• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martinez: The Best Backup Backup Keeper in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good words. Penny dropping. He's got to play now, he's at the age where a keeper should be playing more regularly than he currently does. He's putting together a string of good performances and he's impressed whenever given a short run. It's time for us to either trust him or sell. I reckon with Cech retiring, he'll definitely be Leno's competition. I'd say that's a good spot. Leno has been very good since signing, particularly in the last few months or so, but I don't think of his position as completely insurmountable. I think Martinez will be decent competition for him.

nick gould

Good words. Penny dropping. He's got to play now, he's at the age where a keeper should be playing more regularly than he currently does. He's putting together a string of good performances and he's impressed whenever given a short run. It's time for us to either trust him or sell. I reckon with Cech retiring, he'll definitely be Leno's competition. I'd say that's a good spot. Leno has been very good since signing, particularly in the last few months or so, but I don't think of his position as completely insurmountable. I think Martinez will be decent competition for him.
No man. He is not even ospina level.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think I'd rather see Martinez as our backup keeper this year & on our official roster for a change rather then on loan once again.

9jagooner

Well unless we're planning on getting another goalkeeper, Martinez will be our backup goalkeeper and one of the guys from Academy as third choice.

To be honest, IMO, this is a step down from when we had Fabianski as back up or Cech as backup. But given Arsenal's financial position, our focus has to be spending money on where we're short further up the field.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Who has watched Martinez that often to be able to make a judgement? The few times I've seen him he looks ok for a no. 2 but if he never plays and goes out on loan after loan to inferior teams we're never going to know. Give him at least until January as back-up and play him in the League Cup and some Europa League games.

Impact

Established Member
Who has watched Martinez that often to be able to make a judgement? The few times I've seen him he looks ok for a no. 2 but if he never plays and goes out on loan after loan to inferior teams we're never going to know. Give him at least until January as back-up and play him in the League Cup and some Europa League games.

Martinez had a stellar season at Reading. Have a read of any of their forums to confirm this. He is a good 'keeper. Huge physical profile, great with his feet. Homegrown academy product too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Martinez had a stellar season at Reading. Have a read of any of their forums to confirm this. He is a good 'keeper. Huge physical profile, great with his feet. Homegrown academy product too.
Don`t agree with him being great with his feet. Rate Martinez but his kicking is very ordinary.

Impact

Established Member
Has looked good so far. Always felt there was a good 'keeper in there. Think he is ready to be the competition that keeps Leno honest. Already a huge improvement on Cech/Ospina distribution-wise.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From the highlights he looked good bar the Bale goal where he should have been stronger and held on.

That’s always been his issue, can be brilliant for most of the game but has a mistake in him. Good second choice though and home grown to boot.

Impact

Established Member
From the highlights he looked good bar the Bale goal where he should have been stronger and held on.

That’s always been his issue, can be brilliant for most of the game but has a mistake in him. Good second choice though and home grown to boot.

Think he should have been braver on the Bale goal but I don't think I would go as far as calling it a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom