• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
don't sell a guy who actually cares for the club and has his qualities.
think hr would go a level up if we sell the deadwood, get right players in and promote some youngsters who will look at Iwobi as a big bro. That itself would help him get his confidence up surely

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi has been better than Ox ever was for us but people have never bumlicked him like they did Ox. Wonder why that is?
I guess Ox came through at a time where fans liked the players more. Iwobi broke through at the height of fan / Wenger split... all that ' get out while you still can Joel' stuff. :lol:

Hope Iwobi if here next season though & plays each game like we are 3-0 down in a European final.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
don't sell a guy who actually cares for the club and has his qualities.
think hr would go a level up if we sell the deadwood, get right players in and promote some youngsters who will look at Iwobi as a big bro. That itself would help him get his confidence up surely
Good point, I think he has confidence issues in this set up. He’s surrounded by big names like Özil and Mkhy who aren’t even setting an example to him anyway.

If some young players come in Iwobi can few more comfortable in the squad. Another help would to actually bring in a winger, because then he’d have less pressure on himself to drive the ball forward. Right now he’s our only player who can do that and I feel like he realises the pressure at times

Impact

Established Member
Don't think it's only that. Think his body positioing is kind of off, too. Often he'll just be in a bad body position in relation to where the ball comes from and how he receives it or where he needs to put the ball, limiting his decision making options even before the mental thing comes in.

His pass reception is probably one of the best parts of his game?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Good point, I think he has confidence issues in this set up. He’s surrounded by big names like Özil and Mkhy who aren’t even setting an example to him anyway.

If some young players come in Iwobi can few more comfortable in the squad. Another help would to actually bring in a winger, because then he’d have less pressure on himself to drive the ball forward. Right now he’s our only player who can do that and I feel like he realises the pressure at times
If I'm a young player no way in hell am I going to be in awe of Mkhifuckingtaryan.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m pretty confident he will help a struggling prem team get relegated one day.

He’s improved a bit, but I’m surprised he’s been such a prominent figure in the team this long.

Inferior hleb in SOME ways. Makes himself available, great dribbler, rarely loses the ball- completely impotent when it comes to final shot or pass.

If anything I think his route from the academy has afforded him more patience. He does care about the club.

Wouldn’t say Oxlade was bum sucked- I defo wasn’t a fan as he got on. In his defence, it was clear he was being mismanaged.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We are crying out for a physical presence and someone who can carry the ball in midfield, I think Iwobi could do that for us in a midfield 3, maybe him and Praet with Torreira deepest of the 3 could work well. Could he be worse than Xhaka, OK he hasn't got close to the passing range but he is better than Xhaka in a lot of other aspects.

Harz

Let's not mess around with the position of our only winger, shall we? He's a good rotation option on the wings but that's it. He won't be good enough to be a starter but he can produce 20ish good games in a season for sure.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He looked like he'd kicked on early part of last season--I'm sure people noted that at the time. He flattened out, starting showing the same deficits as in the previous season and that was what we were left with in the end. I could throw the term 'scapegoat' in there, like you see in other threads, but I know the true definition of the word so I'd be dishonest to myself if I said he was made one. Damn.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He looked like he'd kicked on early part of last season--I'm sure people noted that at the time. He flattened out, starting showing the same deficits as in the previous season and that was what we were left with in the end. I could throw the term 'scapegoat' in there, like you see in other threads, but I know the true definition of the word so I'd be dishonest to myself if I said he was made one. Damn.
He definitely did have a good start to the season. Problem is, at his age, we need something by now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He definitely did have a good start to the season. Problem is, at his age, we need something by now.
I know. It's do or Sunderland (die) now. Emery seems a fan though, so who knows? I fancy he'll be sub most of the time next season and he'll end up on the bench at somewhere like Valencia after that, unless he kicks on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom