• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

My only thing with Sven is that if the collaboration reports are true, he would absolutely not be the man for the job. It's key to a role of that stature to lead a scouting network and communicate. From just looking at the man, I can believe those reports but then again, never judge a book by its cover.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
My only thing with Sven is that if the collaboration reports are true, he would absolutely not be the man for the job. It's key to a role of that stature to lead a scouting network and communicate. From just looking at the man, I can believe those reports but then again, never judge a book by its cover.

Completely fabricated and made up ****. As Stuttgart's Sporting Director I've got a pretty decent and close impression now and ths tuff about him being not a teamplayer, being weird or not communicative is complete bollocks.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I commented months ago on a picture of Sven. I posted that he looked like the type of guy that would contort his body in an attempt to gobble himself. Everything I've read about him since has reinforced that observation.
I'm in three minds regarding this post and can't react to it. Its so hilarious it hurts. Its so interesting I have the Harry Kane expression causing me to drool while in deep thought. And I'm in awe of your insight and imagination. Its a very difficult state I find myself in but I do not know where I'd be without you.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Reading this stuff about Edu doesn't fill me with confidence for sure. Why don't we go after that guy Milan are looking to hire from Lille? He seems like the sort to build a proper team.

Toby

Heard/read that Edu is pretty safe as he's apparently agreed to join Arsenal. But contrary to him wanting to stay until the Copa America is done, this source says Arsenal didn't/don't want to buy him out of his contract with the Brazilian FA, so the club just waits until after the tournament. As far as I can tell, the evaluation of Edu in that context wasn't very high, either, using a word that describes him as "a nice guy supposed to represent and shake hands without much operative influence" - at least currently.

Also goes on to say that contrary to reports like Edu having basically worked two jobs and given Arsenal targets, this hasn't happened and the club is still lacking direction and staff personnel above the manager, e.g. a Sporting/Technical Director to really get things going.

Goes on to talk about financial problems and I suppose it's that wage cap thing, which has along the lack of clear direction by the leadership hampered recruitment all season long.

Take with a grain of salt, though.

Toby

Cagigao is doing the work Mislintat did as head of recruitment. Sven was not implementing a philosophy, coordinating various levels of operations from the first team to the academy, advising the head coach on football matters, etc. It's the part of the job that requires the new technical director to ensure continuity between all levels of the club in which Sanllehi apparently thought Mislintat fell short.

Kind of hate to bring this up again, but there was big, big talk about Sanllehi, Mislintat and Mertesacker doing exactly that in tandem.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Who’s going to confirm such a thing? Wenger barely played the useless ****, tells you everything.
That says nothing about StatDNA. Cagigao told the club Perez wasn't good enough but they signed him anyway because the window was about to close and they missed out on Vardy.

Toby

That says nothing about StatDNA. Cagigao told the club Perez wasn't good enough but they signed him anyway because the window was about to close and they missed out on Vardy.

Should've gone the loan with option to buy route with him.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If this regime flames out which I fear it might got to start looking at Arsène for DoF.

The man lost his way tactically towards the end but he’s such a name and a great footballing mind he’d give us an identity.

Case in point is that we were actually a serious contender in the Mbappé sweepstakes ffs down solely to him.

Bringing him now is undermining Emery but he needs to be at the club.

Toby

If this regime flames out which I fear it might got to start looking at Arsène for DoF.

The man lost his way tactically towards the end but he’s such a name and a great footballing mind he’d give us an identity.

Case in point is that we were actually a serious contender in the Mbappé sweepstakes ffs down solely to him.

Don't know if he'd be a good fit for a proper executive role a la DoF. He could be, but he's essentially a manager and he seems well off outside of managing by now.

I could imagine him as an official advisor, though. Similar to what Matthias Sammer is doing at Dortmund since he doesn't want to work fulltime anymore since his stroke. Apparently that guy is very, very influential and highly valued by BvB.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't know if he'd be a good fit for a proper executive role a la DoF. He could be, but he's essentially a manager and he seems well off outside of managing by now.

I could imagine him as an official advisor, though. Similar to what Matthias Sammer is doing at Dortmund since he doesn't want to work fulltime anymore since his stroke. Apparently that guy is very, very influential and highly valued by BvB.

Yeah he should be our Cruyff figure, our modern identity as a club stems from him.

OneAW!

Sorry WENGER is still the best tactician in world football.

He was consistently undermined by the boards bad commercial deals and failure to get key transfer targets. Sure against billionaire oil teams, his tactics when implemented by players who were either not good enough or not possessing the right skillset, often came undone, but that's not his fault.

Who cares about undermining Emery? He isn't the right guy for us. We have a cheap escape clause lets take it. The clubs interest should interest should supersede any manager's who will **** of the next minute some bigger club comes waving their chequebook.

Toby

Yeah he should be our Cruyff figure, our modern identity as a club stems from him.

Agree. Ideally you would want someone conceptional and visionary like Rangnick as DoF, who looks after the big picture from top to bottom, a proven squadplanner, scout, analyst and recruiter like Campos or Mislintat as Technical Director, a business man with a passion for football and success as CEO running the club company silently in the background and someone like Wenger who knows the sport, the business, the club as advisor and guidance. Hell of a dream.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsène never liked to work with DOF I doubt he'll want become one. Just need Arsène to buy Arsenal.

Toby

Flamini owner, Arsène president, Sol with Freddie as assistant.

Heard Sol is doing a neat job in the 3rd or 4th division? Kind of Shameful that Lampard goes from nothing to Derby to probably Chelsea, Henry from TV screens to Monaco but Sol has to go way down. On the other hand that exactly might help him to become a proper manager.

Also think Freddie is doing a good job. Youth coach, assistant, youth coach again. Get your experience leading and coaching then aim high. Pep (and Zidane) are the exception - for reasons beyond their ability - Henry crashing and burning going from pundit and assistant to top dog is the reality.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Heard Sol is doing a neat job in the 3rd or 4th division? Kind of Shameful that Lampard goes from nothing to Derby to probably Chelsea, Henry from TV screens to Monaco but Sol has to go way down. On the other hand that exactly might help him to become a proper manager.

Also think Freddie is doing a good job. Youth coach, assistant, youth coach again. Get your experience leading and coaching then aim high. Pep (and Zidane) are the exception - for reasons beyond their ability - Henry crashing and burning going from pundit and assistant to top dog is the reality.

Sol’s an odd guy though, he’s not done himself any favours in his public life after retirement so you can see why clubs have had doubts giving him jobs.

However I’ve followed him a bit post playing and he’s put some graft in, did his badges and got some youth coaching at Arsenal under his belt with a minimum of fanfare. Feel he’s built himself up for a good career.

Also the job he’s done at Macclesfield has been incredible, unreal achievement keeping them in the football league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom