• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We shouldnt extend a contract if we dont know if he will again show consistently the form he was in for a short while.

I liked what I saw but it was too short to draw any conclusions from
If we overpay him by £20k a week that's a million a year, it will cost us £20 million to get a moderately decent centre-back so it's worth a punt to me.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Anyone know when this lads due back? Thought he was fantastic before his injury. Wonder if he'll be fit for the season start.

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Holding displayed great form in his first break out season with us and rightly played in the FA cup final, played well and won his first trophy. Second season Holding was dissapointing and didnt display the same form shown in his first season. Holding in third and most recent season between late October to early December ( when got injured) played well for and earned his starting 11 spot in merit.

I am looking forward to seeing Holding back for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Not only were his performances to a high standard but he also seemed very good for on field morale. Definitely future captain material if he can bounce back from this injury.

Tomb Bombadil

Was he "fantastic" though, really?
He was not "fantastic" imo. He was really solid but he is still raw in my opinion and has his flaws. Could be a future starting CB but should not be one now for Arsenal. On the other hand we don't have any money so if we go with developing youth guns...

You could only say he was fantastic if you take into account the expectation we had for him.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we overpay him by £20k a week that's a million a year, it will cost us £20 million to get a moderately decent centre-back so it's worth a punt to me.

You can't even get a moderately decent one for that price in this current market. It probably wouldn't even get you Harry Maguire's left leg. Who is actually someone I would classify as decent, nothing more.

Manberg

Predator
We ought to stop overrating our defenders. Our defence is horrible, with or without Holding, Bellerin et al.
They can all be improved upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom