• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Feels like they’re being a bit ****ish to be honest.

Imagine being shipped off to a club you don't really want to join to then be forced to stay when after two years decent clubs want you. :lol:

People saying he's got a bad attitude yet he's trying to force a move to play decent football again. You'd do whatever it takes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jeez then sell him I feel they doing this so they can get as much as they can get from him. They should sell him now for 20-25M.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Imagine being shipped off to a club you don't really want to join to then be forced to stay when after two years decent clubs want you. :lol:

People saying he's got a bad attitude yet he's trying to force a move to play decent football again. You'd do whatever it takes.
Plus the club itself sounds a bit disingenuous.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
How good is Carrasco?

Anyone actually seen him play regularly when he was at Atletico or Monaco? Interested to know why Atletico shipped him out after a year and at a loss.

I've heard the hype, seen his fifa rating, youtube vids etc but is he actually any good?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Feels like they’re being a bit ****ish to be honest.

To be fair to Carrasco, Aubameyang forced his way out of Dortmund to join Arsenal, ruffling a few feathers in the process, but has had a fantastic attitude here. On the other hand, this is the 2nd club in which Carrasco has had a problem, having fallen out with Simeone before bolting for China. So that could be a red flag. But I'm sure Arsenal has done the background work.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How good is Carrasco?

Anyone actually seen him play regularly when he was at Atletico or Monaco? Interested to know why Atletico shipped him out after a year and at a loss.

I've heard the hype, seen his fifa rating, youtube vids etc but is he actually any good?
Mixed performance partly because he didn't necessarily fit Simeone's system. If he can consistently give the performance he did in the CL Final against Madrid, then I'll take it. If you can find highlights from that, you'll be more than happy. That's what he's capable of.

Edit:

Here ya go:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

His just deserts for going to China at a young age tbh. That being said the club and the manager are coming off as slimy as ****.
Believe me they doing that so they can get as much as they can get from him, it's old move.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Mixed performance partly because he didn't necessarily fit Simeone's system. If he can consistently give the performance he did in the CL Final against Madrid, then I'll take it. If you can find highlights from that, you'll be more than happy. That's what he's capable of.

Edit:

Here ya go:

I always wanted to slap Pepe, having an Arsenal player who's done that is the next best thing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I want him, but if we can't sign him then I'd keep Mkhi and hope on of Iwobi or Nelson ignite. Can't think of any other top wingers within out budget unless we made a shady deal for Robben or Ribery!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

To be fair to Carrasco, Aubameyang forced his way out of Dortmund to join Arsenal, ruffling a few feathers in the process, but has had a fantastic attitude here. On the other hand, this is the 2nd club in which Carrasco has had a problem, having fallen out with Simeone before bolting for China. So that could be a red flag. But I'm sure Arsenal has done the background work.
Yeah PEA did force his way out of Dortmund. for some reason though unfortunately it feels like PEA & his management trying their best to get out of here aswell unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong & he is more than happy here though.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah PEA did force his way out of Dortmund. for some reason though unfortunately it feels like PEA & his management trying their best to get out of here aswell unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong & he is more than happy here though.

Don't worry. There's nothing to the stuff about Aubameyang leaving. Just paper talk. Pierre said as much himself the other day in the "in his own words" thing on the Arsenal website. He's looking forward to getting going on the new season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How good is Carrasco?

Overrated
Not really the Douglas Costa type of player we always wanted to sign.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Overrated
Not really the Douglas Costa type of player we always wanted to sign.

Find it worrying how Atletico put up next to no fight to keep him.

I'm not overly into this transfer, if it happens cool, if it don't, meh. However we do need improvement in this position so hopefully the club can pull something off.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Find it worrying how Atletico put up next to no fight to keep him.

I'm not overly into this transfer, if it happens cool, if it don't, meh. However we do need improvement in this position so hopefully the club can pull something off.
I see him as an improvement on Iwobi and a replacement that fits in our budget. We don't have the 70million someone like Pepe would cost.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I see him as an improvement on Iwobi and a replacement that fits in our budget. We don't have the 70million someone like Pepe would cost.

Of course, but the 'improvement on Iwobi' isn't exactly the highest bar to set. I'm not going to claim I know much about Carrasco, I just hope who ever we do get comes here to put in the work we need, had enough of players here for a payday and only interested when we are winning.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom