• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

OneAW!

Would be sick to see what Wenger could do after one year break! Maybe that was all he needed.

Come back now and give us 2-3 more years!

He didn't need anything. He was excellent in his last season. When you consider that the board ****ed up resigning Alexis and Özil, leaving the squad in limbo for almost two whole seasons by failing to resign them earlier when it would have been cheaper, the work he and Sanllehi/Mislintat put into reshaping the squad, and what he got out of them for the six months he had them together, its really quite impressive. Almost invincibles level of play, also we only narrowly lost in the UEFA to an Atletico who have finished the last two seasons as runner-up in La Liga.

Granted there were some poor results in the league but I believe that was partly because he was taking the liberty to experiment since we were already out of CL contention.

EDIT: I really believe we would have pushed on had the board not panicked and Gaz took advantage of the fans discontent to sack him. I believe that Wenger had won the power struggle with Gaz the season before, hence the arrival of Sanllehi, and the change in how we handled our business. Not capitulating in the Sanchez deal, etc. Prior to that season we would have caved in and sold him at a cut price like Cesc and RvP, etc. This was the first season where we actually held onto our balls and got what we wanted. Sell High buy high. Previous to that it was always sell low buy low.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil, Wenger and Alexis were the most important people during our recent FA Cup runs. Wenger because he managed to sign Mesut Özil and for successfully using his strengths which led to our first trophy. Ramsey didn't win it before his arrival, Cesc couldn't, van Persie couldn't. After that success, it meant we could sign Alexis Sanchez who helped Özil win the other two. Others helped in moments but when I think of the most important people, it's those three and it's no surprise that we can't win anymore without 2 of those 3.
When are you ever going to accept that it was Wenger that got himself the boot? Are you totally incapable of ever accepting facts, and you talk about me and my narratives?
I guess I'd just rather be where we are now with those three trophies in hand than have the CL run be unbroken and still not have a trophy since 2005.
This. Except Wenger never fell out of those spots, he was driven out after 20 years by a fan base bored with top 4 and a few FACups. It was nye on impossible for either the team or Wenger to compete under the pressure of boycotts, protests, planes and social media rants against them. Anybody who knows anything about football is aware that the top 4 is an extremely difficult place to reside. To perform with that weight against you is an expectation too far.

Just goes on to show how important timing is. If he walked away after the first FA cup victory, no one could have said a word. The team would still have crashed and burned but instead of Wenger, someone else would have been blamed.

I really think he didn't want that last renewal, but Özil, Alexis and even the board must have forced him to continue.

say yes

forum master baiter
Must be gutting for the big man that no top club has offered him a managerial job yet.

Spent a year chatting about how he still wants to manage at the top level and the best offer he’s got is from Japan. Sad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Must be gutting for the big man that no top club has offered him a managerial job yet.

Spent a year chatting about how he still wants to manage at the top level and the best offer he’s got is from Japan. Sad.
it's seems he rejecting everything yesterday Lyon offered him a job to be with the board he rejected.

say yes

forum master baiter
it's seems he rejecting everything yesterday Lyon offered him a job to be with the board he rejected.

Quality of offers he’s getting must be quite eye-opening for him. Suppose that’s what happens when you lose a league title to Leicester.

Hopefully he realises he’s finished at the top level soon and gives up this pretension of managing a serious club again. Can’t stand my man getting hurt like this.

Would also open up the path for him to return here in an upstairs-role at some point.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Quality of offers he’s getting must be quite eye-opening for him. Suppose that’s what happens when you lose a league title to Leicester.

Hopefully he realises he’s finished at the top level soon and gives up this pretension of managing a serious club again. Can’t stand my man getting hurt like this.

Would also open up the path for him to return here in an upstairs-role at some point.
Arsène i feel will never work as DOF he don't like this job he like to b manager.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom