• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Post-Season Discussion 2018/19

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our underlying statistics from what I've seen are demonstrably worse than last season.

We're taking less shots, conceding more shots, I'm pretty sure we over performed our xG by some distance this season which is extremely worrying as this metric has a history of bearing out eventually.

The biggest concern for me is still off the pitch. That bald fraud Gazidis has seemingly been replaced by a two headed version of himself (Raul and Vinai), the way our chief scout left and not being able to replace him, the farce over Monchi, how they thought he was ours and all of the sudden he isn't.

This club is still run by amateurs and until that gets fixed, I won't have any hope as our owners clearly don't give a ****. The board of directors + upper management need to be replaced by those that know what the **** they are doing and this club needs to get back to aggressively trying to be the best that it can be with the vast resources it has at its disposal.

We'll get the same laundry list of excuses though, "FFP, STCC, no CL" etc etc while we have one of the highest cash balances in world football, have a wage bill of £230m where one player alone earns £350k p/w while at the same time clubs such as Everton, Leicester, Wolves will likely spend more money than us.

Tony's nose

I still cringe at the Raul and Vinai interview recently released.

It was like a advert for the Kroenke's reminding us mere fans what an amazing job they are doing behind the scene.

If Stan had turned up at Baku he would of seen the actual s*** show unfolding on the stage.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I was hoping for CL next season and build from there. Still the same from top to bottom, the run in and the final on wednesday was truly pathetic. Our wage bill is a mystery to me with all the dross we have. We need 9 yes 9 players in the summer, over to you Raul!!! Poverty stuff!!

Wryer

I still cringe at the Raul and Vinai interview recently released.

It was like a advert for the Kroenke's reminding us mere fans what an amazing job they are doing behind the scene.

If Stan had turned up at Baku he would of seen the actual s*** show unfolding on the stage.

Absolutely cringe worthy stuff. Issuing war cries in suits and offices. I’m sure that was endorsed by Vinai as part of his commercial scope. I saw people saying he was very well spoken. Sure, but what strikes is yet another man who is empowered but issues lies without battling an eyelid.

From team development front - I don’t see any option but promoting our youngsters (Reiss, Willock, ESR) and buying cheap promising youngsters (Guendozi). Play him, raise them, educate them and then SELL them. Selling smart has to be the first priority. This will generate us the funds to buy better players for the very top. The important kpi is to keep the team between 4th-6th at the same time these strategies are on going. First up - sell Iwobi and AMN. The timing is right and should yield us 35m easily.

It’s essentially the Dortmund model. But we have no choice although it’s depressing. For our years of looking ahead and having a new stadium, the entire pivot was destroyed once Roman and the Sheikhs came. We are playing catch up once again.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
So close. Could have come 3rd/4th and pushed Sp**s to Europa.

Resting players for semi against Valencia... genius move by the manager. Starting 5 defenders and 2 DMs in must win matches....genius move by manager.

Hope he learns, but its clear he lacks leadership skills. Timid and nervous soul.

ChefMan21

It's the first season after Wenger, so we were starting from scratch in a lot of ways. In that respect I think it's a 7/10.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The day Unai got appointed ofc.

But in terms of actually in the season, that Sp**s win. Right then I thought every single thing about Arsenal had changed and we were going to have a very special season. Such a shame we didn't build on it.
Yeah the Sp**s win was good stuff tbh.
Take a second to think about what you’re saying. Best thing about our season was a win against Sp**s. Do you know who you sound like, who’s been saying something like that about Arsenal for 99% of their existence? This should be the biggest red flag of all.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Take a second to think about what you’re saying. Best thing about our season was a win against Sp**s. Do you know who you sound like, who’s been saying something like that about Arsenal for 99% of their existence? This should be the biggest red flag of all.

So what? What moment was better? When we won the league? Lacazettes hatty in the Europa league final?

Not my fault we didn't win anything of note this season.

Top Bottom