• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Remembering Jose Reyes

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Tragic early end to one of the great underdog stories in football. When you read about his early life just incredible he could put his home team on his back, be a huge asset in that Arsenal squad & even win the title for Real Madrid.

The Zidane quote about early Reyes always stuck with me.

The world's best footballer pointed at the man who is set to become Arsenal's record signing, Jose Reyes, and asked: "Is that bastard playing like this just because it is us?"

Redondo remembers: "Zidane was moaning about whether Reyes was going past Real's defenders on a motorbike which he couldn't see - that was the absurd type of game Jose was having.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I remember the Neville brothers kicking the crap out of Jose because he was just too good for them.
And they got away with it the filthy pieces of horsedung. With help from the dishonest referees. But of course we have a chip on our shoulders. If I see any tribute to Pepe from that filth I am calling him out on it.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Feeling incredibly sad. Absolutely loved him. Still remember how excited I was when he signed. So many great memories, coming off the bench at Highbury to score twice in his debut against Chelsea, goal against Boro, running riot againat United in the Charity Shield and the matchwinning goal at home to Sp**s in the last season at Highbury. Seemed like such a lovely and likeable guy. Rest in peace Jose Antonio.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Damn, this is tragic. Was such an exciting player. He had such an unbelievable start to his Arsenal career. I was so hyped after his Chelsea performance like every other Arsenal fan, it was a shame it didn't work out in the end. Sad news for us.

I remember the Neville brothers kicking the crap out of Jose because he was just too good for them.
United fans bring that up as if it's something to be proud about, disgusting ****. Speaks volumes of their fanbase that they celebrate that type of thuggish play, but I never expected better from them.

Thought we'd sign the next big thing.

RIP.
It reminded me of the treatment Inter Milan meted out to Jimmy Johnstone in the European Cup semi final in 1974. Neville and his like were no better than Italian hatchet men. Here is another comparison : Sir Alf Ramsey referring to the 1966 Argentinians as animals (their captain Rattin especially). Yet I bet Neville and the others - and their manager - would refuse to accept the comparison. But it is true.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom