• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

If there's an option in our favour to cancel the loan at any time if it's not working out at minimal financial cost, I'm happy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's get this done if he's open to the move. 5m loan fee and option to buy for a decent fee. Umtiti and Salibah and I'm excited - very excited. Defence sorted short and long term.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don’t want Umtiti. I think he’d get found out in the PL. People are only rating him as he plays for Barcelona and he has a high rating on Fifa or Football Manager (whatever they play).

I’d take Lewis Dunk over him everyday of the week. He’s a leader, PL proven plus he’s a better defender.

Since I've not only never played FIFA or Football Manager, but have never even seen anybody play them, I'm not sure what to even say about this. Lewis Dunk is a ball blocker, has good height and not much else (he would be a horrible fit for Arsenal if they want to play the ball out of the back). Umtiti is a complete player, a starter on France's World Cup winning team and in 2018 was named to the FIFA FIFPro World XI 2nd team. Those of us who actually watch Barcelona play fairly regularly know what a talent he is.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Since I've not only never played FIFA or Football Manager, but have never even seen anybody play them, I'm not sure what to even say about this. Lewis Dunk is a ball blocker, has good height and not much else (he would be a horrible fit for Arsenal if they want to play the ball out of the back). Umtiti is a complete player, a starter on France's World Cup winning team and in 2018 was named to the FIFA FIFPro World XI 2nd team. Those of us who actually watch Barcelona play fairly regularly know what a talent he is.

You made this assumption based on what? I’ve followed Barcelona many times this season and Umtiti has been missing many times I’ve tuned in due to being injury prone. The stats show, he only started 13 games in the La Liga last season. That shouldn’t be the defender we should be after.

We lack leadership in our squad and Lewis Dunk fits that profile personally. Just because he plays for Brighton, it doesn’t mean we should turn our noses at him. Players like Maguire, Robertson, VVD, Mane all made that step up when other didn’t thing they were a perfect fit or they wouldn’t make that step up. I remember many on here laughing at LVG when he was interested in Mane and Maguire before he moved to Leicester. My point is why look elsewhere when the PL has all the talent available.

My main priority for a defender is to know the basic of how to defend firstly, passing etc can come afterwards. At the back, our CBs are failing to do the very basic things and Mustafi is the perfect example. Also, all this passing stuff is a little overrated at the back. Sokratis isn’t that great at passing but he’s a decent defender.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You made this assumption based on what? I’ve followed Barcelona many times this season and Umtiti has been missing many times I’ve tuned in due to being injury prone. The stats show, he only started 13 games in the La Liga last season. That shouldn’t be the defender we should be after.

We lack leadership in our squad and Lewis Dunk fits that profile personally. Just because he plays for Brighton, it doesn’t mean we should turn our noses at him. Players like Maguire, Robertson, VVD, Mane all made that step up when other didn’t thing they were a perfect fit or they wouldn’t make that step up. I remember many on here laughing at LVG when he was interested in Mane and Maguire before he moved to Leicester. My point is why look elsewhere when the PL has all the talent available.

My main priority for a defender is to know the basic of how to defend firstly, passing etc can come afterwards. At the back, our CBs are failing to do the very basic things and Mustafi is the perfect example. Also, all this passing stuff is a little overrated at the back. Sokratis isn’t that great at passing but he’s a decent defender.

I like Dunk but Umtiti is at least 2 level above him and if available you try to buy him 10/10 over Dunk - simple.

It's like turning down the chance to buy Bale and instead option for Fraser. Yes, there are injury concerns, but one is elite and the other is a good Premier League level player.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I like Dunk but Umtiti is at least 2 level above him and if available you try to buy him 10/10 over Dunk - simple.

It's like turning down the chance to buy Bale and instead option for Fraser. Yes, there are injury concerns, but one is a golfer and the other is a good Premier League level player.

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's like turning down the chance to buy Bale and instead option for Fraser. Yes, there are injury concerns, but one is elite and the other is a good Premier League level player.

Personally, I don’t think Umtiti is elite. He’s a good player but not elite. If he was elite then Barcelona wouldn’t want to flog him regardless of his injury concerns.

My preference is about fit and what we require in our squad. Dunk might not be the most exciting name but I’d rather we get a consistent player who gives us a 7/10 every game, is fit and leads by example rather than a player who gives us a 9/10 then is injured for the next 10 games.

Ox was exactly like that and I was a massive fan of him but we done well to get 35-40m.

Judasviking

Seriously stop with this world cup thing.
Do i really need to say Mustafi and world cup again? It means nothing.

Umtiti is overated, last time i saw him play was against Celta Vigo, he had no chance against Aspas and Gomez.

Plus hes injuiry.

It is alot of better alternative out there, wake up.

Highgate

Umtiti is one of the best defenders I've seen for a long time, probably top 5 defenders in the last 6 0r 7 years.

But he's had a horrible season because of injuries, he looked rusty every time he came back and then got another injury.

Signing him would be a gamble from that perspective which is why Barca wants to sell, but a fit umtiti would be our best defender since sol Campbell.

We've gambled on players with questionable fitness before, overmars, kanu, van persie, are good examples. While diaby and wilshere never made it.

For me it depends on the other defenders we plan to have in our squad, we need to be covered if it doesn't work out

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Seriously stop with this world cup thing.
Do i really need to say Mustafi and world cup again? It means nothing.

Umtiti is overated, last time i saw him play was against Celta Vigo, he had no chance against Aspas and Gomez.

Plus hes injuiry.

It is alot of better alternative out there, wake up.

He was terrible in that game against Santi Cazorla's Villarreal. The only time I seen him play this season and wasn't impressed.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom