• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Against the better teams his deficiency’s are plain to see. The guy can’t dribble, is scared to turn with the ball when facing his own goal and is horribly predictable due to how one footed he is. Any sniff of pressure and it’s a sideways or backwards pass, slows down our play massively. There’s a reason why so many teams target him
Nice summary of what the issues with him are.

OSBK

Established Member
He takes out ball from defense to attack - He takes ages to do so before which the opponent defense is well settled in their positions.
In any team, a player in his position will have most key passes. Again, how quickly he makes those passes is important.

I don't like the idea of overlooking his errors. These are not "odd errors". 7 errors plus 4 penalties in 3 years is not odd occurrence. Dude has a serious problem that he is showing no signs of fixing.

Your right we shouldnt over look these errors. But break down the situations and yes xhaka made errors but what actual f was our team doing. We have xhaka tackling in our area with no cb to be seen, we have a midfield who vanish and leave him exposed to make these errors.

I guarantee you can put xhaka in pool and this wouldnt happen. They play as a team and rarely leave each other exposed. When was the last time you saw henderson exposed in midfield in the klopp era, but pre klopp henderson was a shambles.

As a individual xhaka needs to improve but it means nothing if the collective remain a shambles.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
When Xhaka gets the house key:

dfa4xu7.jpg

lucky7

Brutal... Just tells you all you need to know about this player. This guy has so many mistakes in him it's unreal.
Literally the most mistakes leading to goals of any outfield player in the league since he joined. He has assets that are valuable, but in 3 years he has a net contribution of +7 goals in the EPL.

I get that he's not primarily a goal scorer or even assist creator, but to put that into context...Mustafi has the same +7 goal contribution when removing errors leading to goals and is in a more vulnerable position to concede errors and obviously has less opportunity to create goals and assists.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Your right we shouldnt over look these errors. But break down the situations and yes xhaka made errors but what actual f was our team doing. We have xhaka tackling in our area with no cb to be seen, we have a midfield who vanish and leave him exposed to make these errors.

I guarantee you can put xhaka in pool and this wouldnt happen. They play as a team and rarely leave each other exposed. When was the last time you saw henderson exposed in midfield in the klopp era, but pre klopp henderson was a shambles.

As a individual xhaka needs to improve but it means nothing if the collective remain a shambles.
You just have to look at the videos in which he makes errors to see the number of options Xhaka has. He is not exposed at all. He is just not quick enough to take decisions. Just watch the video posted in the previous page. If he is in pool, he will make the same mistake. He goes braindead when being pressed. Rest of the team being **** doesn't make him any better. And what about the penalties conceded? Are they also mistakes made by rest of the team.
He is a **** player and it is high time we accepted it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Was evident last season that he was missed when he wasn't in the team, unless they could find a more influential player for the centre who could step up and perform straight away, then there's no point considering selling him, besides, I think he'll only improve as he has done.
Yeah, because nobody's favourite player ever stops improving on AM... :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You just have to look at the videos in which he makes errors to see the number of options Xhaka has. He is not exposed at all. He is just not quick enough to take decisions. Just watch the video posted in the previous page. If he is in pool, he will make the same mistake. He goes braindead when being pressed. Rest of the team being **** doesn't make him any better. And what about the penalties conceded? Are they also mistakes made by rest of the team.
Exactly. I'm seeing myth after myth being created to defend this guy. They used to blame Ramsey... Let that sink in for a moment. The 'he's exposed' old chestnut. Christ...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fan boys fan boys everywhere.
It's terrible inconsistency. Can you imagine if it were someone else who gave away as many goals and single handedly put us out of the CL places with a hallmark act of bufoonery? I think sometimes when you're balls deep in a player, there is a point of no return. That's the only explanation for me. He's clearly a big problem, and we know exactly when he's going to be a big problem, and when he might not be. Like looking at the clock.

ArsenalFever

Before last season begun, my preferable first choice eleven didn't include Xhaka, as the season went on, he was an influential necessity, he has a presence which contributes if you consider our other midfield options, you mention inconsistency, the inconsistency I see, is our options in midfield compared to other positions, something I would like to see addressed this transfer window.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It's terrible inconsistency. Can you imagine if it were someone else who gave away as many goals and single handedly put us out of the CL places with a hallmark act of bufoonery? I think sometimes when you're balls deep in a player, there is a point of no return. That's the only explanation for me. He's clearly a big problem, and we know exactly when he's going to be a big problem, and when he might not be. Like looking at the clock.
That's the problem about fandom. I am an Özil fan. But there is no way I can justify the bullshit performance he gave this season. So I just stay away from that thread while some fans seem to make up stories to somehow show him in a good light.
In Xhaka's case, the funny thing is that the same people who slate Mustafi for his mistakes support Xhaka while Xhaka is the one who makes more mistakes. What excuse can you give for these errors? He is here for three years. So you cannot say he is adapting to the league. And if a player has to improve, he has to accept his mistakes first. His comment of "There is nothing you can do" after the match against Portugal shows that he is never going to own his mistakes and rectify them. Last season, even relegation teams were pressing us relentlessly when we were playing away. We can safely say that all teams already know his weaknesses and will exploit that even more this season. And here, people want to make him a captain and build a team around him.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we can get decent money for him we should definitely sell. I don't think anyone would be willing to offer that though.

Atleast if he was making silly mistakes only at Arsenal we could blame the set up. The fact he does exactly the same with the Swiss national team shows the problems are of his own making.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
And here, people want to make him a captain and build a team around him.
He receives standing ovations every time he switches play for Kolasinac. Switching play is the most basic thing for a midfielder (except for Elneny), especially when you are not under any pressure.
He is actually a perfect captain for this circus. Can't think of anyone else who would be a better leader of this chaotic squad and Mustafi being a vice captione

OSBK

Established Member

Guarantee if xhaka does that in a pool shirt vvd,milner,gomez mops that up. Im not excusing xhaka but seriously our cdm loses the ball and our cbs are 2 on 2!! Our idiot of a manager sets up so that when we have possesion we have 7 players pushed up that far. Just watch a liverpool game, henderson loses the ball but klopp doesnt let his whole team run into the box to try and score. They are organised, covering players and never leaving themselves exposed, we got tortured last season. We conceeded 53 goals last season, im just guessing but probably most of those were scored on a quick counter against us.

Take the el as a example. Up until the goal xhaka looked ok, once chelsea scored we pushed forward and left us 3 on 3 at the back with 30mins of the game left and boom 4-1 and xhaka has a shocker.

My point is you could stick kante in that team and if he lost the ball there is a high probability it turns into a goal scoring chance.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Need to sell Xhaka. Very good footballer, but not a winning type of player for us. The system we play do not suit him. I think he'd look like a top 10 player playing in a great team.

Token Yank

Sick of defending him. He has his qualities but they are not of a match winning variety. However, his biggest faults are certainly of a match losing variety. Not a good fit in our Island of Misfit Toys squad. I assume he would look a much better player in a better set up and somewhere other than the Prem. Italy beckons.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Guarantee if xhaka does that in a pool shirt vvd,milner,gomez mops that up. Im not excusing xhaka but seriously our cdm loses the ball and our cbs are 2 on 2!! Our idiot of a manager sets up so that when we have possesion we have 7 players pushed up that far. Just watch a liverpool game, henderson loses the ball but klopp doesnt let his whole team run into the box to try and score. They are organised, covering players and never leaving themselves exposed, we got tortured last season. We conceeded 53 goals last season, im just guessing but probably most of those were scored on a quick counter against us.

Take the el as a example. Up until the goal xhaka looked ok, once chelsea scored we pushed forward and left us 3 on 3 at the back with 30mins of the game left and boom 4-1 and xhaka has a shocker.

My point is you could stick kante in that team and if he lost the ball there is a high probability it turns into a goal scoring chance.
If Emery's set up is the reason, it should have happened only in the last season. It has been happening for three seasons. It happened in the swiss national team too. So three managers made the same mistake?
And 7 errors led to goal. There were also many errors I have seen him make that the team has actually mopped up as you have seen Henderson make. The difference being this idiot does it so frequently that you can't expect the team to save him all the time.
And yes. Kante will not lose the ball like a fool when the team is building up an attack and he has many options to pass. Add the penalties he conceded too. You don't have any excuses for his this horrible player.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Please don't feed this troll dude. @Erlis keeps responding because people keep feeding him. Posters of his quality (or severe lack thereof) should be ignored until they go away.
Sick to death of this icon worship above the club. Start a Fecking Xhaka forum you brain dead *****!

The Liverpool fan has spoken. **** off piece of mental sh1t.

You have only around five people on this forum who are genuine Arsenal fans and Arsenal is their first choice team, *****. I am among those five, some are banned, and some still hardly survive.

All non-arsenal fans survive and are appreciated on here, surprisingly.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The Liverpool fan has spoken. **** off piece of mental sh1t.

You have only around five people on this forum who are genuine Arsenal fans and Arsenal is their first choice team, *****. I am among those five, some are banned, and some still hardly survive.

All non-arsenal fans survive and are appreciated on here, surprisingly.
:rolleyes:
I've been an Arsenal fan since before you were in diapers, child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom