• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aboomerang (out)

KJSB97

Auba has settled really well and strikes me as the kind of guy who enjoys playing for us and loves the London lifestyle so I can't see him jumping ship to China for money. Only way this happens is if Sanllehi & Co receive an offer that massively surpasses what we paid for him and they force him out, which wouldn't be a disaster as long as they then built the team to suit Laca's strengths like Lyon did.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Would be shrewd business to sell him for big money now tbh. Always liked Auba but time is running out on him being a great player, and when he drops off it'll be ugly. Extremely reliant on his pace and those wages aren't justifiable when he starts slowing down.

Can't deny it could hurt you a bit short-term but it has the potential to massively benefit fit you going forward, obviously factoring in the money being put back into the team which I of course realize is an entirely different issue and a real worry.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'm fine either way, keep him for the goals or sell for big money. Not attached to anyone and they all have their price. It's a gamble either way really.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It’s a simple question of what we want to do in the next couple of seasons. If we go down the road of trying to get back to CL as soon as possible then selling Auba is out of the question. If we’re trying to rebuild by adding young talented players that will grow together as a team and selling overpaid dross then we should sell.

The worst thing we can do is stay in this limbo where we’re trying to act as a big club but are not willing to back it up financially on the market.

StrangerThanParadise

I don't think we're really in a position financially, nor with so many holes to fill across the pitch where we can say no if the right offer comes in for one of the strikers. Aubameyang or Lacazette it doesn't really matter. Clearly it's to the detriment to the overall play of the team if both of them are being squeezed into the team, and if we can use the money smartly to find a winger and attacking midfielder to compliment one of them instead I think it's a no brainer.

Only worry of course is IF the money would actually be reinvested, no real precedent in recent years seen as all our stars have gone for nothing or next to nothing.

roz

Fake News Merchant
this could be amazing for us. Reinvest in the rest of the squad from the sale of an overrated 30year old. Would much rather keep Laca who’s all round game is miles better.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We haven’t got a single unsellable asset, put a 80M price tag on each player and who wouldn’t you sell?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We haven’t got a single unsellable asset, put a 80M price tag on each player and who wouldn’t you sell?

Yeah there’s not one player in the squad I wouldn’t sell for the right price atm.. For 80m+ we have to accept it imo..

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
£80m for Auba and I’d take it. Utilise Lacazette up front in a 433. Buy a capable left back in the Robertson mould. Bring Nelson into the side and sign Ziyech/Zaha with the Auba money.

Other sales and our 45m budget should go solely on the defence.
It's much easier to replace Lacazette's pathetic numbers, who is going to replace 22 goals in the league?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we can get 80m+ for him or Laca I would probably sell at this stage, I've changed my mind.

We could replace one with Zaha and have no excuse but to play 4231 again. Palace might push for a lot but I reckon 60m would be enough and the other 20m added to our transfer kitty.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If he asks for 300k+ to stay then he would have to go

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I just remembered he has two years left on his deal... so if he doesn't agree terms then we will need to sell him if Sanllehi and Vinai were telling us the truth.

Maybe we have already opened preliminary talks and his agent is using China as a bargaining technique.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just remembered he has two years left on his deal... so if he doesn't agree terms then we will need to sell him if Sanllehi and Vinai were telling us the truth.

Maybe we have already opened preliminary talks and his agent is using China as a bargaining technique.
either way we in bad position to give him 300K a week.

Top Bottom