• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I would argue that CL is a better indicator of his ability than Eredvise is. He was very consistent in KO stages against top clubs like Juventus and Real and he was also very good against clubs like Tottenham.
If it's 50-60m, I think he is worth every penny, but I can't see him taking a step back from Ajax to Arsenal unless we give him some crazy money.

I get what you're saying, just find some players have a thing for cup competitions and when they are hot they are hot, see it a lot in the world cup etc.

I personally don't know, he may be an amazing signing/player, I really have no idea as I don't watch Ajax outside of the big CL games, I didn't even know who he was until the CL knockout stages to be honest.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I get what you're saying, just find some players have a thing for cup competitions and when they are hot they are hot, see it a lot in the world cup etc.

I personally don't know, he may be an amazing signing/player, I really have no idea as I don't watch Ajax outside of the big CL games, I didn't even know who he was until the CL knockout stages to be honest.

Yeah I am also very suspicious of players who have a blinding season/World Cup/Champions League.

The last thing we need is another El Hadji Diouf, Kleberson, Drinkwater, Bakayoko etc.

I would maybe risk £20m on a small sample size player but not the £50m+ it will take to get this guy.

I'm pretty sure that it will be Manchester City, Barcelona and maybe Tottenham who will get players from Ajax. We haven't even started talking to agents yet I read somewhere yesterday. The minute we call Ajax they will have closed the shop. Just like Monaco last time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather Ziyech than Van de Beek fwiw, but just in general I don't buy that we can't attract players from Ajax. Yeah we're a sh*tshow right now, but compared to Ajax we can offer higher wages and PL football. People underestimate just how attractive the PL is. I'd say PL + EL outweighs Eredivisie + CL.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd rather Ziyech than Van de Beek fwiw, but just in general I don't buy that we can't attract players from Ajax. Yeah we're a sh*tshow right now, but compared to Ajax we can offer higher wages and PL football. People underestimate just how attractive the PL is. I'd say PL + EL outweighs Eredivisie + CL.
It's always about money. Football players are willing to go to China for that, so I feel confident that we can attract some good players to London.

I would welcome both of them here. I like Van de Beek more but we are desperate for players like Ziyech. CM and AMC roles can be filled with our youth resources.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's always about money. Football players are willing to go to China for that, so I feel confident that we can attract some good players to London.

I would welcome both of them here. I like Van de Beek more but we are desperate for players like Ziyech. CM and AMC roles can be filled with our youth resources.

We are only attractive for these type of players if City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Sp**s, man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG aren't interested in them.

If it's a straight shot for a player for example between us and Everton they come to us. But any of the above no.

There they will get money and potentially titles. With us they know they ain't getting money or titles.

Hence why we need to change direction. Scout the best young players at 18-19 and we make them good. No point waiting to they develop at another club and become 50-60m players overnight.

Seen in reports Leicester won't listen yo anything under 60-70m for Maddison. That's ludicrous but shows the market. Time to raid the championship and the lower leagues looking for Guendouzis and Holdings.

Really can't get my head around how we have fallen so far. Poor decisions by everyone in the last 10 years will likely see us never win another league title in 20 years or more unless something radically changes

Could be sitting here with Klopp or Guardiola and while we may not be winning titles or champions leagues we would have a pull factor and attractiveness. Now we have nothing.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We have Xhaka, Torrieira, Guendouzi and Chambers. We don't need another CM.

Focus should be RB as priority , CB and winger.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Of course we need a centre midfielder. Our central midfield is terrible. Xhaka is slow and has no positional awareness. The others are young players who are still learning their trade.

Callum Chambers is not good enough for Arsenal.

We need a CB a LB is much more urgent than a right back a CM and a wide player.

Left back is shocking for us. We need a commanding centre back who makes them around him calmer and better organised. We need a wide player to beat a man and make full backs afraid to push too far forward and we need a central midfielder who has both abit of creativity as well and someone who will put themselves about and understand their position when to go and when to stay.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

All these 4 are more deep midfield players they don't have ability to go forward hold the ball. We need ramsey replacement we saw how much we struggle without him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
All these 4 are more deep midfield players they don't have ability to go forward hold the ball. We need ramsey replacement we saw how much we struggle without him.

Well that's untrue, our best form was september till early Decmeber where Ramsey was a squad player. Ramsey became a automatic starter after he signed for Juventus later in the season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We are only attractive for these type of players if City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Sp**s, man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG aren't interested in them.
We did attract some high profile players in recent years like Sanchez, Auba and Özil. Chelsea, Sp**s and Liverpool didn't get any big names except van dijk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom