• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harz

Emery should do as he wants. He can transfer list the player if he wants, and should the player not leave, he can opt to use, bench, or demote him as he wants.

If we fail to provide that for a manager we can't be successful.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery should do as he wants. He can transfer list the player if he wants, and should the player not leave, he can opt to use, bench, or demote him as he wants.

If we fail to provide that for a manager we can't be successful.
I agree, but Emery doesn't have enough backbone to do it.

He already tried and failed.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery already does what he wants, he has backing from Dumb and Dumber (and I suspect influence as well).

Özil will start the season on the bench/not on the squad but will return triumphantly and heroically to save our season (again) when results suck without him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil will start the season on the bench/not on the squad but will return triumphantly and heroically to save our season (again) when results suck without him.

Which of his 2 assists saved our season, the first or second? Or was it his constant tweeting of the phrase #YaGunnersYa that did the trick?

He got a nice little run of games in at the end of the season didn’t he?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Which of his 2 assists saved our season, the first or second? Or was it his constant tweeting of the phrase #YaGunnersYa that did the trick?

He got a nice little run of games in at the end of the season didn’t he?
His performances in the 2nd half of the season almost got us into the CL and almost won us a European trophy. It‘s because of our defence that we missed out.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

His performances in the 2nd half of the season almost got us into the CL and almost won us a European trophy. It‘s because of our defence that we missed out.

I know you don’t actually believe the words you have just posted and only a simpleton would debate this matter with you. Plus, I need to mow the lawn as it has finally stopped raining!!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

If he had a good first half as well he may have ALMOST earned his salary!

Harz

I agree, but Emery doesn't have enough backbone to do it.

He already tried and failed.
First seasons are always hard for coaches. If he can't do it next season as well, then we can talk about his backbone and what not.

I hope he hands in his resignation if he faces interference.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

First official Özil “injury” (TM) to be announced by the club this season?

Knee 11-2
Back 3-1
General unspecified illness 9/2​

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
they want to get rid of him so badly that they stopped playing the #10 position itself ..

the club needs to get a grip.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
they want to get rid of him so badly that they stopped playing the #10 position itself ..

the club needs to get a grip.
it's not so much the man as his wages they want to get rid off, so they need to find a way to persuade him either to leave or to take a pay cut

has any prominent player ever done it?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That is because Özil is a much more integral player (or was at the time). He could have apologized, and he still would have been plastered all over the papers.

Everything would have been pretty much the same, except he would have been even more criticized for any more pictures with Erdogan.

I don't agree that this would have necessarily been the case. Think you underestimate Gündoğan's standing somewhat plus overestimate Özil's at the time of the 2014 WC. This is not saying that they were / are of equal stature, but Gündoğan was and is quite a well established and well thought of national team player although he has been hampered by injuries.

Think much of the grief Özil got was of his own making and how he dealt with the press, his team mates etc. In my view he seems to be remarkably thin skinned and without much insight how he comes across both on and off the pitch.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Immigrants often have romantic ideas about the old country and his mother may have chipped away about his rich Turkish heritage. So he grows up, marries Miss Turkey, befriends the president and makes mamma proud.

There’s not much more to this, he’s a simple lad getting into political stuff over his head is all.
You probably nailed it here in your analysis. Doubt the truth is far away from what you outline.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You probably nailed it here in your analysis. Doubt the truth is far away from what you outline.
Don't believe the Trax lad.

He's actually saying that Özil, with all his Turkish family, mates and wife, is somehow completely unaware of all the fvckery Erdogan has done, and continues to do. How would that be possible?

:rofl:

Harz

now I get why Özil has been so keen to flaunt his Turkish heritage just lately

Lol let me introduce some context to this joke.

Coskun Gogen is a legendary Turkish actor, famous for his character "Tecavüzcü Coskun", which literally translates to "Coskun the Rapist".

The "source" (Gotunun ic lastigi) roughly translates to "The inner rubber of his ass". I guess a lot is lost in translation.

It's a bad joke, but made me chuckle since it's so out of context here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom