• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just because selling your most productive player and prized asset could possibly turn out well in the long run, doesnt mean it makes sense considering it. .

Read that back and see how it doesn't really make sense.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Read that back and see how it doesn't really make sense.
When I say 'possibly', I mean selling anyone could turn out well. Doesn't mean you choose to do it for a laugh though, does it? We could have sold peak Henry to Madrid in search of improvement... Would that have made sense? I could empty my bank accounts and stick it all on red at roulette because I could double my wealth--doesn't mean it makes sense, does it?

We've got one very good source of goals. One. What are we going to do with, say, £70m if we sold Auba? :lol:

You got people who already doubt Emery, and they also think it's worth entertaining selling the only outstanding performer for him in his first season? They think he's useless but they'd back him to go and and work wonders with £70m in todays market and in our position?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When I say 'possibly', I mean selling anyone could turn out well. Doesn't mean you choose to do it for a laugh though, does it? We could have sold peak Henry to Madrid in search of improvement... Would that have made sense? I could empty my bank accounts and stick it all on red at roulette because I could double my wealth--doesn't mean it makes sense, does it?

We've got one very good source of goals. One. What are we going to do with, say, £70m if we sold Auba? :lol:

You got people who already doubt Emery, and they also think it's worth entertaining selling the only outstanding performer for him in his first season? They think he's useless but they'd back him to go and and work wonders with £70m in todays market and in our position?

But what you've just done in that post is consider the pros and cons yet you were telling everyone else even thinking it through is 'ridiculous'. That's my point.

Don't shut down conversations. Open them up

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But what you've just done in that post is consider the pros and cons yet you were telling everyone else even thinking it through is 'ridiculous'. That's my point.

Don't shut down conversations. Open them up
I'm not shutting anything down. What I say doesn't matter. I'm saying it's a ridiculous thing to ponder--that's my opinion, and I've said why with examples. Emery wouldn't sell him if he doesn't want to leave anyway, so that's all that matters. I'll leave the discussion of whether we should sell our best player to those that wish to now.

I'm off to the Emery thread to echo the moans of his critics for letting another great source of goals leave, in Aaron Ramsey...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah if we do sell someone it should be Laca not Auba. Auba has that killer instinct that no amount of training can teach.

Funny how we all agree that Laca is the better finisher, technician and 'footballer' yet Auba could probably outscore him with one leg.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah if we do sell someone it should be Laca not Auba. Auba has that killer instinct that no amount of training can teach.

Funny how we all agree that Laca is the better finisher, technician and 'footballer' yet Auba could probably outscore him with one leg.
It's all black and white here. One scores more, sell the other. There are no questions in black and white world where we ask what do we have in 1-2 year when Auba is finished, we don't ask why Auba was struggling big time without Laca and we don't ask who fits the team better.
That was the same logic management was using when giving Özil contract. He has most assists, give him huge contract and it doesn't matter how he fits the team or if he fits the team. They've seen the stats and that's it

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

E6, E11 or E18? All of them wasteman districts, but where, tell me?
Mate I said zone 4. I'm from Ilford sides with the IG postcodes. We tried to become E19 about 15 years ago but Royal Mail weren't having it.:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It's all black and white here. One scores more, sell the other. There are no questions in black and white world where we ask what do we have in 1-2 year when Auba is finished, we don't ask why Auba was struggling big time without Laca and we don't ask who fits the team better.
That was the same logic management was using when giving Özil contract. He has most assists, give him huge contract and it doesn't matter how he fits the team or if he fits the team. They've seen the stats and that's it
That's true. You could argue that if we add a classicwinger then we keep Auba, but if we keep Laca we could do a Liverpool and get two wide forwards instead. That's before you look at age, durability and other intangible factors.

But if I have a second to choose I'm going for the golden boot winner.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mate I said zone 4. I'm from Ilford sides with the IG postcodes. We tried to become E19 about 15 years ago but Royal Mail weren't having it.:lol:
I was in O'Gradys in Ilford on CL final night. Stratford is E20, so **** knows what they're doing with E19. They must be saving it for something. So you're an essex boy then. I knew it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I was in O'Gradys in Ilford on CL final night. Stratford is E20, so **** knows what they're doing with E19. They must be saving it for something. So you're an essex boy then. I knew it.
No way! My secondary school's a 5 minute walk from there and I'm about 15 min drive from O'Gradys. Been there once or twice but not exactly my crowd in there.:lol:

Small world I guess, you're lucky I wasn't in the ends on that day.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Isn't that basically Essex? Ain't that like where Potter Payper is from?

I hate East London anyway, it's either all annoying hipsters, gentrified areas that all feel fake & soulless or just straight up cracked out ghettos. No offence to the Bangladeshi community of course.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Isn't that basically Essex? Ain't that like where Potter Payper is from?

I hate East London anyway, it's either all annoying hipsters, gentrified areas that all feel fake & soulless or just straight up cracked out ghettos. No offence to the Bangladeshi community of course.
Think Potter is from Barking which again is like 10 mins away.

Yeah Shoreditch sides is all gentrified with the hipsters but most of the ghettos are gone now cos of said gentrification.

IG is a weird postcode, IG1-2 are basically as gritty as Stratford/East Ham/Peckham sides only difference is the postcodes. IG3 onwards are nice and suburb-ish but there's a clear difference between IG and Essex, maybe not geographically.

We don't move like them Them Towie man there.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

You sure you don't look like this behind the PC?

uktv_towie_season_7_cast_3.jpg

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
That the one with a Polish (I think) place next to it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think Potter is from Barking which again is like 10 mins away.

Yeah Shoreditch sides is all gentrified with the hipsters but most of the ghettos are gone now cos of said gentrification.

IG is a weird postcode, IG1-2 are basically as gritty as Stratford/East Ham/Peckham sides only difference is the postcodes. IG3 onwards are nice and suburb-ish but there's a clear difference between IG and Essex, maybe not geographically.

I hope you know what IG is an abbreviation of without googling?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

E6, E11 or E18? All of them wasteman districts, but where, tell me?

I lived in Canning Town for a bit next to the underground but 2 min walk up the road and it was a proper dive. East London is a real mixed bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom