• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I don't think he's suited to play wingback, he's not very capable of beating someone 1 v 1 and making space for himself, I think we need that from our wide players for us to effectively make breakthroughs.

I do think he's a decent defender though, but doesn't suit us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
this narrative is hilarious. All bad recent signings were Ivan's then and all recent good signings were Wenger's.

Except we haven't made a good signing in years under Wenger.
It’s what been reported, you want us to ignore it? Wenger gets bashed for his signings all the time.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It’s what been reported, you want us to ignore it? Wenger gets bashed for his signings all the time.

Do you have a source to back up your claim?

Even if it was true (I don't think it was as simple as saying it was Ivan's signings and Wenger hasn't agreed to it), then it means Gazidis made those deals because the manager couldn't find the right players.

They were working together and both were responsible.

Mustafi, Perez, Elneny, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Gabriel, all were bad signings, and all hapened under Wenger. He had all powers and I don't think those signings would have happened if he hasn't agreed to them.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
His inexplicable loss of form towards the end was a major reason why we couldn't win many games anymore. Especially as our attacks relies so much on the wingbacks to create scoring opportunities. I just don't know what happened to him. Most of the season he was good. Defensively suspect but in attack he was a force. Regularly driving forward with purpose and fizzing in low crosses and pull backs. In the run in he just suddenly seemed to forget how to cross and worse became so indecisive.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I don't think he's suited to play wingback, he's not very capable of beating someone 1 v 1 and making space for himself, I think we need that from our wide players for us to effectively make breakthroughs.

I do think he's a decent defender though, but doesn't suit us.
Weird that I find him a horrific defender and better as a wing back. But "awful" is his max potential anyways so who cares.

Funnily enough, I remember when we signed him I made a comment about how **** he was and on those wages a mod deleted it. I think @Aevius

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Weird that I find him a horrific defender and better as a wing back. But "awful" is his max potential anyways so who cares.

Funnily enough, I remember when we signed him I made a comment about how **** he was and on those wages a mod deleted it. I think @Aevius
No, I don't really disagree that he's done well in attack, but I think he's more suited for a defensive role than a attacking one, that's all.

I think if he was made to play as a classical fullback and didn't have to run up and down the flank all game he'd be better.

lucky7

No, I don't really disagree that he's done well in attack, but I think he's more suited for a defensive role than a attacking one, that's all.

I think if he was made to play as a classical fullback and didn't have to run up and down the flank all game he'd be better.
Attacking fullbacks or wing backs are a central roll in the modern game though. Also...who do we have to fill those wide spaces if he's not going up the wing? We have no wide threats.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Attacking fullbacks or wing backs are a central roll in the modern game though. Also...who do we have to fill those wide spaces if he's not going up the wing? We have no wide threats.
That's a part of the point, that he shouldn't be the one to provide the threat from wide because I don't think he's that good at being a wingback, we'd need a different player.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think it was a reasonable signing that just didn't turn out as expected.

23 years old, has been used as a fullback and wingback, on a free - of course that brings high wages with it, but then again he signed for 5 years, was on the back of a team of the season performance in the Bundesliga.

If a LB like Tierney comes in and Kola's future is that of a backup I'm okay with him staying. Selling him for good money, then identifying and bringing in a new LB backup who is available on a reasonable fee and earns less is going to be a difficult task. And say someone like Tierney comes in, who's young and surely yed to be a set starter, it doesn't make much sense to bring in another U21 talent who won't play much.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Would sell, but would need to get at least 20million otherwise, as a back up works fine.

He's such a frustrating player, get's in to great positions but never picks out a decent ball. Always takes an extra touch when not needed.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Massive respect, this guy is no coward. It was risky and arguably even dumb of him to go at someone that wielded a knife but he ultimately might have saved himself and Özil there. Top bloke.

Glad they're okay.

Probably would’ve been better off letting them have the watches and whatever it was they were after because he could’ve ended up with a knife in him. Still have to respect him for going after them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom