• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
i love Özil but if he needs to go, he needs to go first. Freeing up 350kpw will allow us to be more aggressive in the market early on
The reason I have him down last is two-fold. A) He isn't as easy to move due to the wages and B) We're in desperate need of strengthening elsewhere first. Having lost Ramsey Özil is currently needed until we adequately replace.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If you replace Lacazette with a winger who matches his output this team goes up a level.

We are not idiots, let's not treat our fellow posters like idiots. 99% of people talking about selling Laca/Auba are clearly thinking about making the team better as a unit.

For example Zaha matches Laca's goal contribution if you include the penalties he won. That's before you think of the benefits to the team as a whole as Auba can now play exclusively in the middle, Kola will have even more space to flop his crosses, our creative midfielders will have another outlet and we'll finally have a natural wideman in the squad.

I never objected to the people who have suggested we try to sell Laca and then try to maybe get in someone like Zaha, as you have for example. Or any similar scenarios like that. You can see how that might improve the team. What I don't get is the ones that want to get rid of Laca or Auba no matter what. There was a post in the laca thread that I replied to. The poster wanted to sell him and then invest the money in defence.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I never objected to the people who have suggested we try to sell Laca and then try to maybe get in someone like Zaha, as you have for example. Or any similar scenarios like that. You can see how that might improve the team. What I don't get is the ones that want to get rid of Laca or Auba no matter what. There was a post in the laca thread that I replied to. The poster wanted to sell him and then invest the money in defence.
Fair enough, that’s a bit silly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If you replace Lacazette with a winger who matches his output this team goes up a level.

We are not idiots, let's not treat our fellow posters like idiots. 99% of people talking about selling Laca/Auba are clearly thinking about making the team better as a unit.

For example Zaha matches Laca's goal contribution if you include the penalties he won. That's before you think of the benefits to the team as a whole as Auba can now play exclusively in the middle, Kola will have even more space to flop his crosses, our creative midfielders will have another outlet and we'll finally have a natural wideman in the squad.
The more I think of it the more I warm to the idea of swapping out Laca for Zaha. The only issue it would raise though is that we'd need to find a suitable backup striker. Because then we're left with nothing if Auba is injured / needs a break.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The more I think of it the more I warm to the idea of swapping out Laca for Zaha. The only issue it would raise though is that we'd need to find a suitable backup striker. Because then we're left with nothing if Auba is injured / needs a break.
That’s a tough one. If you have faith in Nketiah then you keep him, get a wideman like Zaha/Martial who aren’t strangers to playing up top and then you tough it out until your striker is fit again.

Problem with Eddie is that back up striker might be too much for him. If it is then we’d probably have to sell/loan him and sign a proper back up striker. Selling a striker to sign a winger and a back up striker is a bit much, I think.

Good thing it’s just a hypothetical anyway, don’t think we’ll sell either.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Problem with Eddie is that back up striker might be too much for him. If it is then we’d probably have to sell/loan him and sign a proper back up striker. Selling a striker to sign a winger and a back up striker is a bit much, I think.

Good thing it’s just a hypothetical anyway, don’t think we’ll sell either.
Quality manager would test him to know on time if it's too much for him or not. Manager that doesn't have that quality will bring in Kolasinac and Elneny for the last 20 minutes and will miss that chance to test players when there is a chance for that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's quite simple - keep Lacazette and keep Aubameyang. Give them a share of Welbeck and Ramseys wage. You do not sell your best players.

If this is a ploy from Auba's team to get a pay rise - fair play.

Ganduzi

In my mind if its a choice between keeping auba or laca i'm keeping the one who won the golden boot(whilst mostly playing on the wing) and selling the guy who got outscored by Calum Wilson.

Real madrid last season had mariano as their backup striker ffs. Auba/Nketiah is good enough for next season considering the holes we have to fill. Next summer if nketiah hasnt kicked on we can look for a new striker. Having two top strikers isnt a luxury we can afford at the moment. Provide auba with some decent width beside him and he will be fine.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are people getting hysterical? With our budget it’s worth a debate at least, if selling one of our strikers to fund players elsewhere is a good idea.

It’s a forum, it’s for discussing such things,
We laugh at crazy suggestions. Everyone does. Wether you rated him before he got here or not, his proven output for us makes him THE least worthy of discussion when it comes to selling players. It’s like posing the question of whether we should all go and dangle our knobs in cup of sulphuric acid.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We need to extract the most money we can somehow. Most of our value is in Laca, Auba and probably for some sick reason Xhaka.

Sell the first and third and use that money to give us a serious winger, a powerhouse CM and a CB who can lead and inspire.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We laugh at crazy suggestions. Everyone does. Wether you rated him before he got here or not, his proven output for us makes him THE least worthy of discussion when it comes to selling players. It’s like posing the question of whether we should all go and dangle our knobs in cup of sulphuric acid.

Think that's a bit simplistic. By that logic Real Madrid shouldn't have sold Ronaldo and rebuilt with this new project.

Every player will leave at some point. Just because he's scored a lot doesn't preclude him from consideration and doesn't mean his sale couldn't be a net benefit to the club longer term.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think that's a bit simplistic. By that logic Real Madrid shouldn't have sold Ronaldo and rebuilt with this new project.

Every player will leave at some point. Just because he's scored a lot doesn't preclude him from consideration and doesn't mean his sale couldn't be a net benefit to the club longer term.
The Real Madrid example isn’t a good one. Ronaldo had been threatening to leave for some time and was acting like a diva. He wanted a new challenge, more than anything. Also, the money being offered was too good to turn down for a player his age.

Our position couldn’t possibly be any more different. Just because selling your most productive player and prized asset could possibly turn out well in the long run, doesnt mean it makes sense considering it. No, I’m sorry, it’s ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom