• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Laca's partnership with Auba is why we're where we were in the league. To suggest anything else would be laughable.

Keeping him is crucial. However, if he's been enchanted by the links to Barca, fleece them for all we can (£100 million as that's how much his goals are worth to us without CL football).

1. Go to Palace & give them £80 million for Zaha.

2. Sell all the duds.

3. Add the money from the duds sales + what remains of the Laca money + our budget to get the following players:

Lewis Dunk, Callum Wilson, Abdoulaie Doucoure, William Saliba, Hakim Ziyech & Kieran Tierney.

Is Laca's partnership with Auba really that great a partnership though? I don't have the stats, but I'd like to see how often they actually link up and assist each other. Not saying it's a bad partnership at all, I just always wondered if it's hyped up a bit too much because they're such good friends off the field.

Sort of seems like two good players playing together results in good things, but not a great footballing partnership as such.

Reckon eventually you'd get Zaha for 60m, I'd be cool with that.

KJSB97

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post, been a long season of observation and keen to get my views across.

In an ideal world where we had secured CL, would loved to have brought in Zaha, Upamecano, Umtiti, Van de Beek and players of that ilk, but the harsh reality is that they are no longer attainable under Kroenke’s model without CL football and it would have been a long shot to secure the listed players even with it. Therefore, we need to lower our expectations a bit and target younger and hungrier players a tier below what we would like in order to help us first get back into the CL.

In terms of positions, we should be targeting: GK, LB, CB x2, CM, Winger

GK - Seemingly Emery doesn’t fancy Martinez as No.2 due to the persistent GK links. Strongly believe that he is looking for an EL/Cup keeper (similar role to Cech’s this season) who has the potential to possibly overtake Leno as No.1. Names I have seen thrown about are Neto & Radu and I’d be perfectly happy with either provided they are satisfied with a somewhat bit-part role. Nevertheless, we have a lot of games in a season and there is plenty to go around. Leno remains No.1.

LB - Potentially the most important position to fill this summer. Keeping one of Monreal/ Kolasinac as back up is essential but we need a quality starting LB. Tierney’s name is mentioned a lot here and he would be fantastic, but the view from Celtic fans is that he has his heart set on setting more records with Celtic so won't be so easy to get. This is a position i’m hoping for a defensively sound wildcard signing who doesn’t bomb forward as much as our current LB’s. Have also seen the links to Meunier on the opposite flank which I wouldn’t be opposed to but RB certainly isn’t our most pressing need and AMN is fine as back up to Bellerin even though I would like him to continue his development further forward.

CB - Rather skeptical that any mid to high range CB ala Manolas will have a similar impact as a Mustafi or Sokratis, with neither setting the world alight. Only an elite level CB e.g. Koulibaly, Skriniar or De Ligt could take us to the next level but realistically we cannot afford them. Therefore, I think our budget would be best spent on youngsters with upside and I personally would target two of Kabak, Saliba & Andersen. Keeping Sokratis as the main stalwart for another season or two, we should slowly start to phase in the two purchased as well as reintegrate Holding who will be a huge asset if he recaptures his early season form. Kos will leave in my opinion and Dinos should be loaned, Chambers should also be sold to generate some funds. Medley may spring a surprise.

CM - Alongside Torreira & Xhaka (reluctantly), we should be targeting a more advanced CM in the Ramsey mould. Combative, high energy and with a reasonable goal threat. Have seen links to Praet & Nkunku who’d be great and I personally would love Szoboszlai. None of them really fit the profile to a tee but would be more suited to the system Emery is trying to implement and offer qualities Özil doesn’t, whom should be sold as the creative No.10 is now a relatively obsolete position in a modern XI. Willock may also have a shout if he has a solid pre-season.

Winger - Was hoping we’d go big in this position but with the disappointment of not securing CL football, we just simply don't have the funds to get a Zaha or Pepe. As a result, I'd try to secure Fraser as well as Alexis Claude-Maurice. Not the most spectacular signings, but Auba would score hatfuls with Frasers superior delivery over Kolasinac’s and he also offers PL experience and goal threat for a reasonable price. Claude-Maurice looks like he can be elite and a Guendouzi sort of profile in a Winger/AM position sounds exciting.

Other - In addition to the more urgent signings listed, I’d be going all out for Rabiot whilst trying to shift Xhaka to a Bayern or Inter who he’d do well at. Watched a lot of PSG throughout 2017 and Rabiot was always a standout, silky on the ball, great ball retention and surprisingly solid at dispossessing opponents despite not being a traditional ball winner. Would take him in a heartbeat, his excessive demands could be subsidised by the sales of Mkhi, Özil etc. and he’d be the perfect partner for Torreira. Also hoping for a trademark Arsenal surprise signing (ala Özil, Alexis) in the form of a Ziyech who would really take us to the next level in our quest for CL football next season.

En-Nesyri is also looking like an option - speculated that he will be brought in as a third choice striker but I saw him against Barca this season and he seemed to drift wide a lot and go on powerful marauding runs so he could be an interesting buy, certainly a completely different profile to anything we have.

Think my wishlist in terms of outgoings is pretty self explanatory as the fanbase seems to be in unison in who we want rid of - A certain WC winning German CB to begin.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Apologies in advance for the lengthy post, been a long season of observation and keen to get my views across.

In an ideal world where we had secured CL, would loved to have brought in Zaha, Upamecano, Umtiti, Van de Beek and players of that ilk, but the harsh reality is that they are no longer attainable under Kroenke’s model without CL football and it would have been a long shot to secure the listed players even with it. Therefore, we need to lower our expectations a bit and target younger and hungrier players a tier below what we would like in order to help us first get back into the CL.

In terms of positions, we should be targeting: GK, LB, CB x2, CM, Winger

GK - Seemingly Emery doesn’t fancy Martinez as No.2 due to the persistent GK links. Strongly believe that he is looking for an EL/Cup keeper (similar role to Cech’s this season) who has the potential to possibly overtake Leno as No.1. Names I have seen thrown about are Neto & Radu and I’d be perfectly happy with either provided they are satisfied with a somewhat bit-part role. Nevertheless, we have a lot of games in a season and there is plenty to go around. Leno remains No.1.

LB - Potentially the most important position to fill this summer. Keeping one of Monreal/ Kolasinac as back up is essential but we need a quality starting LB. Tierney’s name is mentioned a lot here and he would be fantastic, but the view from Celtic fans is that he has his heart set on setting more records with Celtic so won't be so easy to get. This is a position i’m hoping for a defensively sound wildcard signing who doesn’t bomb forward as much as our current LB’s. Have also seen the links to Meunier on the opposite flank which I wouldn’t be opposed to but RB certainly isn’t our most pressing need and AMN is fine as back up to Bellerin even though I would like him to continue his development further forward.

CB - Rather skeptical that any mid to high range CB ala Manolas will have a similar impact as a Mustafi or Sokratis, with neither setting the world alight. Only an elite level CB e.g. Koulibaly, Skriniar or De Ligt could take us to the next level but realistically we cannot afford them. Therefore, I think our budget would be best spent on youngsters with upside and I personally would target two of Kabak, Saliba & Andersen. Keeping Sokratis as the main stalwart for another season or two, we should slowly start to phase in the two purchased as well as reintegrate Holding who will be a huge asset if he recaptures his early season form. Kos will leave in my opinion and Dinos should be loaned, Chambers should also be sold to generate some funds. Medley may spring a surprise.

CM - Alongside Torreira & Xhaka (reluctantly), we should be targeting a more advanced CM in the Ramsey mould. Combative, high energy and with a reasonable goal threat. Have seen links to Praet & Nkunku who’d be great and I personally would love Szoboszlai. None of them really fit the profile to a tee but would be more suited to the system Emery is trying to implement and offer qualities Özil doesn’t, whom should be sold as the creative No.10 is now a relatively obsolete position in a modern XI. Willock may also have a shout if he has a solid pre-season.

Winger - Was hoping we’d go big in this position but with the disappointment of not securing CL football, we just simply don't have the funds to get a Zaha or Pepe. As a result, I'd try to secure Fraser as well as Alexis Claude-Maurice. Not the most spectacular signings, but Auba would score hatfuls with Frasers superior delivery over Kolasinac’s and he also offers PL experience and goal threat for a reasonable price. Claude-Maurice looks like he can be elite and a Guendouzi sort of profile in a Winger/AM position sounds exciting.

Other - In addition to the more urgent signings listed, I’d be going all out for Rabiot whilst trying to shift Xhaka to a Bayern or Inter who he’d do well at. Watched a lot of PSG throughout 2017 and Rabiot was always a standout, silky on the ball, great ball retention and surprisingly solid at dispossessing opponents despite not being a traditional ball winner. Would take him in a heartbeat, his excessive demands could be subsidised by the sales of Mkhi, Özil etc. and he’d be the perfect partner for Torreira. Also hoping for a trademark Arsenal surprise signing (ala Özil, Alexis) in the form of a Ziyech who would really take us to the next level in our quest for CL football next season.

En-Nesyri is also looking like an option - speculated that he will be brought in as a third choice striker but I saw him against Barca this season and he seemed to drift wide a lot and go on powerful marauding runs so he could be an interesting buy, certainly a completely different profile to anything we have.

Think my wishlist in terms of outgoings is pretty self explanatory as the fanbase seems to be in unison in who we want rid of - A certain WC winning German CB to begin.
Top post, I agree with everything.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've been slowly coming to terms that we won't be able to sign many quality players since we crashed out of the CL.

My (somewhat) realistic wish list:

Sell:
Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Ospina, Chambers, and Özil. This would equate to around £75m considering Özil would have to be sold dirt cheap due to his wages.

75m + 40m 'baseline' budget = 115m

Sign:
Tierney, Kabak, Praet (we can find someone better though), Alexis Claude Maurice / Martinelli. This would cost around 70m. I would like us to use that remaining 45m and maybe try to push Palace by adding another 10-20m towards the end of the window (we should be able to do this considering all the wages we will free up this summer).

--------------------------Leno-----------------------
--Bellerin----Sokratis------Holding----Tierney--
-----------------Torreira---Xhaka------------------
------Zaha--------------???---------------Auba----
------------------------Laca--------------------------

Bench/Reserves: Martinez, Kabak, Koscielny, Monreal, AMN, Willock, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Nelson, Iwobi, Nketiah.

Holding + Kabak future partnership. Before anyone questiong Auba LW we werw actually really successful with him there, him drifting in as we attack down the left means he isnt involved in build up play but can provide pace on counters away from home.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I wonder if overtaking the loan of Schurrle from Fulham could be a decent option. Pretty good player, can play from wide and a decent option to have in Europa League and as a sub in the prem. Would maybe be a nice stopgap and then go hard on a star winger next summer when we have Champions League again (yes, we will qualify next season)

ggunner12345

out Mustafi ,Ospina, Miki ,Elneny one of Monreal/Kolasinac one of Koscielny/Chambers. In Zaha or James Maddison ,a cm ,a lb Tiereny or the lb from Leicestor and cb.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out- Koscielny, Monreal, Özil, Ospina, Chambers, Elneny, Auba, Mustafi, Xhaka.

What I would like:

In: Martinez, Pepe, Claude-Maurice, Saliba, Anderson, Dumfries, Berge, Tierney.

GK: Leno, Martinez
LB: Tierney, Kolasinac
RB: Dumfries, Bellerin
CB: Sokratis, Saliba
CB: Anderson, Holding

DM: Torreira, AMN
CM: Berge, Guendouzi, Willock
AM: ESR, Iwobi

RW: Pepe, Miki, Amaechi
LW: Claude Maurice, Nelson, Saka
CF: Laca, Nketiah

What we will see:

---------------------------Leno

Meunier----Sokratis--Anderson---Monreal

------------------Torreira---Xhaka

---------------------------Praet

Miki--------------------Auba--------------Fraser

Check

Out- Koscielny, Monreal, Özil, Ospina, Chambers, Elneny, Auba, Mustafi, Xhaka.

What I would like:

In: Martinez, Pepe, Claude-Maurice, Saliba, Anderson, Dumfries, Berge, Tierney.

GK: Leno, Martinez
LB: Tierney, Kolasinac
RB: Dumfries, Bellerin
CB: Sokratis, Saliba
CB: Anderson, Holding

DM: Torreira, AMN
CM: Berge, Guendouzi, Willock
AM: ESR, Iwobi

RW: Pepe, Miki, Amaechi
LW: Claude Maurice, Nelson, Saka
CF: Laca, Nketiah

What we will see:

---------------------------Leno

Meunier----Sokratis--Anderson---Monreal

------------------Torreira---Xhaka

---------------------------Praet

Miki--------------------Auba--------------Fraser
Dumfries?! One of the most overrated players in the Eredivisie. Zero technical ability, not a good crosser and also not a very good defender. His best asset is his work rate. Don't rate him at all.

Other additions would be pretty nice.

OSBK

Established Member
Gk leno
Rb bellerin
Cb sok
Cb diop
Lb rose
Cm neves
Cm dacoure
Cm Torreira
Lw jota
Cf laca
Rw auba

Subs
Martinez
Valery
Holding
Kola
Doozi
Iwobi
Eddie

Powerfull and scary team, subs need some work

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Outs
Mustafi, Xhaka, Elneny, Özil, Mkhi, Ramsey, Cech, Licht, Jenkinson, Mavropanos, Welbeck

Ins
Gk- Adrian(FREE)
CB- Saliba and Hermoso/Victor Ruiz(FREE)
RB- Juanfran(FREE)
LB- Alberto Moreno/Filipe Luis(FREE)
CM- Ceballos(LOAN), Ander(FREE), Rabiot(FREE)
WF- Chukweize. Alexis Claude-Maurice, Perisic/Carrasco
ST- Martinelli, Kruse/Rondon(FREE)

Promote
Bielik, Willock, Saka, Nelson, Smith-Rowe

emilursin

I haven't seen him play but I frankly don't see much there that Bielik couldn't do for us.
Sander Berge is gonna be the next big thing, had a couple of injuries this season but was vital in the end of the season in winning the league for Genk, the guy owns the midfield and is surprisingly quick as well as tall and strong

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Budget - £45M.
Sellable assets that don't need to be replaced or can be replaced by youth - Chambers (£15M), Ospina (£3M), Jenkinson (45k a week wages), Elneny (£8M), Mkhitaryan (£10-15M).

Other players we should be looking at shifting - Koscielny (£5M), Monreal (£5M), Xhaka (£30M), Mustafi (£15M), Özil (Godknows), Kolasinac (£15M).

Squad after players we SHOULD sell (! = signing needed, * = homegrown) -

Leno, Martinez*
Bellerin, !
Sokratis, Holding*
!, Mavropanos, !
!, Monreal
Torreira, Guendouzi
!, Maitland Niles*, Willock
!, Iwobi
!, Nelson, Martinelli
Laca, Auba

Obviously we won't have that many outs. Its a bit unrealistic to expect that many. It'll be a case of one of Mikky or Özil will go, one of Kola or Monreal and I don't think Xhaka will go but they all need to.

Bergkamp1988

Hearing talk about Partey. Diligent DM and RB. 2 birds with one stone.
I remember he played RB against us in the Europa last year. Did a great job.

Top Bottom