• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youth got to be kidding?

We should develop youth when we have good generation coming through and we are stuck in EL. Next year is good opportunity again with the EL.

We have a chance to get 3-5 capable player to our squad. Thats maybe over 100 M worth of transfers.

When we get bsck into CL it will be difficult to do stuff like that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think people on here are desperately overrating the success of youth academies.

The academy won’t solve our problems unless we’re literally sitting on the next class of 92. These things are extremely rare.

Even if the youth aren't going to solve all of our problems, they can help us solve a lot of them.

At the very least we should be using them as viable squad options. No more Elnenys. No more Lichsteiners. Not only would it allow us to direct virtually all of our (transfer and wage) dollars to improving the first eleven, but it could be a recurring source of transfer income.

Give the kids a small but reasonable amount of game time. If they play with even a modicum of competence, you have a homegrown talent you can sell on for at least £7MM. If they aren't Arsenal standard, sell them on and repeat the process with the next crop, and use those aggregate funds to purchase someone who is.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
You play the youngsters who are good enough and are READY for the first team, the ones who can adapt to the step up. There are plenty who'll look good at youth level but won't be able to make the step up..

Yeah this is a good point, some players are just not able to translate their games from youth football to senior, no shame in that, those guys need more time.
That said it's important to give them the trust and chance to show if they are capable of playing at that level, let them prove if they have what it takes or not.

Like if you are having an injury crisis, instead of going for a makeshift solution you should put your trust in the youngsters to show what they are capable of. Macheda didn't amount to anything, but SAF wasn't afraid to trust him when they were short on players and he even won them a few games back then. Same with Eastmond, I'm not even sure he still plays, but when we were short on players he got a chance in the midfield and did well.. Then you have someone like Rashford who got a chance when Manu were struggling with injuries and proved he had what it takes to play at the top level.
When we were having so many attacking players out during the hectic period in winter, why not give Nketiah or Saka a few minutes instead of just playing more defenders to compensate? Instead of playing Xhaka as lb, why not give a defender from the academy a chance to prove himself?

teamsoutheast

I find it quite incredible that fans are calling out for us to go back to Project Youth MKII which Wenger was so heavily criticised for during his tenure with chants of 'Spend the F'ing Money'. I have always been a supporter of recuiting heavily from both the youth teams and also externally with highly rated young prospect who may be ready for first team action. It's just strange that fans want this again....

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I find it quite incredible that fans are calling out for us to go back to Project Youth MKII which Wenger was so heavily criticised for during his tenure with chants of 'Spend the F'ing Money'. I have always been a supporter of recuiting heavily from both the youth teams and also externally with highly rated young prospect who may be ready for first team action. It's just strange that fans want this again....
We played some of our best football with youth and our philosophy was spot on. We failed to buy quality experience and our best players got tired of waiting for trophies and left. Pressure from fans and a meddling Ivan has left us with this awful squad. We need to take the final step we failed to ten years ago and get a younger coach with the willingness, vision and drive to implement it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
To be fair, there are just as many fans against the idea. I'm just happy that some are seeing the benefits now, albeit it's come about during such a dire period for us where anything else would be seen as potential improvement.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

We never ever played ****ty under Wenger during the time the kids got their chances.

Wenger's last two bad years haven't had any of this anymore.

Why

Always Me ?
I remember pre-season last year, and actually being genuinely excited when I saw ESR and Nelson play. ESR seemed that guy that would take on multiple defenders and go for the shot. I was hoping he would get more game time this year, and annoyed when he was loaned out and subsequently injured.

I would love to see a core of Nelson, AMN, and ESR starting next season. With Eddie and some of the others getting game time.

Why

Always Me ?
ESR has what it takes. You have to be concerned about his injuries, though.

Had some groin problems last year? That's it I think? Was out for a few months with the main problem, then tweaked it at Leipzig and out for a few weeks.

Not overly surprising for a young lad to have those issues when trying to impress and chase down balls.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
We never ever played ****ty under Wenger during the time the kids got their chances.

Wenger's last two bad years haven't had any of this anymore.
man...people were screaming *, spend some ****ing money, cant win anything with kids, we want to challenge, need matchwinners..........

good to see some fondness for that approach finally.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I hate seeing youth players in the first 11, don't see why people always call for them it's like 1/100 that are actually good.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I hate seeing youth players in the first 11, don't see why people always call for them it's like 1/100 that are actually good.
Because people here hate to see any of our first 11 players. When the question comes if you would like to see overpaid useless player milking the club in his 30s, or you would rather see useless but still cheap and full of desire youth player, I would chose younger player any day. The only argument in favour of experienced players was to get some results, something that they clearly failed.

Now, if we actually did have some top quality players, then I would agree with you, but now we have none of that.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Because people here hate to see any of our first 11 players. When the question comes if you would like to see overpaid useless player milking the club in his 30s, or you would rather see useless but still cheap and full of desire youth player, I would chose younger player any day. The only argument in favour of experienced players was to get some results, something that they clearly failed.

Now, if we actually did have some top quality players, then I would agree with you, but now we have none of that.
Both Iwobi and AMN had a lot of minutes last season, could you say that they showed more desire than other Arsenal players?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Both Iwobi and AMN had a lot of minutes last season, could you say that they showed more desire than other Arsenal players?
Iwobi did, he was always willing to take players on, help defence... AMN looks like a brain dead player. Comparing that to experienced players like Lich/Özil/Mkhi and their season, I think we got more from Iwobi and AMN for much less money.
Don't get me wrong, all of them were ****e, but I would rather take cheaper option if that's the case.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I want the youth to play Premier League. Not this cup nonsense.

Lets see them week in and week out.

Fastvtrack this generation and bench the overrated prima donnas that we cant move.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Darren has me on strings here, dreaming of the LADS all getting promoted to the first team. :drool:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom