• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Close to 20 years and we haven’t replaced Vieira.

Unless we do something about our midfield, we are not going anywhere!

People keep criticizing Özil, but our problem is behind him. I'd sell Xhaka and Elnenny, get someone really good at midfield.
Was watching highlights from the 98/99 season the other day. My word what a player Vieira was.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Xhaka has so many flaws. He’s in the team because he can pass the ball. And yes he can pass it well. But in this day and age a deep-lying-playmaker needs more of a physical presence, some on-the-ball skills for when you’re pressed and, you know, a sense of defensive positioning.

I think I’d rather even play Torreira in front of our defense and buy a CM who can do it all (pretty much Ramsey at his best).

Tony's nose

I would argue that we can get by with the same defense, but we need a better midfielder than Xhaka

Personally i would rip that defence apart, agree on xhaka and get two wingers sorted.

However with 40 million and maybe a couple yoof players it maybtake a few years to sort , by then we will be in need of forwards .

Could be stuckmin a vicious circle here

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally i would rip that defence apart, agree on xhaka and get two wingers sorted.

However with 40 million and maybe a couple yoof players it maybtake a few years to sort , by then we will be in need of forwards .

Could be stuckmin a vicious circle here
Agreed.

Silver lining are our strikers. They will carry us for a season or two. Even Özil is still good

idan

we need to offload Xhaka and Mustafi as soon as possible.
Maybe Mkhi,Elnenny,Kos will get us some money,I just cant imagine someone who will take Özil with his wages.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The squad is ****, though I do think an actual football coach would still get more out of them.

Leno - Alright.
Cech - Thank **** this **** is going.
Ospina - Get gone.
Martinez - Probably be backup next season, can't be worse than Helmet.

Bellerin - Probably our best defender, imagine that.
Lichtsteiner - Think we made him from the pubes of Squillaci and Hoyte.
Jenkinson - This geezer will be here when Nelson is retired.

Mustafi - Bastards bastard.
Sokratis - ****.
Koscielny - He's done.
Chambers - Two loans and two relegations, ever present too, bin.
Holding - Keep as 4th choice.
Mavropanos - Needs a loan, wasted a season.

Monreal - Like Koscielny he's done.
Kolasinac - Fat ****er should be a wrestler.

Torreira - Our Kante they said, engine went at Christmas ffs.
Xhaka - Bastard.
Guendouzi - Think he went on a cruise with Torreira in December.
Elneny - We give this guy a new deal, imagine that.
Maitland-Niles - He will survive the greasy one trying to ruin him.
Ramsey - Goodbye, sweet prince.

Özil - Getting 350k to do **** all, I can't fault the man.
Mkhitaryan - Get rid.
Iwobi - His 3 goals are crucial to us, new deal please.
Suarez - What the **** was this all about.

Aubameyang - Scruffs version of Adebayor.
Lacazette - 27 league goals in 2 seasons, sell him.
Wele - About to join Theo at a bigger club.
Asano - Legend.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't bin Koscielny just yet. Even if you don't want him as first choice, he's the best 3rd/4th choice we could hope to get.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I wouldn't bin Koscielny just yet. Even if you don't want him as first choice, he's the best 3rd/4th choice we could hope to get.

Bin him. He's old and he isn't as good as people on here make out.

Need to get any of that old Wenger regimed team out. They are all mentally weak players. Monreal, Koscielny, Xhaka,Mustafi, miki, Özil all out. I don't care if Arsenal have to pay them their contracts out and sign no one next summer and play the youth team. Those players aren't up for it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bin him. He's old and he isn't as good as people on here make out.

Need to get any of that old Wenger regimed team out. They are all mentally weak players. Monreal, Koscielny, Xhaka,Mustafi, miki, Özil all out. I don't care if Arsenal have to pay them their contracts out and sign no one next summer and play the youth team. Those players aren't up for it.

And who becomes 3rd, 4th or even 5th choice?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And who becomes 3rd, 4th or even 5th choice?

Medley or the best centre back in the under 21s/23s. Koscielny played the last matches and we conceded more than ever. He's past it. We need to be ruthless and stop hanging on to aging players. Look what Chelsea did with Gary Cahill. Sarri said you don't fit my type of play and out. The same should be done with all that old regime of players who were all to comfortable in the past.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Tried youth protect with Wenger. Won't work and if it does, will take years and require us skipping much further down the table. Not to mention young players might get broken by the responsibility and scrutiny.

The project youth we tried with Wenger was mocked for playing beautiful football but winning nothing. Yet I see teams doing this now and it's being hailed a success. Once again he was ahead of his time ;). His biggest flaw in what he tried back then was not taking the domestic cups seriously.

In my mind we need to find the right balance with youth and a few more experienced players. We need freshness injected into that squad. We need more hunger throughout that team. Can't watch another season of Mkhi, Kolasinac and all those underperforming players getting chance after chance and yet thinking some of our kids wouldn't be this bad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The project youth we tried with Wenger was mocked for playing beautiful football but winning nothing. Yet I see teams doing this now and it's being hailed a success. Once again he was ahead of his time ;). His biggest flaw in what he tried back then was not taking the domestic cups seriously.

In my mind we need to find the right balance with youth and a few more experienced players. We need freshness injected into that squad. We need more hunger throughout that team. Can't watch another season of Mkhi, Kolasinac and all those underperforming players getting chance after chance and yet thinking some of our kids wouldn't be this bad.

The problem was the youth that we developed and the youth that we signed was pathetic. Gibbs, Chamberlain, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Jenkinson. That was meant to be our future the spine of the team for years to come. Not one player has kicked on to be a top drawer player. Liverpool have Gomez and TAA who after 2 season are already in that bracket.

Teams may be getting hailed because they are progressing through that system. We didn't progress when we played youth and tried. We regressed.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Medley or the best centre back in the under 21s/23s. Koscielny played the last matches and we conceded more than ever. He's past it. We need to be ruthless and stop hanging on to aging players. Look what Chelsea did with Gary Cahill. Sarri said you don't fit my type of play and out. The same should be done with all that old regime of players who were all to comfortable in the past.

Medley? An unproven 18 year old. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we can't go all youth again the PL has improved there alot money teams are not spending 10-20M whole season to improve their teams anymore the bottom half are spending more than 50M now days so we have to move on with times that's how modern football these days sadly you need to invest and be smart how to manage your youth players. there players who deserve to be part of first team Willock ESR Nelson at the moment and if they keep improve Saka and Ameichi could be after.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Medley? An unproven 18 year old. :lol:

Yes. The sooner he plays the sooner he gets experience and the sooner he becomes proven!

Koscielny is done. He isn't world class either never has been never will be. He was never able to make those defenders around him better. Harping on back to Liverpool but VVD makes Joel Matip look a good defender. However put Matip and Lovren together he's back to being ordinary.

The top players make those around them better.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Most crucial thing is ridding the squad of any and all Wenger/Gazidis/Law remnants.

The mentality is weak and stinky at the club and these losers are the reason for that.

Get rid of ALL of them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yes. The sooner he plays the sooner he gets experience and the sooner he becomes proven!

Koscielny is done. He isn't world class either never has been never will be. He was never able to make those defenders around him better. Harping on back to Liverpool but VVD makes Joel Matip look a good defender. However put Matip and Lovren together he's back to being ordinary.

The top players make those around them better.

You’re right, let’s just bin everyone and play the entire U23 squad. The sooner they get experience the sooner they become proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom