• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The Utd philosophy under Ferguson was clear, 442 or a variation of it, direct pacy wingers, move the ball quick, stretch play, fullbacks like Neville, Irwin, Evra getting forward etc. One of the most clear philosophies in PL history.

Tried to change it with a signing like Veron but didn’t work out.

Chelsea change managers so often that there is no one philosophy. Lampard will change that if he gets the job and time.

It wasn't just about tactics for Ferguson but his man management was incredible. He could take almost what ever player out there and that player would go to war for him. You had average players always giving minimum job(6/10) required in every position.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Some inside stuff from transfermarkt, so take it how ever you want to:

Apparently Emery has been very negative in his contact with and evaluation of the team when addressing the players, for which he's earned club internal criticism from early on.

The club had apparently brought in external people to mentally coach/speak with the team to help instill a new positive/dominant identity during pre season which supposedly is/was completely at odds with Emery's underdog mentality.

The idea in pre season was, amongst other things, to instill an atmosphere of power and positivity - basically going full throttle - when coming onto the Emirates pitch, transport that onto the audience as to create/provoke an emotional response - to which Emery agreed when he arrived, but then undermined this by demanding a calm, slow and risk averse approach at home.
Interesting. It sounds like we wanted a Simeone approach and got something that put the players even further in their shells. As one player said, Wenger looked for "playful solutions" whilst Emery is "more defensive". Our players are better on the front foot even if they crash and burn. They're useless in every way atm.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Interesting. It sounds like we wanted a Simeone approach and got something that put the players even further in their shells. As one player said, Wenger looked for "playful solutions" whilst Emery is "more defensive". Our players are better on the front foot even if they crash and burn. They're useless in every way atm.

If, and there's the usual rather big if around inside info, it's worrying info. At least it reinforces that Emery fluked his interview to get the job, at worst it points to a little rift between squad and manager. And that, I can tell you from Stuttgart experience this season, is the sign something is off.

It's impossible to verify any of this, all you can do is make assumptions. Emery does often set up in a cautious way - away and at home - and it's clear he's trying to emulate the sort of underdog mentality he probably used at Sevilla, Valencia, etc. Emery often looked like he wasn't really satisfied with players - sometimes absolutely rightfully so. The player on the other hand, especially towards the end of the season, as a team, looked kind of unsure und uncomfortable playing.

Going by some stuff you could obviously see, I do think there's some truth to it, but wouldn't want to assume any specifics or details and wouldn't say it's in any way close to a rift already - but it makes me think there might be more movement in this summer's market than expected.

The highly worrying stuff is though, that going by the Technical Director info, there's issues with the manager and there's issues with the whole executive/leadership structure. Especially under light of the latter, even if you'd prefer getting rid of Emery rather sooner than later due to various reasons, it might actually prove harmful to change managers, if the club leadership is in fact in such disarray.

It's really a shame that the club leadership (Kroenke, Board, Gazidis) ****ed up the structure that was in place at the beginning of the season and it's basically reset the whole lot of work done. But if things don't go completely sour, it seems to be more sensible to keep Emery and hope Board and Sanllehi can figure the structure out before opening another construction site with the manager post.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If, and there's the usual rather big if around inside info, it's worrying info. At least it reinforces that Emery fluked his interview to get the job, at worst it points to a little rift between squad and manager. And that, I can tell you from Stuttgart experience this season, is the sign something is off.

It's impossible to verify any of this, all you can do is make assumptions. Emery does often set up in a cautious way - away and at home - and it's clear he's trying to emulate the sort of underdog mentality he probably used at Sevilla, Valencia, etc. Emery often looked like he wasn't really satisfied with players - sometimes absolutely rightfully so. The player on the other hand, especially towards the end of the season, as a team, looked kind of unsure und uncomfortable playing.

Going by some stuff you could obviously see, I do think there's some truth to it, but wouldn't want to assume any specifics or details and wouldn't say it's in any way close to a rift already - but it makes me think there might be more movement in this summer's market than expected.

The highly worrying stuff is though, that going by the Technical Director info, there's issues with the manager and there's issues with the whole executive/leadership structure. Especially under light of the latter, even if you'd prefer getting rid of Emery rather sooner than later due to various reasons, it might actually prove harmful to change managers, if the club leadership is in fact in such a disarray.
I think I said in other posts, that Emery lied to get the job and my opinion hasn't changed and this underdog mentality is something he should have banished at PSG. It doesn't fit well,even with our worst players. I don't mind if all/most of the people Gazidis hired go unless they're top notch. His statDNA signings are hardly awe inspiring. It strikes me that Emery is fighting his corner in a passive, aggressive way pointing the finger of blame at everyone one else. If he gets his wish, he'll have the team that he wants. Success or failure will then be down to him. He's not a manager I like sadly.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The **** is all this about Emery I'm reading on here?

So he's at odds with the club now?

He's not, at least not verifiably. Even then I wouldn't call it at odds.

I posted a tidbit of insider stuff from transfermarkt, which says the club isn't too satisfied with his timid underdog approach as the route agreed on at the start of the season was a more positive and confident one re: mentality and tactical approach, especially, or mostly, at home. That's it.

In relation to the other tidbit on Edu, the insider even called Emery one of Arsenal's smaller problems in light of their shambolic directionless executive structure.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He's not, at least not verifiably. Even then I wouldn't call it at odds.

I posted a tidbit of insider stuff from transfermarkt, which says the club isn't too satisfied with his timid underdog approach as the route agreed on at the start of the season was a more positive and confident one re: mentality and tactical approach, especially, or mostly, at home. That's it.

In relation to the other tidbit on Edu, the insider even called Emery one of Arsenal's smaller problems in light of their shambolic directionless executive structure.
Can't disagree with any of that then, cheers.

OneAW!

We need to bring back Wenger. When the team struggled after the emirates move and the Kroenke takeover, we were told it was all Wenger's fault. He needs less power. So we gave him less power. And the team got worse, and our success relative to our position worsened. Its all Wenger's fault we were told, "we need to sack him, something needs to change." So we sacked him, and now we are even worse off.

Time for people to realise it was never Wenger's fault and he's probably the best manager in the world.

OneAW!

He's looking worse ever since he retired. He needs top level football it keeps him going.

Loving your second account, @Makingtrax. Elite posting.

This is my second account, but I am not makingtrax, I was previously banned without any reason being given for pointing out that imo there were a lot of dummy accounts of paid hacks who were here only to maintain certain narratives in favour of certain individuals and against certain individuals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not to mention we're up against City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham etc and most teams with players who could get into the Arsenal squad with no problem.

These guys are acting like Wenger’s Arsenal wouldn’t decline anytime another team got good. It’s like we had a baseline we could never pass.

Arsène struggled to compete once the other teams got good coaches and built good teams. He was getting top four consistently when Liverpool & Sp**s were ****

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
These guys are acting like Wenger’s Arsenal would decline anytime another team got good. It’s like we had a baseline we could never pass.

Arsène struggled to compete once the other teams got good coaches and built good teams. He was getting top four consistently when Liverpool & Sp**s were ****
Yes, pretty much. Better managers in Pep, Mourinho, Poch and Klopp arrived and we immediately dropped out of the top 4. We began spending more but still got worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom