• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Got to think this means the kids are getting a chance next season. Willock, Nelson, ESR, Saka, Amaechi, Nketiah - all could be in the plans. Saves a f*ckload of money on transfers and wages, so I wouldn't be surprised if the club wants this.
Would actually be a decent project if they do it right. I'm all for blooding the youth if there is a real plan behind it with goals set in place.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is a very good move for us IMO.

Ljungberg has shown an intelligence and aptitude for tactics and coaching that I didn't see coming. Have seen his U23 team in the flesh and on the lappy quite a few times this season and while he had a decent pool of talent at points, the work he did with several individuals as well as the collective was noticeable and impressive.

There was a structure to the build up but it was heavily predicated on movement and positioning as well as technique. Something sorely lacking in the first team currently. He used the pacy players very well, and increased their use of that pace by improving their movement off the ball - Saka and Amaechi most notably. A number of players had an easier time of passing because of the way moves were structured - Sheaf, Gilmour, Willock, Olayinka and others enjoyed strong seasons due to this. If there was a criticism I had, it was that the defense took an awful long time to get used to his tactics and conceded a lot during the middle part of the season, but once they did, we looked a lot more solid - particularly Danny Ballard, a centre-back who's making a case for himself as our most underrated prospect.

I also think it might be a good move giving Bould the U23 role. Let's not forget that the 2009 Youth Cup+U18PL winning team was managed by Bould. It may just be the best use of his coaching.

Ljungberg promotion could see a small handful of players being given opportunities. Willock, Saka and Amaechi are just some that experienced a steep improvement under Ljungberg's tutelage. Could see more.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What does Bould even do! He's been with us for about the same length of time as our defence has been sh1t. There must be a connection!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Didn't he take over team that had lost many of their best players? Will be interesting to see what Vieira does next season. If he keeps developing he is my favorite choice as I would love to see him write another Arsenal chapter! :)

They lost Balotelli, Seri and Alassane Plea, doing nothing to replace them.

What Vieira did was form a solid defensive team. They were Arsenalesque the previous season, giving up 52 goals. This season they matched PSG's total with 35 goals allowed (only Lille gave up less).

I'd love to see him manage Arsenal someday myself.

Jae

Looks like we'll definitely be promoting some youth players this year then! About time!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would
They lost Balotelli, Seri and Alassane Plea, doing nothing to replace them.

What Vieira did was form a solid defensive team. They were Arsenalesque the previous season, giving up 52 goals. This season they matched PSG's total with 35 goals allowed (only Lille gave up less).

I'd love to see him manage Arsenal someday myself.
Vierra no 1, Arteta and iPad his assistant . . . dream team.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Nice to see Fredde getting rewarded for his good work woth the academy.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is fantastic news, I hope this was done to best make use of our academy, Ljunberg can hopefully fast track some players into the first team. Might stop Amaechi from leaving maybe ? Let’s see

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's official

https://www.arsenal.com/news/developing-our-young-players-key-appointments

Freddie Ljungberg, who currently leads our under-23s, will become assistant first-team coach. We are delighted with the impact Freddie has made in helping to develop our young players into the first team and he fully deserves this promotion. Alongside his new coaching responsibilities, Freddie will have a strong focus on the young players who are moving into the first team group.

Top Bottom