• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Boothroyd is your typical old school English manager, experience over youth every time.

Foden only started the first game because Mount was a doubt.
Foden was one of the better players last game though, so probably saving him. As you can see, I'm trying to give Boothroyd benefit of the doubt even though I think he's rubbish as U21 manager.

Gray, Barnes and Sessegnon played a lot of PL football this season. Nelson, output and all, racked up most of his minutes from the bench. Would be nice to see him get the nod, but I figured this would happen, which is why I wasn't super excited about seeing him in this tournament, but still hoping he does well. What will be more important is how he fits into the latter stages of pre-season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Hope the boy doesn't lose too much confidence from what happened this season. It is a lot easier to accept not making the first 11 at a club such as ours when you still young and developing. But to be kept mainly at the bench for Hoffenheim, for whatever reasons, and then same thing with England U21. That can put a lot of doubt into a young player's mind. Hope he uses these setbacks to work even harder and want to prove all his doubters wrong. I think next season we will see a more determined Reis.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he gets the full four weeks off after a tournament, he won’t be back until late July. He’d have three friendlies to play, Lyon, Angers and Barcelona.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I mean, it's hard for us to see if they are good enough if they are not given chances, isn't it?
You can get an idea of how good they are watching them play in the youth team.
People say we should go for the youth approach. And I agree with that.
But I wouldn’t support that if our youth players are not up to the standard.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think another pre-season with us would've been way more useful to him than this U-21
He’d have expected more game time definitely. Not sure how happy Arsenal would be to let him go to the next tournament in two years if he’s still at that level.

There’s two ways Nelson can respond though, take the full four weeks break he can like Gnabry did when he went, or come back two weeks early like Chambers did when he was in the same boat.

Impact

Established Member
Happy to see Nelson taking the responsibility of taking the penalty. Genuinely think this boy is a star. Just needs to believe in his ability more.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Boothroyd clueless **** got Gray starting ahead of him.
Was arguably the strongest performer for England over 90 mins today, while Gray had a poor game yet again (and Gray is a player I actually think is decent but I'm making my point here :lol:). Everyone needs to stop sleeping on Nelson - on Hale End full stop. We've got serious talent that is still going overlooked.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gray hogging the left wing and wasting two good chances. Nelson’s finishing is arguably his best attribute and Boothroyd makes him play right wing with a bum at RB and no switching .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gray hogging the left wing and wasting two good chances. Nelson’s finishing is arguably his best attribute and Boothroyd makes him play right wing with a bum at RB and no switching .
And he was still good and did well with what he was given. Can't wait till a manager actually gives him a proper opportunity to show his best.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And he was still good and did well with what he was given. Can't wait till a manager actually gives him a proper opportunity to show his best.
Won’t be our current coach, doesn’t track back enough!

Honestly though, whenever he gets the ball in the final third you expect something. I’d like to see him show more urgency at times like he did in the final 10.

Definitely better on the left, though you could say the same about all these top young wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom