• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I do wonder if Emery put more value on his reputation as a serial winner of the Europa Cup, than on finishing in the top four - Wenger had never won a European cup, and had failed to get beyond the semis of the EL, but had finished in the top four many many times, so perhaps Emery thought the Europa Cup would bring him more personal glory
I don't even...

Reactions: A_G

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You seen his results in the last 2 months of the season? An absolute disgrace, couple that with the final and most managers at a top club get sacked.

His results were shocking, you can’t defend it.
The last month or so of the season still leaves a very bitter taste. It was all so unforgivable.

Don't get this summer right and start the season much more convincingly, then it's going to get final-Wenger-season ugly.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The last month or so of the season still leaves a very bitter taste. It was all so unforgivable.

Don't get this summer right and start the season much more convincingly, then it's going to get final-Wenger-season ugly.

So Wenger gets about 7-8 years grace before things getting ugly however fans are only prepared to give Emery about 15-16 months in charge before they start?

Sounds abit ridiculous.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So Wenger gets about 7-8 years grace before things getting ugly however fans are only prepared to give Emery about 15-16 months in charge before they start?

Sounds abit ridiculous.
7-8 years grace? Only because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. Wenger was phenomenal a couple of seasons aside, even then he won an FA Cup before he left.

Football has changed anyway, after Ferguson and Wenger the days of managers getting time have gone. Klopp aside, every manager is under huge threat very quickly. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I don't think Wenger should have stayed as long as he did, he became stale and 'unmodern' a long time ago.
Emery fudged up last months of the season, but deserves more time. Would have been very harsh to have sacked him this season

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

Sounds abit ridiculous.

The difference is that Emery hasn’t done enough to deserve time. The team hasn’t been playing great, we failed to finish in the top 4 after the easiest run-in of all time, and we played like convicted nonces in the Europa League final.

Emery should get his second season, but I’m expecting a flying start.

ClubLevel

I think modern day footballers have changed too, I honestly think that because many earn big money (or more money compared to say 20 years ago) that its harder for players to be motivated so there is little point having the same manager for too long (unless they are special cases like maybe Pep/Klopp).

We've seen with Chelsea how they have been relatively successful (winning trophies anyway) that changing managers ever other year can work. I think that's how football is these days, players have different mentalities and you need coaches with the same or plenty of change.

7-8 years grace? Only because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. Wenger was phenomenal a couple of seasons aside, even then he won an FA Cup before he left.

Football has changed anyway, after Ferguson and Wenger the days of managers getting time have gone. Klopp aside, every manager is under huge threat very quickly. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is.

The whole decade period after we moved to Emirates was probably the hardest work Wenger ever did at Arsenal and he kept us competitive.

We really need to start appreciate more the work done after we moved to Emirates.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You see the players we are linked with. Emery needs players who have weaker character than him. Since PSG you can see he can't handle top players with bigger character than him!

The reason he will probably be gone as early as January 2020.

How do you know that the players we are linked with have weak mentality? Neymar being one of the biggest douches in world football makes him have a big mentality?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You see the players we are linked with. Emery needs players who have weaker character than him. Since PSG you can see he can't handle top players with bigger character than him!

The reason he will probably be gone as early as January 2020.
That’s why he wants Meunier, apparently he was the only player who accepted his mediocrity! That’s why Emery’s favourite Arsenal player is Kolasinac.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The whole decade period after we moved to Emirates was probably the hardest work Wenger ever did at Arsenal and he kept us competitive.

We really need to start appreciate more the work done after we moved to Emirates.
2006-13 is his best work. Better than the titles, invincible season etc.

You can say we have undone all that work now though. The club hasn’t built or kicked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom