• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Emery inherited a defensive system that hasn't worked for a decade because they haven't been drilled in the art of defending. Will take time to fix. Ofc he haven't done perfectly, but i'd still say the season is okay all in all. Lot of chokers in the prem this year

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You seen his results in the last 2 months of the season? An absolute disgrace, couple that with the final and most managers at a top club get sacked.

His results were shocking, you can’t defend it.
I’m not defending the results, that’s not what the post I replied to was talking about. It was a whole another world of randomness

MustOezil

7-8 years grace? Only because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. Wenger was phenomenal a couple of seasons aside, even then he won an FA Cup before he left.

Football has changed anyway, after Ferguson and Wenger the days of managers getting time have gone. Klopp aside, every manager is under huge threat very quickly. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is.

Wenger:
- 3 EPL titles, including 1 unbeaten,
- 7 FA cups,
- 20+ years of champions league
- overperformed when budget was low

maybe his last few years were subpar, but he deserved those "grace" years.

Emery can polish his shoes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger:
- 7 FA cups,

Phenomenal manager.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would you like to compare start of Wenger and start of Emery? I didn't always like what Wenger was doing, but he earned those last couple of years when he was underperforming.

Why just the start? To fit your narrative?

When Wenger took over he had one of the best most regimented defence in the league. He has a mix of hard work and skill. Players like Bergkamp and Wright at his disposal. He had strong leaders who would have died for Arsenal. Does Emery have that?

Wenger should have gone 5 years ago. His old methods were useless and we needed a new injection of something different when the big teams had the money.

We need a Klopp or a Guardiola. A strong pull and influence. As each year passed Wenger and Arsenal became less desirable.

In 22 years Wenger won 3 league titles. Let's take that into abit of context. He didn't dominate the league like United did and the minute it became more than a 2 horse race we folded.

Wenger was a genius and had a strong influence in his first 10 years. However after that we became stale and while we didn't move too far backwards we didn't move forwards.

The problem was we got rid of him at the wrong time. 3 or 4 years earlier and we may be looking at a better Arsenal.

UpTheGunnerz

Unai Emery:
Three european cups
One ligue 1 title
2 coupe de france
2 coupe de la ligue
2 trophee des champions

Some mighty fine stats

UpTheGunnerz

Why just the start? To fit your narrative? Wenger should have gone 5 years ago. His old methods were useless and we needed a new injection of something different when the big teams had the money.

We need a Klopp or a Guardiola. A strong pull and influence. As each year passed Wenger and Arsenal became less desirable.

In 22 years Wenger won 3 league titles. Let's take that into abit of context. He didn't dominate the league like United did and the minute it became more than a 2 horse race we folded.

Wenger was a genius and had a strong influence in his first 10 years. However after that we became stale and while we didn't move too far backwards we didn't move forwards.

The problem was we got rid of him at the wrong time. 3 or 4 years earlier and we may be looking at a better Arsenal.

Wenger lost me completely in the summer of 2015, when we only brought in a goalkeeper. What could have been...

UpTheGunnerz

Neymar, Ben Arfa, Özil.. all examples of players with some sort of character that Emery is not able to handle.

Now think of guys like Klopp, Mourinho, SAF, and how they would whip those guys in line.

Klopp, Mou and SAF would probably have sold Özil quite some time ago

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wenger:
- 7 FA cups,

Emery has 3 Europa league titles with a smaller team than Arsenal.

He won the treble with PSG. Say what you like about the quality of the league but you can only beat what's in front of you. Also Emery is 20+ years younger than Wenger.

It's like judging a retired champion race horses career with one just starting out.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Neymar, Ben Arfa, Özil.. all examples of players with some sort of character that Emery is not able to handle.

Now think of guys like Klopp, Mourinho, SAF, and how they would whip those guys in line.

Sir Alex couldn't whip some players into shape so he sold them. Incident with Beckham, Van Nistlerooy, Keane. All had run ins with Ferguson and what did he do. When it become impossible for him he sold them.

Also you have to remember that those challenging players were in a United team that dominated. It's easy for a manager to take the stance when he is the most powerful person at the club.

Again football has changed. Guardiola and Klopp have that ability. For sure if Klopp went to the Liverpool board tomorrow and said. Salah is causing me so many problems. He's late he's confrontational. He is trying to take over team meetings based on what Klopp has done to date they would support him.

Guardiola the same if tomorrow he said I need to sell KDB to maintain team harmony they would support him.

There's very few managers who have that authority and it's usually the managers who are winning.

You used Mourinho as an example. His players downed tools at United and also Chelsea. What happened? He was sacked. He didn't outlast the trouble some players.

Ben Arfa has had many managers and has massively underachieved in his career. Özil is another player who doesn't seem to be able to shake himself and many coaches would struggle with him. Neymar is a celebrity footballer and a marketing god. Similar to pogba.

Last edited:

Peterq

Wenger:
- 7 FA cups,

Ok Wenger wins let's hire him, oh wait... o_O

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What happened to Emery's assistant? Don't even know his name, apparently some tough f*cker, yet turned out to be the biggest let down.
All these geezers don’t understand that the Barclays is a different breed. They arrive with a confidence and soon realise they have no power here.

Brexit means Brexit.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What happened to Emery's assistant? Don't even know his name, apparently some tough f*cker, yet turned out to be the biggest let down.

What's he meant to go beat the head of Mustfai when he messes up? Get real.

If you listen to all the players and former players they have all said in training it's a lot more intense than under Wenger.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Emery is launching an inquest to the players & staff as to why we ended the season in terrible form, I won't begin to mention how disappointed I was in the last 5 games when we were in 4th place, blew that opportunity then put in that abysmal performance in the final to Chelsea, maybe he should also look at himself & his ideas. His tactics & team selections obviously didn't work in the last 5 PL games, he rested so many main players & almost did so many different formations & selections in those PL games. I think he should have focused more on the PL games, we probably had a better chance that way at that stage.

Preacher

Always Crying
All these geezers don’t understand that the Barclays is a different breed. They arrive with a confidence and soon realise they have no power here.

Brexit means Brexit.
Carcedo probably knows that Mustafi is the lost cause, but after the game against CP, he let Mustafi know what he did wrong. I remember someone on AFTV cried about it and named it toxic environment and cited Mourinho:lol:

@Furious favourite player also was yelled at:
When the final whistle sounded Arsenal coach Juan Carlos Carcedo stormed onto the field of play and confronted Torreira over his mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom