• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Laca scored 28 goals in his final season at Lyon. You don't get those numbers if you're not good at taking runs. At Arsenal, he ends up going back to win those balls because we have an absolutely pathetic excuse of a midfield that doesn't function on its own. He is being forced to go back. Look at the number of goals scored by Auba when Laca is not on pitch. Buying a winger is not going to fix that.
Sell our dross like Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny etc. and buy good replacements for those positions. Then check if Laca/Auba partnership works. Right now, selling Laca means trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

So it's everyone's fault other than Lacazette that he's doing Giroud number for us?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
When I come back to the Lacazette thread and find my boys @say yes and @RacingPhoton

GargantuanVariableDolphin-size_restricted.gif

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lacazette is not a Bergkamp level player, so stats matter in his position.

PEA for all his missed sitters still managed 30+ goals. If look at the season as a whole, he is the only player that delivered.

Lacazette should be doing better. He is not irreplaceable and shouldnt be guaranteed to start.

FluffyDoozi

To be fair, how many are? Bergkamp was a god walking among men.

Suspect all this Lacazette debate will be pointless in the end. The tier 1 PSG sources say Cavani is going to replace Griezman at Atletico.
Barca and Atletico are the only realistic teams who could move for Laca.

PEA for all his missed sitters still managed 30+ goals. If look at the season as a whole, he is the only player that delivered.

Lacazette should be doing better. He is not irreplaceable and shouldnt be guaranteed to start.
Would you be kind to tell us whom you'd replace with the same budget and would be better than him.

Arsenal1508

Would you be kind to tell us whom you'd replace with the same budget and would be better than him.

I would use the money from Lacazette and invest in the defense.

As far as his repacement....Nketiah and Nelson.

PEA can play the primary lone striker role.

Lacazette scored just 13 goals in the league remember...not exactly irreplaceable.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Lacazette scored just 13 goals in the league remember...not exactly irreplaceable.
And 10 assists... So if we drop the 'strikers only score goals' mentality of a 5 year old who just started playing the sport then we can see he is actually far more useful than what you have suggested...
Nonetheless he needs better numbers.

Arsenal1508

And 10 assists... So if we drop the 'strikers only score goals' mentality of a 5 year old who just started playing the sport then we can see he is actually far more useful than what you have suggested...
Nonetheless he needs better numbers.

Nketiah and Nelson are team players too.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

So what happens if Auba gets injured or suspended? Would you be happy to place such burden on Nketiah, to be the main source of goals and be our focal point of attack. It would probably destroy his progress.

Arsenal1508

So what happens if Auba gets injured or suspended? Would you be happy to place such burden on Nketiah, to be the main source of goals and be our focal point of attack. It would probably destroy his progress.

Yes, why not. Lacazette I do not have confidence that can score 20+ goals in the Premier League, which is why we bought PEA.

Lets face it, the way to go forward is to develop wotld class as we cant afford it.

I do not consider Lacazette world Class.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Yes, why not. Lacazette I do not have confidence that can score 20+ goals in the Premier League, which is why we bought PEA.

Lets face it, the way to go forward is to develop wotld class as we cant afford it.

I do not consider Lacazette world Class.

We all would love to develop a world class talent from our academy, the benefits would be huge. But the chances of that happening are tiny. Treat it as a bonus, not as a viable strategy. Being realistic it would be really foolish to get rid of Laca without replacing him externally.

I can understand if people said he isn't good enough so let's sell him and use the money to find a replacement for him. However to say sell him but we will just cover with youth players is just hoping things turn out how we want it to be, rather than how it realistically will turn out. The chances are the next academy player that breaks through to the first team will more likely turn out to be like Iwobi or AMN. Great potential, very inconsistent and will take years before we will find out what their ceiling is. If we have another Cesc or Jack coming through it is usually very clear early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom