• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youssef En-Nesyri

1CK1S

Heck no, this is a relegation club signing.

Just say f it and go for Marcus Thuram, I'm sure he's cheap since his squad have been relegated. PEA will be 31 by summer of next year, signing Thuram would be a signing for the future along with Nketiah.

FinnGooner

Established Member
If the €10m price tag is correct, I don't mind. 22 is still relatively young for a striker and he has already scored in a top league. Probably won't be anything special but with that price the risks are minimal. Profit almost guaranteed since the moment he puts on Arsenal shirt his status goes up. A few goals in cup competitions and the price is doubled.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not crazy about this signing. Doesn't look that good to me. Rather Nketiah.
If we keep Laca we'll play 2 strikers, which means we need someone on the bench alongside Eddie.

if we sell Laca and play one ST, I think we would still need another ST alongside Eddie as we are one injury away from having only one ST.

think we need a striker, but a smart signing from both tactical and financial way of looking

FinnGooner

Established Member
Well if this part is true:

Then he will probably go closer for €20-25m..

I think it just means we'll get him for €15m. Málaga would take a huge risk by betting on getting profit. Also, isn't there a restriction how many times one player can move in one window? €15m still sounds acceptable. Of course, I have no idea how good this guy is. Bottom line, if we get the neeeed additions to CB, LB, CM and wings, I don't mind taking a few punts on young strikers. It's so difficult to predict how they turn out so I go with volume. However, I doubt we'll get the key additions we need. ST is certainly not a priority.

For a club that goes on about giving youth a chance the 3rd striker role in the squad should be from within. Waste of money.

I think Emery is under even more pressure now than last season. There wont be much time for youth development if he is to save his career here. He will go back to what he knows best, signing EL level players for the season we are about to have and hope we can win the competition that way!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think Emery is under even more pressure now than last season. There wont be much time for youth development if he is to save his career here. He will go back to what he knows best, signing EL level players for the season we are about to have and hope we can win the competition that way!

This is my fear TBH. We need Edu or who ever in place ASAP with a strong plan.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If you buy this guy and Martinelli then expect ALL of your youth strikers to exit.

FluffyDoozi

Looks very powerful in the YouTube video.
Red flags that he scored 60% (6goals) of his season total in a 3 week period in Jan/Feb and has since scored once in 3 months after in he's most prolific season.

If we are buying Jovic like young strikers, it's understandable but instead of getting these average guys, why not give Nketiah more games? He has looked decent everytime he has been given games. We have to show more trust in our academy kids.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we are adding a striker rather than wide player I would guess this is good news for Nketiah. It suggests a two striker formation & assume he would be the 3rd/4th choice but an important squad member.

The guy is 1.89 m & looks to move really well with it. The bigger strikers seem to develop later. For me one of the more exciting links this summer just on tangibles.

Top Bottom