

Then next year go after the wingers and midfielders.
we still have to sign winger it's damn impotant also ramsey replacement

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm just the opposite. Think we should be focusing on wingers. We've needed them for a long, long time. I'm of the belief that if we can put teams on the backfoot with our attack, then we can give the defense another year before retooling.

Yeah I don’t really mind which order just that we’ve got no kids who are ready to step up in defence while the likes of Willock, Amaechi, Nelson, Bielik and ESR might be able to play for us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Personally, I think a lot of CB’s and fullbacks would get exposed in our current system as our midfield and wide options are not good enough.

Take the final for an example, in the second half our midfield was wide open allowing players like Hazard with a 1 vs 1 with our CB’s, that shouldn’t be happening. If we dominated the midfield and pushed Chelsea back like we done at the Emirates, the defence would have had minimal work to do.

One of our main priorities this window should be to replace Xhaka with someone who can dominate that midfield similar to Ndidi.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yeah I don’t really mind which order just that we’ve got no kids who are ready to step up in defence while the likes of Willock, Amaechi, Nelson, Bielik and ESR might be able to play for us.
At this point it's about what we can get. We wont even attract the likes of Zaha now, and he's a ****ing Arsenal fan.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Time to see what Nelson and Willock can do imo, there’s a chance for them to break out like TAA and Kane did.

Haven’t got the budget to fill all the gaps.
wouldn't mind them starting also they deserve the chance they can't be worse than Iwobi and Mkhi but in my opinion we need to add players too hopefully with few sales it'll help

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
At this point it's about what we can get. We wont even attract the likes of Zaha now, and he's a ****ing Arsenal fan.

I think if we're willing to pay, we are still attractive.
A lot of clubs have attracted far bigger than Zaha even without CL football.

The main issue is lack of fund. That's about it.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'd give Ballard a shot at CB tbf. Osei-Tutu should have been the back-up RB. It's mainly left back where there is literally nobody.

I don't understand how Desmond didn't get look in this season with Bellerin out injured. I remember him looking good in preseason.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The one that I feel really hurt about is Hakim Ziyech. We won’t be able to attract him without CL football as I doubt we’d offer him top wages, apparently he’s available for 25M too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd give Ballard a shot at CB tbf. Osei-Tutu should have been the back-up RB. It's mainly left back where there is literally nobody.

Couldn’t we loan him out for a bit, I don’t like throwing young defenders in to the fire because it can really mess them up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think Saka is too young to make the step up at the minute?
Honestly?

No. I think it's something of a gamble but Saka has form for excelling well above his level. Ljungberg's work with him has definitely accelerated his development - he was already a destructive dribbler with a good shot and great acceleration, but now he has better off the ball movement and good decision making in the final 3rd. Saka will turn 18 in September and I think he can start contributing to the first team now in the absence of a senior winger worth a damn.

Couldn’t we loan him out for a bit, I don’t like throwing young defenders in to the fire because it can really mess them up.
I agree, it's tough for younger defenders but if we were to give a young defender a shot, I'd rather it be Ballard. It might be better to loan them overall, but I would only advocate playing them if we go into next season with the same ****s in defense.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Once you’re 3 years out of the CL, what’s the f*cking difference? We tried, we failed. Just forget entirely about CL for a couple of years. Rebuild with youth, even if it means taking a hit in the short term. Take the long view, aim to have a competitive young squad by the 21/22 season.

Jae

Once you’re 3 years out of the CL, what’s the f*cking difference? We tried, we failed. Just forget entirely about CL for a couple of years. Rebuild with youth, even if it means taking a hit in the short term. Take the long view, aim to have a competitive young squad by the 21/22 season.

We need a season out of EVERYTHING that Chelsea had.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are in exactly the same position now as Liverpool 3 years ago. Out of the CL and just lost the UEL final.

The next two years will be key, Liverpool overhauled their squad with smart transfers and selling at the right time, they didn't spend huge money until last summer. This was enough to get them back into top 4. We need to approach the problem in the same way.

Thats a good point. The difference is that it wasn't a top 6 then. With wolves, Everton and Newcastle now willing to spend, it makes it far more difficult. We are lucky we have a promising batch of youngsters. The job is to now surround them with 22- 24 year olds who can increwse in value.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Its hard to analyse the squad individually so ive just lumped them together and said they arent good enough.

Emery favours a 433 by all accounts but for whatever reason hasnt been able to use it frequently enough. Bellerin injury, lack of wingers, poor centre midfield. He has put together something that he thought may work with the players we have. In large parts it has. We made the final and we finished fifth. Marginal improvements.

The summer window and the type of players we sign will be important. I suspect 2 new defenders, a central midfielder and a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom