• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerUK

Like most I imagine, I’m still totally gutted about the Loss it’s the first time I’ve come on here since that whistle blew at 90mins.

Just can’t get it out of my head it’s soul destroying. Thinking the compete worse

• Minimal transfer budget
  • Can’t move players on cause of wages
  • Will an offer come in for PEA or Lacca
  • Who could we sign to take us up levels
  • Everybody else will Strengthen

Just so much to take in going into next season I read what Martín Keown suggested about us slipping back into 80’s Arsenal - mid table lol club ect..

We need a really positive summer and a huge slice of luck

ptrcopp

Like most I imagine, I’m still totally gutted about the Loss it’s the first time I’ve come on here since that whistle blew at 90mins.

Just can’t get it out of my head it’s soul destroying. Thinking the compete worse

• Minimal transfer budget
  • Can’t move players on cause of wages
  • Will an offer come in for PEA or Lacca
  • Who could we sign to take us up levels
  • Everybody else will Strengthen

Just so much to take in going into next season I read what Martín Keown suggested about us slipping back into 80’s Arsenal - mid table lol club ect..

We need a really positive summer and a huge slice of luck

Today was the first time I felt like posting. I met a friend yesterday and talked about what we did at Easter, plans for summer, and even politics, but it was nice to feel away from football. Also saw Grandparents.

I think we’re more like Liverpool 4 years ago than 80s Arsenal. It’s clear what ups: it’s lack of quality, lack of a system, lack of any true structure or system. It’s a problem throughout the rest of the PLC.

Manberg

Predator
Do people really think the players write these tweets themselves?
That Sokratis can master perfect English in a tweet. Naah it’s all a PR machine.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Whatever mate. How exactly was this season different from the last two seasons? No wait! It was actually. We finished one point from top 4 and made it to the Europa league final. That didn't happen before. But I guess that was Emery's fault as well.

My opinion of Özil is not only based on this season so Emery, no matter how **** he may be, has nothing to do with it. And I'm not blaming Özil. He is the player he is. Put him in the top team, where he doesn't need to be the leader, and he will shine but for us he is simply a luxury player we can't afford. He is not a guy you should build your team around unless you can surround him with top talent.
That did not happen before because we were always in CL spot with Wenger. Only one year out of CL and he left. And even that... team has a better idea attacking. Emery is not top level team.

FinnGooner

Established Member
That did not happen before because we were always in CL spot with Wenger. Only one year out of CL and he left. And even that... team has a better idea attacking. Emery is not top level team.

Two consecutive finishes out of top 4 with Wenger, first 5th then 6th. So if Emery replicates that performance in his first season with a squad that is not built by him, I don't consider that as proof enough to judge him as a failure. Even Pep and Klopp needed time to get any kind of results and they got much more financial backing from their respective clubs.

I was always pretty vocal about my view that it was time to replace Wenger. However, I was also quite vocal about my opinion that it was never going to be easy to replace him and that it might take multiple manager changes to find the right guy to take over for a longer period of time. But finding the right guy means actually giving people a fair chance to prove themselves. I'm not claiming to know that Emery is the right guy but I don't know that he is not either. So I think we should at least give him two seasons, especially since the first season results were not awful. In fact they were pretty much exactly what you would expect with our spending. Knee-jerking around, changing managers every season, without a chance for them to mold the squad, is the worst possible choice.

Now as for Özil, no matter if Emery is the manager or somebody else, I've seen enough to have an opinion on him and my opinion is that despite his obvious talent level, he is not worth his salary and at 30, he is certainly not the guy we should keep building the team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom