• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aboomerang (out)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It's nonsense. He's on nearly £300k a week with us once you factor in all the bonuses.

£198k a week base salary.
£50k a week bonus for every game we win that he starts.
£15m loyalty payment paid in 4 installments over the length of his contract.
£300k bonus for 25 goals/assists.

Even if you take out the bonuses he's getting £280k a week with the base salary and loyalty payment.
If he doesn't ask for the transfer & gets that loyalty payment then gets bonuses in China along with the 300k could make great financial sense for the last big contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba still get 2 years in contract we definitely not renewing because he'll be 32 at that time so this going be his last big money contract

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This isn't happeneing. They have a 100% tax on transfers and now this for next season. No Chinese club can afford him.

Foreign players are not affected by the salary cap, which will be in place for the new Chinese Super League (CSL) season when it starts in the spring.

However, each club's annual expenditure cannot exceed 1.2 billion yuan (£137 million) in 2019, which will decline to 900 million yuan (£103 million) in 2021.

Two years ago, Brazilian attacking midfielder Oscar joined CSL side Shanghai SIPG from Chelsea for an Asian-record 60 million euros (£54 million) and Argentine forward Carlos Tevez signed for rivals Shanghai Shenhua, both earning some of the highest wages in world football.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mposes-salary-cap-new-spending-crackdown.html

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Even if we take a small loss id do it. He is not getting better, and his value is going down. Think we can do better with change left over for another position.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd rather sell Laca for £40 to £50m. We have other players we can sell to raise money ie Mhki, Mustafi, Chambers, Elneny, (Özil if possible) we don't need to sell Auba. If we sell our joint Golden Boot winner I would lose interest completely. As it is I'm hanging on by the finger tips!

HBL

Established Member
This would be a terrible decision. Ok, he is frustrating to watch at times but scoring 31 goals in the side we had last season is a great record.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This isn't happeneing. They have a 100% tax on transfers and now this for next season. No Chinese club can afford him.

This, unless we plan on selling him for under £7million I can't see it happening, he would cost them far far too much with the tax and what the club will want for him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
One of the two clubs linked could have the answer to our attacking midfield issues.

A pretty fine Ramsey / Özil replacement with size, forward drive & goals for days.

Still only 25, wasted in China & proven in stronger leagues.

510f936e-a9b9-11e8-8796-d12ba807e6e9_image_hires_140558.JPG

HBL

Established Member
One of the two clubs linked could have the answer to our attacking midfield issues.

A pretty fine Ramsey / Özil replacement with size, forward drive & goals for days.

Still only 25, wasted in China & proven in stronger leagues.

510f936e-a9b9-11e8-8796-d12ba807e6e9_image_hires_140558.JPG

If he is a BTEC Ziyech, I'll take him

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
£80m for Auba and I’d take it. Utilise Lacazette up front in a 433. Buy a capable left back in the Robertson mould. Bring Nelson into the side and sign Ziyech/Zaha with the Auba money.

Other sales and our 45m budget should go solely on the defence.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom