• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which will be the next team to overtake Arsenal in domestic football?

Which will be the next team to overtake Arsenal in domestic football?

• 1. Wolverhampton Wanderers

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • 2. Everton

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 3. Newcastle United

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • 4, Accrington Stanley

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wolves. They seem to have an objective and have picked up some good results. The first season PL nerves will be gone and they can kick on. Their manager is also exciting and clear minded. Tbh, all the clubs apart from AS will probably overtake us with money,ambition and luck.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Thing is while Everton, Wolves and maybe Newcastle have rich owners they can hardly just go to town and start splashing out.

Financial fair play etc. Obviously there's smart ways of adding money to match day revenue and things but if this new guy comes in at Newcastle he can't just start handing Benitez 200m this summer.

Well from what I understand he can't from the whole financial fair play point of view.

How Everton managed to spend so much was getting 80m for Lukaku or thereabouts meaning the likes of Keane and Richarlson were free.

John Stones 50m sale covered Siggurdson.

So they have generated a lot of that money invested themselves. Their other buys like Mina and Digne were 20-30m nothing out of the ordinary.

We do need investment but I think it's more of the fact the investment in the past has been poor.

I'm not entirely happy with last summer's buys but I do feel I have seen more from them albiet not much than a lot of others.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We can only pick 1? Everton will soon be competing with us at the very least. Wolves maybe, probably a bit off tho. Newcastle in a couple of seasons most likely. Leicester under Rodgers could get very interesting. One thing is for sure competing for top 4 is absolutely out of the question next season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Is this thread necessary lol
It's possible therefore it's necessary, as Harold Pinter might have said.

But joking apart it's always good to know where the next danger is coming from and when we are at a low moment, as we are after Wednesday night, it's good to remember that things can get much worse. And probably will. Pessimistic? Realistic, more like.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we really talking about Everton and Newcastle to overtake us then we may just close the club.

Top Bottom