• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But how can we buy top class defenders when we have to pay Özil's fat wages?
I really don't care. If you asked me to sell Laca, Auba or Özil to fund a defensive addition, I'd call you crazy.

This is like selling one kidney to fix the other

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But how can we buy top class defenders when we have to pay Özil's fat wages?
You do realise that we made an offer for Ramsey after Özil got his contract. Meaning we do have the funds to pay those wages. We also don't have Cech or Welbeck on the books anymore.
Özil is an issue but let's not exacerbate the issue by making up stories.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You do realise that we made an offer for Ramsey after Özil got his contract. Meaning we do have the funds to pay those wages. We also don't have Cech or Welbeck on the books anymore.
Özil is an issue but let's not exacerbate the issue by making up stories.

We made an offer which Ramsey then refused to sign........ our window to resign Ramsey was gone the moment we decided to give Özil his big fat contract.

I really don't care. If you asked me to sell Laca, Auba or Özil to fund a defensive addition, I'd call you crazy.

This is like selling one kidney to fix the other

Yet that's what we need to do. It's either them or guys like Guendonzi or Torreira which other clubs would actually love to get their hands on. This is what happens when we fall out of the CL for 3 seasons.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We made an offer which Ramsey then refused to sign........ our window to resign Ramsey was gone the moment we decided to give Özil his big fat contract.
What are you talking about? Özil got his contract while Wenger was still here. Ramsey had a contract offered to him after that. This narrative has zero basis in fact

Özil signed his new contract in Feb 2018. Ramsey had a contract offered to him between August and November 2018. You're more than half a year off with this theory of yours.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
.Yet that's what we need to do. It's either them or guys like Guendonzi or Torreira which other clubs would actually love to get their hands on. This is what happens when we fall out of the CL for 3 seasons.
but you understand that with guys like Guendouzi and Torreira, we aren't going to return to top 4 or other tournaments.

The big cups are won by teams who have big ambition. This means that we will have to buy, play and accommodate luxury players. Even Atletico had Costa, Griezmann and 'luxury' other players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What are you talking about? Özil got his contract while Wenger was still here. Ramsey had a contract offered to him after that. This narrative has zero basis in fact

Özil signed his new contract in Feb 2018. Ramsey had a contract offered to him between August and November 2018. You're more than half a year off with this theory of yours.

So why didn't Ramsey sign the contract after it was offered to him? Perhaps because the offer was too little and he can easily get more in another club?

Arsefan7

Probably mentioned before but Ozils a Ferrari engine in a Merc, unfortunately the engines gathering some miles and its efficiency is in question. For me the spaces he takes up aren’t productive and doesn’t have the players around him to showcase his genius. How long can we let this continue. Why didn’t we try Mkhi at ACM? Now there ages are a problem.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Probably mentioned before but Ozils a Ferrari engine in a Merc, unfortunately the engines gathering some miles and its efficiency is in question. For me the spaces he takes up aren’t productive and doesn’t have the players around him to showcase his genius. How long can we let this continue. Why didn’t we try Mkhi at ACM? Now there ages are a problem.

A more accurate description is a V12 AMG tuned Mercedes S class that's performing like a 1990 0.9 L Toyota Starlet and you can't work out why as you've only taken it on a school run a few times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
sure why not fix the more expensive and less important issue first because reasons.
Come on mate, I refuse to believe that you think any obvious problem is best ignored just because you may have more than one problem. It’s not like we’re in a position where we must prioritise. If we want rid, there are a few simple steps to take to get the ball rolling. You might have to first acknowledge the problem though, which I suspect is your problem :p

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Come on mate, I refuse to believe that you think any obvious problem is best ignored just because you may have more than one problem. It’s not like we’re in a position where we must prioritise. If we want rid, there are a few simple steps to take to get the ball rolling. You might have to first acknowledge the problem though, which I suspect is your problem :p
I do acknowledge that we have a problem with his form, and his position in Emery's team. So, drop him or put him in the reserves until he works his way back into the team. That is how you manage a team.

But the bigger problem we have is our defense, then our midfield. We need to fix that first.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I do acknowledge that we have a problem with his form, and his position in Emery's team. So, drop him or put him in the reserves until he works his way back into the team. That is how you manage a team.

But the bigger problem we have is our defense, then our midfield. We need to fix that first.
We tried dropping him.... He responded by engaging in a propaganda war on Twitter and continued to play crap. He’s since been seen verbally abusing the manager and has acted like a total knob all round. He’s made his position untenable imo, and if he’s still part of the squad come August, I’ll be very disappointed in the manager. I’ve conceded that I’ll probably be very disappointed come August!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom