• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanB

Lets be honest, Sessegnon and Gray are the "safe choices". Nelson has the higher ceiling, but he's also the most unstable atm. Can be wonderful, can be **** one minute later.

Hopefully he'll be our backup option/rotation for attacking midfield and right wing this coming season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nelson is timid. Not enough confidence in himself and obviously talent like Sancho.

His ceiling isn't much than Iwobi's probably.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What else did he do besides show up to training late?

Or did Nagelsmann want to give him a greater fine for that infraction?
He was 20 mins late for training once.

Now he’s apparently this bad boy because coaches don’t play him.

The guy I heard this from heavily implied there was more than just coming late to Training once. Didn't go into details as per usual with insiders. Didn't want to kick off a massive debate or style him as a bad boy, just thought it was an interesting tidbit of supposed intel from a rather solid source. Take it how you want it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Should definitely be starting ahead of Demarai Gray who is pretty awful. Honestly, I don’t understand why he’s so highly rated that Gray, whenever I watch him he does next to nothing. He must be unreal in training.

For me, Nelson needs to focus on staying in games more and having a consistent impact. He’s a moments player atm, pops up with something special then has the next 20 minutes off.

He’s young and definitely a sparkling talent, let’s see what Emery can do with him. Always found it bizarre that Wenger was using him at wing back.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Its crazy that people have already given up on him. I'm playing Football manager now and I'm playing the 2021/22 season and he is just got 22 midway through the season.

Will be interesting to see how he develops in next 2 years!
A lot of anti youth players here! Sickening!
Yeah it is weird now because now the youth option makes real sense at the moment... Finally
I've been known to disagree with the youth approach before but right now to rebuild we need to go back to what worked for us. We have a promising crop of youth and we need to hang on to them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nelson is timid. Not enough confidence in himself and obviously talent like Sancho.

His ceiling isn't much than Iwobi's probably.
Is there a single player we have that you like? Everybody is always useless in your view.
I agree we have issues and an unbalanced squad but wow.. You hate everything about this club and I am wondering why you put yourself through this.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Is there a single player we have that you like? Everybody is always useless in your view.
I agree we have issues and an unbalanced squad but wow.. You hate everything about this club and I am wondering why you put yourself through this.
Matt Smith. And the U16 has a lot of talented players. They play beautiful football like the 09-10 Barcelona or the 07-08 Arsenal. Can’t wait to see them playing for the first team.
As for this current batch, Nelson is the better one, others are not bad. But I don’t understand why many Arsenal fans would blindly believe that they are good enough.

Furious

What am I supposed to answer here? Seems like you've made your mind. Take a breath Tobias and move on.

Furious

Questions are denoted by a question mark... Basic grammar skills, bra.
Is there a single player we have that you like?

:lol:

Nelson for one, just because I'm yet to see something extraordinary in him doesn't mean I don't like him.

I pretty much like all of them expect maybe the likes of Elneny and Mustafi, who're a waste of time. However if we're talking about them being good enough, then very few fall into that category. And when I say good enough, I'm talking about title challenge, I always do when judging players because I believe that's where we should be as a club.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't know much about Barnes and how good he is but it seems like Nelson is not in manager plans for this tournament.
It looks now like a complete waste of time where he will sit on the bench for u21 and miss preparation for first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't know much about Barnes and how good he is but it seems like Nelson is not in manager plans for this tournament.
It looks now like a complete waste of time where he will sit on the bench for u21 and miss preparation for first team.
Kinda agree. Looking at the strength and experience of their forward line, it was always gonna be tough. Was mostly a courtesy due to his contributions during qualifying and preparation more than anything.

We will see how it goes for the rest of the games and if he makes an appearance but I'm uneasy about the lack of trust. Just need someone to be brave and play him, and he will deliver.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Boothroyd is your typical old school English manager, experience over youth every time.

Foden only started the first game because Mount was a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom