• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I could understand your dislike of Özil (prolly didn't get get his autograph)

But defending Emery is like defending ****
Defending Özil is more of a joke.
Özil fan girl need to accept that emery is the boss and he has every right to drop a player who provide **** performance. There’s no reason for you fan girl to get angry about this.

Reactions: CJJ

MustOezil

Shame Torreira and Guendouzi were Mislintat signings and Sven is gone.

I personally don't see anything that seriously speaks for giving him another season, but 1) I'm personally beyond really caring atm 2) the club will not sack him anyway 3) hopefully the new Technical Director knows his stuff and can prevent Arsenal from becoming even more of a garbage dumbster 4) there's really no good candidate out there right now anyway who's either free or would be willing to come, I guess. The most interesting free manager currently is Mourinho...

The only thing everyone needs to be sure about though is that if Arsenal go into the next season with him, they also have to end it with him - provided the club doesn't fall from top 6. Firing/hiring during the season that's what I call willy nilly. Chances of getting a good manager during the season are basically zero, too. They're mostly under contract and working successfully, so why bother to leave that to salvage another club's bad season, or have set their eyes on bigger fish. E.g. Valverde's chair is pretty tottery and someone like Allegri will wait for that. Or the Bayern job. Or the United job.

Would take Mourinho over Emery in a heartbeat.

Great. Except we are worse off defensively

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I could understand your dislike of Özil (prolly didn't get get his autograph)

But defending Emery is like defending ****
It's not a case of defending Emery, it's defending common sense. **** knows why, but it escapes a lot of you for whatever reason. There are reasoned posters that question our season and Emery, but a lot of you just sound like angry kids.

He's here for at least another season. Do what you have to do to get through it. Have a year off, whatever.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Arsenal use to be elite.

Now we have fans excited over going from 6th to 5th.

Welcome to mediocrity.
2pts behind 3rd. If do not have **** players that Wenger bought, and the huge injury crisis, we could have easily get 3rd.
It’s all about making progress, you won’t win the title with a **** squad of players. So you go from 6th to 5th to 4th...

We have tactically improved a lot, from a traditional manager who take tactics as a general philosophy, to a modern manager who believes that tactics is like a chess game which every small movements on the pitch counts.

This is how Lacazette says about Emery:
"There's a lot of difference. We work tactically more, we do more video as well, how the coach speaks is different than Wenger. It's different.”

Would take Mourinho over Emery in a heartbeat.

Great. Except we are worse off defensively
FFS you want a manager who plays Tony pulis tactics instead of emery who use an attacking tactics?

Last edited:
Reactions: CJJ

MustOezil

2pts behind 3rd. If do not have **** players that Wenger bought, and the huge injury crisis, we could have easily get 3rd.
It’s all about making progress, you won’t win the title with a **** squad of players. So you go from 6th to 5th to 4th...

We have tactically improved a lot, from a traditional manager who take tactics as a general philosophy, to a modern manager who believes that tactics is like a chess game which every small movements on the pitch counts.

This is how Lacazette says about Emery:
"There's a lot of difference. We work tactically more, we do more video as well, how the coach speaks is different than Wenger. It's different.”

FFS you want a manager who plays Tony pulis tactics instead of emery who use an attacking tactics?

Lets blame it all on Wenger, sure. Let's disregard the fact that Emery had Leno, Sokratis, Lichtensteiner, Torreira, Guendouzi and inherited Lacazette and Aubameyang.

If we sell Lacazette this summer, I fully expect us to fall to 7th or 8th next year, when the xG finally catch up to this team.

Any serious supporter will take Mourinho over Emery. One is a serial winner and champions league medalist, and the other one, well, a nobody.

We will never win the league with Emery.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not a case of defending Emery, it's defending common sense. **** knows why, but it escapes a lot of you for whatever reason. There are reasoned posters that question our season and Emery, but a lot of you just sound like angry kids.

He's here for at least another season. Do what you have to do to get through it. Have a year off, whatever.
I want him to succeed. But cannot see how he could considering what he has shown so far.

Quite rude, I'm not gonna take a break now, after supporting us throughout the dark years.

I don't like what I am seeing and make myself heard wherever I can.

Try to hide it as much as you can.
I don't.

He's my favorite player. And he plays for my favorite club.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lets blame it all on Wenger, sure. Let's disregard the fact that Emery had Leno, Sokratis, Lichtensteiner, Torreira, Guendouzi and inherited Lacazette and Aubameyang.

If we sell Lacazette this summer, I fully expect us to fall to 7th or 8th next year, when the xG finally catch up to this team.

Any serious supporter will take Mourinho over Emery. One is a serial winner and champions league medalist, and the other one, well, a nobody.

Just as you’ve said, the player emery bought are good, so credit to him.
But we have lost Cazorla, the best player in our team, and we had a huge injury crisis in the middle of the season. We also have **** individual performance from players, which isn’t something you can control.
Wenger failed to make auba laca work, but emery did.

We already have too many players focus only on the end product. So no one is helping to create chances. If selling laca means we can get a skillful winger, then it’s not actually a bad idea.
Sure we would lose some of his goals, but a skillful winger would help scoring some goals, stretch the opposition. We will have more possession, so more chances will be created. So auba will score more, the other player will score more, we will concede less because we have the ball more. The fullbacks will get more support in attack and we become less prone to counters.

Any true arsenal fan will want us to play attractive football, having a Tony pulis **** type of manager is the last thing we wanted. Emery plays an attacking tactics, but we have too many non-technical players so we didn’t look as good. But any of emery’s previous teams will show you that he uses a tactic that plays beautiful football.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some crazy posts on here. Emery has had a very good season by ‘new manager in the Prem’ standards.

Pep had the richest team and came third, Klopp had the 4 the richest team and came 8th. And look what they’ve achieved since!

Emery had the 5th richest team and came 5th. You can’t argue with that. End of story. Time to look forward now.

Tony's nose

They said Arsène who when he arrived , everybody wanted Cruff we got Arsène did anyone complain 2 years later ???

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lots of clairvoyants on AM lately. Can’t be a bad thing. Just wish they’d refrain from talking about football matters and make us all rich instead ffs.

CJJ

Established Member
I've always thought any manager taking over would need time with this squad, as the quality is poor compared to the rest of the teams in the top 6. I never expected top4 this season, so i'm not going to moan about Emery ending 5th.
I foolishly hope the board will show ambition this summer and throw some serious money into overhauling the squad (net spend +100m).

If that doesn't happen, i don't expect us to get into top4 and i think it would be ridiculous to blame Emery for it. In that case the problem is lack of money/ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom