• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

More chance of Gazidis returning and making Wenger DoF than him being able to afford or sign Torreira for AC Milan.

You get this **** every window with these former giants of Italian football linking themselves with players they’ll never be able to get. It’s like what Sp**s used to do.
Thinking about it, we should tax Milan extra for the mess Gazidis has left us in.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Kessie was awful in the both matches against us the other season. As was Suso. However in other Milan matches I've seen at least Suso has played well in some, can't say the same for Kessie.

Even for both Suso and Kessie for Torreira (who even if hes cant adapt to English life) we would be getting stitched up in the deal. There's not many DCMs in the world the level of Torreira.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Makes sense as Xhaka & Lucas is a bad partnership lacking in too many areas... I hoped we would move on Xhaka but if Lucas so be it.

Important we upgrade though! Maybe that is putting the 35m towards a monster bid for a player like Ndidi or bringing back Bennacer for peanuts then investing in the third midfielder.

Lucas seems a nice guy but really any need for such a small DM with questionable positioning & average pace? More well rounded players out there.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd definitely sell Xhaka before Torreira. It was depressing to see his performance slump over the course of the season, but I believe there is quite a complete midfielder in there.

Wouldn't even consider a fee anywhere below €50m. Such a fee would allow the purchasing of an adequate replacement and free up money to invest elsewhere.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Suso is the only interesting player in AC Milan, and he was the only reason Milan has some hopes to get the UCL qualification this year (which eventually failed to obtain). Suso + 20m and I will sell Toreira ...

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Makes sense as Xhaka & Lucas is a bad partnership lacking in too many areas... I hoped we would move on Xhaka but if Lucas so be it.

Important we upgrade though! Maybe that is putting the 35m towards a monster bid for a player like Ndidi or bringing back Bennacer for peanuts then investing in the third midfielder.

Kessie and Xhaka would be a hell of a lot worse of a partneship, no protection for the defence.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Kessie and Xhaka would be a hell of a lot worse of a partneship, no protection for the defence.
If Kessie swap has to be a third midfielder for sure with defensive attributes.

Sounds like we have to make the Bennacer clause decision imminently.

Preacher

Always Crying
Torreira:
"I've grown a lot at Arsenal, it's a very important team, that always fights for important things. I played 50 matches, almost double the previous year. I learned many things, especially how to handle matches & live different moments within the team itself."

It was learning year for him. I'm sure, that he will be better in the 2nd season. Many young players struggle in the EPL in their debut seasons. Nevertheless he showed plenty of class in the first half of the season.

Stupid rumour.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Torreira:
"I've grown a lot at Arsenal, it's a very important team, that always fights for important things. I played 50 matches, almost double the previous year. I learned many things, especially how to handle matches & live different moments within the team itself."

It was learning year for him. I'm sure, that he will be better in the 2nd season. Many young players struggle in the EPL in their debut seasons. Nevertheless he showed plenty of class in the first half of the season.

Stupid rumour.
People are so quick to judge a guy who had to adjust to doubling his amount of games, travelling all over Europe playing in a new team in the most intensive league without a break next to Granit fckng Xhaka. The audacity to consider selling him for dropping off a bit over the course of the season. Behave.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The Copa America starts tonight. Going to be even more knackered next season great time to sell.

The back to back tournaments even broke Mr energizer bunny Alexis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom