• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Oh ok, I understand, but what time period in the clubs history, in particular, makes you have that opinion?

The Kroenke years mainly, when it comes to upper management and managers being sacked.

However I do think in general that this club from a fan level has a history of falling in love with players and coaches rather than demanding the sun, moon and stars like Real Madrid or United fans.

Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the Wenger era and I really can't speak to how things were before the boss's time but I've generally found Arsenal fans to be a pretty patient, loyal bunch. Once we like a player, he can do almost no wrong.

Look at a Jenkinson or how guys who are well past it like Monreal and Koscielny are treated.

Even the likes of Almunia weren't treated too harshly whereas I'm sure he would have had a pig's head or two thrown at him in the Camp Nou or San Siro.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not giving youth a go but dressing like an 18 year old on his first night out wearing all his birthday garms

D9CsXGwWsAEV2du

mjl.gif

Ospina has really let himself go at Naples, smh

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fully on board in the #Freddie2021 hype train.

He loses to Mikel on the hairline front, but I think with his knowledge of our u-23s and some exciting young additions this window, we could be on to something.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Emery has destroyed us enough already with his disgustingly boring football.

Allegri would make us all quit football, although he might add some stability.

Need a coach that wants to play offensive football. That should be the most important factor.

City & Liverpool aside, Arsenal scored the highest number of goals last season.

Also, aren’t you sick to the back teeth of us overcommitting players and getting hit on the break over and over and over again -up to the point that Sir Alex Ferguson wrote about it in his autobiography.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Gotta say because Cech thread is closed that starting him in EL final is a huge minus for Emery in my books.

Was ready to allow him to start next season with a clean slate. But he will start in now with -5.

But why? It's not like Cech was the biggest problem that night, or that Leno is that big of an upgrade from even current past it Cech........

RacingPhoton

Established Member
But why? It's not like Cech was the biggest problem that night, or that Leno is that big of an upgrade from even current past it Cech........
Making a deal for a future job with a team who he was going to face in a final match in a few days? Any other manager would have asked him to **** off. When Wenger played Ox against Liverpool in a similar situation, I was totally furious. Expected Emery to be different. If Cech was benched that night, it would have sent a fitting message to the rest of the team. And there are 2 goals in the four where Cech could have done lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom