• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I don't think I've disliked a bunch of players so much. I wouldn't care if we binned them all. Of the senior squad I only like Leno but he's only been here a short time and hasn't had time to piss me off yet.

I'd love us to rebuild with youth but I can't see it happening under this current regime. The future is grim.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need a season out of EVERYTHING that Chelsea had.

Hence why going nearly full youth wouldn’t be so bad. They might finish 8th next season, but be title challengers in 3 years time.

Reactions: Jae

Giroud12

We need a massive overhaul. Would like to see Mustafi, Mkhi, Iwobi, Özil, Jenkinson, Monreal and Kos gone, at the very least.

Get in a backup RB, new LB, 2 new CBs, a new attacking mid and two wingers.

progman07

Established Member
So a honest question, because many people raise the topic that we should heavily rely on youngsters next season.

Do you guys believe Arsenal fans as a whole have the patience for involving youngsters?

Personally based on Iwobi, Guendouzi and AMN - 100% no. People actually attack them on social media after a bad game. Imagine we put the pressure on youngsters only to carry the burden of scoring 10-20 goals a season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So a honest question, because many people raise the topic that we should heavily rely on youngsters next season.

Do you guys believe Arsenal fans as a whole have the patience for involving youngsters?

Personally based on Iwobi, Guendouzi and AMN - 100% no. People actually attack them on social media after a bad game. Imagine we put the pressure on youngsters only to carry the burden of scoring 10-20 goals a season.
Going youth with PL full of money meaning we are in risk dropping much further. We'll have to balance between both.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Probably not. Our fans can be pretty toxic. I'd be all for the youth project though. If we had a clear direction and the club were honest about it then maybe more fans would get behind the idea.

This has been dreadful season. So many under performers.

Mikitaryan, Iwobi, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Mustafi, Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Özil, Maitland-Niles, Lichtsteiner, Monreal, Elneny.

Emery has to work some magic with the guys who survive the cut because we can't go into next season with these guys not performing better!

Hexagon9

We’re desperately short of players with true pace.

In the early Wenger years he seemed to favour players that were athletic and quick. We barely have any like that now and it shows.

A cliché I know, but there’s no substitute for it, and our lack of it costs us at both ends of the pitch.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-3-3

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey
LB: Kolasinac, Monreal
CB: Sokratis, Holding, Mavropanos
CB: *CB, Chambers
RB: Bellerin, *RB

CM: *Rabiot, Guendouzi, Smith Rowe
DM: Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Bielik
CM: *CM, Willock

LM: *LM, Iwobi
CF: Aubameyang, *Sturridge, Nketiah
RM: Mkhitaryan, Nelson

In: CB, RB, CM, Rabiot, LM, Sturridge

Out: Ospina, Koscielny, Mustafi, Lichsteiner, Jenkinson, Elneny, Xhaka Özil, Lacazette

First XI

--------------------------------Leno

Bellerin----------*CB--------------------Sokratis---------Kolasinac

-------------------------------Torreira
-------------------*CM-------------------*Rabiot

Mkhitaryan-------------------------------------------------*LM
----------------------------Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Iwobi, Nelson, Sturridge

NZgunner

The Sky Sports poll on Arsenal players that should stay or go has some interesting results - and with more than 170k votes probably reasonably indicative of what fans actually want.

No surprises about Mustafi or Özil, but I was surprised that almost 60% want Koscielny gone (I'd keep him for the experience he can impart to our younger defenders) and over 70% want Iwobi to stay (zero mental toughness and rarely makes good football decisions).

Also interesting that the majority (55%) want Xhaka out.

But when the fans want 11 out of 26 players out, and 6 of those 11 have been first choice regulars, it shows just how little faith the fans have in the current squad.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Personally based on Iwobi, Guendouzi and AMN - 100% no. People actually attack them on social media after a bad game. Imagine we put the pressure on youngsters only to carry the burden of soring 10-20 goals a season.

We criticize each others opinions on here. Compared to Twitter we have managerial level football IQ.

The majority of fans have absolute meme tier options tbh

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I wouldnt say we should heavily rely on them but they should be getting more minutes in the Europa League and cups. The outstanding performers from those games should get some opportunities in the league.

Players like Elneny should be sold and replaced by Willock/AMN, while Welbeck should be replaced by Nelson/Saka.

Its the starting players who need to be replaced with quality like Ramsey, Mustafi, Kola?, Özil? etc. + we needed a winger regardless. Its all about balance, promote youth and sign a few players to replace the insane amount of outgoings.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Probably not. Our fans can be pretty toxic. I'd be all for the youth project though. If we had a clear direction and the club were honest about it then maybe more fans would get behind the idea.

Tried youth protect with Wenger. Won't work and if it does, will take years and require us skipping much further down the table. Not to mention young players might get broken by the responsibility and scrutiny.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I hope so. I would call on fans to get behind them, but realistically, they'll go over the top and savage them. I'm not even sure "heavily relying" on them is what I would advocate but using them more should be a priority. There's a couple I can see being first teamers in the immediate future but not all do. Arsenal fans should have more patience with the young players - it's the seniors who don't deserve it because they've continually failed. Until we sign a different set of senior players then I would rather see the youngsters.

But I am admittedly worried that other fans won't be as patient and won't get behind them. We already had people, even on this forum, calling Nketiah sh!t, saying that Willock won't make it, and that Nelson's overrated because Nagelsmann dropped him. People were ready to sh*t on them already and it kinda pissed me off, and not much pisses me off regarding football these days, but that was disappointing and I hope that changes next season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Tried youth protect with Wenger. Won't work and if it does, will take years and require us skipping much further down the table. Not to mention young players might get broken by the responsibility and scrutiny.

We never tried with youth who did we try with

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

yeah but if we're gonna be competing for 5th or 6th, we can do it with a more youth centric team

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Close to 20 years and we haven’t replaced Vieira.

Unless we do something about our midfield, we are not going anywhere!

People keep criticizing Özil, but our problem is behind him. I'd sell Xhaka and Elnenny, get someone really good at midfield.

Tony's nose

Close to 20 years and we haven’t replaced Vieira.

Unless we do something about our midfield, we are not going anywhere!

People keep criticizing Özil, but our problem is behind him. I'd sell Xhaka and Elnenny, get someone really good at midfield.

Build from the back our defense is horrfic and get a decent captain appointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom