• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations from Emery's first season, 2018/19

What are your expectations of the new manager's first season with us?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gegen Pressing

He did not meet requirements

Let him go

our Mexican army style of management is going nowhere .
Time to Sack the Spanish tapas combo Emery+Sanhelli and sneaky Venkash

Beg Mislintat+Wenger back. Let these two find us a real manager and structure the club properly.

Next year Newcastle will have more budget than us with their New found oil money
should we be happy to settle for 7th ?

Jae

bottling the league in 15? We were never in it. Wenger never bottled the league except 2007 when Henry left and Eduardo got injured.

Apparently, there's a difference between bottling a league by losing to united and Chelski , and bottling 3rd place by losing to crystal palace.

We finished 2015 at the top of the table and up until that point we were favourites to win the league. We didn't sign anyone in January and a run of poor form saw us throw it away. I don't understand how that's even up for debate.

What does it matter who we played? We got turned over 4-0 by Southampton, and also away at Swansea. We drew a rediculous amount of games against relegation fodder teams. We also lost to Bayern 10-2 on aggregate?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
bottling the league in 15? We were never in it. Wenger never bottled the league except 2007 when Henry left and Eduardo got injured.
Untitled.jpg

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'd give him one more year, but I'd have been q hell of a lot more relaxed about it if I felt the club has managed finances well enough to back him.

The squad reached about par for our personnel. It wasn't a tremendous failure for what we have. He just wasn't a miracle worker. Özil clearly doesn't fit his style, and it's Özil who should make way first. I say this as someone that was a huge fan of his.

Reactions: Jae

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We finished 2015 at the top of the table and up until that point we were favourites to win the league. We didn't sign anyone in January and a run of poor form saw us throw it away. I don't understand how that's even up for debate.

What does it matter who we played? We got turned over 4-0 by Southampton, and also away at Swansea. We drew a rediculous amount of games against relegation fodder teams. We also lost to Bayern 10-2 on aggregate?
yes the Bayern losses were painful.

We kept the pressure on the leaders but never did get into the first place except for a fleeting game or two in Feb.

wasn't a bottle job, though. It would be a bottle job if we were in the lead by a good margin, as in 2007. Ffs they were already calling us champion forqquite a while back then.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We got more points, went unbeaten for a very long period and got to a final. We DID look better organised, particularly against the better sides. Emery done better than Wengers last season. That's factual. People expected too much. I suspect it's because they were staunch Wengerites for so long, but either way, he's gone.
The way you keep repeating it, I hope you get '20 unbeaten run' tattood on your arse cheeks. It sounds so much better than spent 75million and only 4 points better off.

Jae

We were in it, but it was no “bottle job”.

You can't have it both ways. You can't go around saying Emery is a bottler when Wenger has done the same under similar circumstances - we only finished with 1 less point this year. We we ever top of the league at any point this year and favourites to win it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The way you keep repeating it, I hope you get '20 unbeaten run' tattood on your arse cheeks. It sounds so much better than spent 75million and only 4 points better off.
The truth really hurts, huh? It’s one of those arguments you don’t want to hear because you have no response worth listening to. Talking over and around it won’t make it go away...

Points cost big money these days. How much do you reckon we’d pay right now for two extra points?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quite interesting to see the names under the ‘Prepared to write off the season as long as we see improvement’ option.

The way the season ended has put some people in shellshock. If they were told at the start of the season we would get to the Europa final, finish one point off fourth and have a much better record against the big teams, they would have taken that. There’d be no swingers.

Considering the quality of our football was pretty dire the season before this, I doubt that would’ve featured high on the list of things they wanted to see improve. In fact, I know that.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The truth really hurts, huh? It’s one of those arguments you don’t want to hear because you have no response worth listening to. Talking over and around it won’t make it go away...

Points cost big money these days. How much do you reckon we’d pay right now for two extra points?
What truth are you imparting mentioning a worthless stat like 20 unbeaten run when it had no impact on our end position? Even under Wenger we would have gotten those four extra points if we had the top scorer in the league from the start and you goddamn know it, even if you'd never admit it. So what did those 75million we spent this summer actually achieve?

Wenger's last couple of years were terrible and whoever took over should have been able to do a much better job. Yet somehow we managed to appoint the one guy who at best has managed to just keep the ship steady, whatever the **** that means.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What truth are you imparting mentioning a worthless stat like 20 unbeaten run when it had no impact on our end position? Even under Wenger we would have gotten those four extra points if we had the top scorer in the league from the start and you goddamn know it, even if you'd never admit it. So what did those 75million we spent this summer actually achieve?

Wenger's last couple of years were terrible and whoever took over should have been able to do a much better job. Yet somehow we managed to appoint the one guy who at best has managed to just keep the ship steady, whatever the **** that means.
You believe what you want to believe. I can’t help you

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Personally feel we made improvements in areas under Emery, however the complete meltdown over the past month or so is truly pathetic, is it the squad, Emery or a combination of both I have no idea, can Emery be blamed for Mustafi being an idiot I don't know, can he be blamed for players hiding when it matters I don't know, these are the players who have let everyone down time and time again, the money doesn't seem there to change it, I somewhat feel sorry for Emery, his intentions and plans for the club seem good but its like he has to deal with people pulling the opposite direction, not being fully backed, I imagine Emery has meetings all the time where he's talking to his higher ups and players and he leaves the office thinking '****ing idiots'.

This is Emery's big job, a chance to prove himself, a project, more so than PSG and I get the feeling he is feeling some of the frustrations Wenger felt and like Wenger won't say what we all want to know.

Like others have said, could have been 3rd place and won the final IF the 'group' had some balls.

What I do know is I genuinely do not care who leaves anymore, owner, manager, any of the players, football related backroom staff, the transfer mob, scouts; do not care, pretty much all the visible football side staff at Arsenal mean nothing to me, hardly any likeable people at this club.

I'm only interested in the Arsenal badge these days, feel sorry for kids who have zero heroes or icons to believe in at our pathetic club.

Not going to happen, but my ideal manager right now would be Diego Simeone and his mob of thugs, I think we need a hard winning bastard to just make us strong and change the mentality, kick out the weak and lose his **** at anyone not giving 100%.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't have it both ways. You can't go around saying Emery is a bottler when Wenger has done the same under similar circumstances - we only finished with 1 less point this year. We we ever top of the league at any point this year and favourites to win it?
he wasn’t 6 points clear at any point, though. That's what defines a bottle job.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

My problem with the current management is we haven't even attempted to build a foundation or a style or even build solid partnerships in midifled etc.

I don't mind tweaking on a strong foundation but we haven't got that . Is he going to integrate the youth players ? He didn't do it this season and this was the honeymoon period , It's going to take balls of steel to do it this season .

Next season is going to be crucial but for the life of me I can't see it changing unless major changes are made or we suddenly have a big transfer budget.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
My problem with the current management is we haven't even attempted to build a foundation or a style or even build solid partnerships in midifled etc.

I don't mind tweaking on a strong foundation but we haven't got that . Is he going to integrate the youth players ? He didn't do it this season and this was the honeymoon period , It's going to take balls of steel to do it this season .

Next season is going to be crucial but for the life of me I can't see it changing unless major changes are made or we suddenly have a big transfer budget.

What confuses me is 'the press' and playing out from the back style we started with early in the season, that seems to be the vision he had and somewhere along the line Emery just abandoned it.

It was always going to take some time but I would be interested to know in why it was scrapped so quickly, was it a bad fit for the league or were the players so bad they couldn't carry it out?

So much confusion in our squad, more reason I want a manager in the style of Simeone (wish it was him), who won't bend to anything and will set us up to defend or whatever the plan is and anyone not buying into the idea can **** off.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What confuses me is 'the press' and playing out from the back style we started with early in the season, that seems to be the vision he had and somewhere along the line Emery just abandoned it.

It was always going to take some time but I would be interested to know in why it was scrapped so quickly, was it a bad fit for the league or were the players so bad they couldn't carry it out?

So much confusion in our squad, more reason I want a manager in the style of Simeone (wish it was him), who won't bend to anything and will set us up to defend or whatever the plan is and anyone not buying into the idea can **** off.

Yeah I agree with all you have wrote and I really think the team capitulates because no one really knows what they are trying to do . They just don't have the belief or that foundation system to fall back on .

Latest posts+

Top Bottom