• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Making a deal for a future job with a team who he was going to face in a final match in a few days? Any other manager would have asked him to **** off. When Wenger played Ox against Liverpool in a similar situation, I was totally furious. Expected Emery to be different. If Cech was benched that night, it would have sent a fitting message to the rest of the team. And there are 2 goals in the four where Cech could have done lot better.
Exactly. Emery drops Cech for that game it marks a new era of anti-mollycoddling.

But he started him, and the soft culture at the club that permeates throughout our loser squad continues.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Strongly disagreed with the starting of Cech in that game but let’s get real, if you made a list of contributing factors that caused the defeat he wouldn’t even get in to the top 10.

Arsefan7

I’d like to give Emery another season to get the players he wants, unfortunately this has been impacted by no CL. Partly down to the collapse at the end of the season. With Emery’s tactical acumen you would expect the games to be managed better. Needs to be more ruthless with his decisions.

OneAW!

I’d like to give Emery another season to get the players he wants, unfortunately this has been impacted by no CL. Partly down to the collapse at the end of the season. With Emery’s tactical acumen you would expect the games to be managed better. Needs to be more ruthless with his decisions.

His tactical acumen has been exaggerated. He is no better than you're Allegra's or Conte's. Send him to a club like Juve and he will look like a genius. Emery isn't in the same league as the likes of Klopp and Pep or Sarri (that's why Juve have got him). Wenger is better than them all off course.

Why would you want to see more of him? He isn't going to improve magically. Getting the players he wants means more one dimensional football, that's what he does best. He cant work with the best and most skilled players. Look at his time at PSG! Look at how he's mismanaged Özil, lookout how he got rid of Ramsey, the one quality player he knows how to use, also he's even managed to piss off Auba. He doesn't have the guts to give the youngsters a go.

The only people who want him to stay are those who magically believe things will somehow get better. Like we need to magically give every manager two seasons regardless of how good or bad they are or the circumstances of their success or failure.

EDIT: Love how someone highlighting the concerns of youngsters is dismissed as setting a "world record for talking". This is how you try to manage narratives. How much do the board/Emery pay these people? I could use a second job.

His tactical acumen has been exaggerated. He is no better than you're Allegra's or Conte's. Send him to a club like Juve and he will look like a genius. Emery isn't in the same league as the likes of Klopp and Pep or Sarri (that's why Juve have got him). Wenger is better than them all off course.

Why would you want to see more of him? He isn't going to improve magically. Getting the players he wants means more one dimensional football, that's what he does best. He cant work with the best and most skilled players. Look at his time at PSG! Look at how he's mismanaged Özil, lookout how he got rid of Ramsey, the one quality player he knows how to use, also he's even managed to piss off Auba. He doesn't have the guts to give the youngsters a go.

The only people who want him to stay are those who magically believe things will somehow get better. Like we need to magically give every manager two seasons regardless of how good or bad they are or the circumstances of their success or failure.

EDIT: Love how someone highlighting the concerns of youngsters is dismissed as setting a "world record for talking". This is how you try to manage narratives. How much do the board/Emery pay these people? I could use a second job.
What pisses me off most about him as our manager is that he doesn't have a definite playing style that we can identify arsenal with! I also hate it that we've got so much talent in our youth ranks but no one has been given chance to impress other than the 10 or so minutes given to Saka. I mean what does El-Nenny have that is better than Willock for example! AMN clearly looked disinterested in the final match in the first half and he ended up losing it for for us imho, why couldn't Emery take a punt on JOT!! Look at that group game we played in the EL that we won 3-0 with the kids playing. That was my favourite match all season. It reminded me of the Henry/Cesc era when we just couldn't tire attacking the opponent with pace and flair. On the contrary look at the game we played against Brighton with the senior team, my God, what an aweful display.
I don't doubt for a minute that we need to change our philosophy if we are to get back to playing good, hungry football and I pray i am wrong but Emery isn't the one to lead us to that. I realise now that we'd rather have gone for Arteta

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Give him until October.

That makes absolutely no sense. Either you should fire him at the end of this month so the next guy can have some impact during pre seaons/transfer window, or you go the complete season with him. But axing Emery in October after he's worked pre season and players apparently fitting his "stlye" have been brought in only to hire a probably mediocre quick fix who then has to work with a squad turned "brand new" to "remnants of the last guy" in the span of 3/4 months would be terrible. The only reason to do so would be Arsenal sitting somewhere at the bottom of the table.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Magically manage a magical mango, you say?

Arsène, you bum, get down the job centre.

Give him until October.

He's under the microscope for sure.

I was expecting him to be around 20% of the process after last season. But the final months resulted in us only been at 3%.

So I agree, he will have to catch up a lot of ground early this season! Expecting us to be somewhere around 35% at x-mas! 58% when the season is done!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Making a deal for a future job with a team who he was going to face in a final match in a few days? Any other manager would have asked him to **** off. When Wenger played Ox against Liverpool in a similar situation, I was totally furious. Expected Emery to be different. If Cech was benched that night, it would have sent a fitting message to the rest of the team. And there are 2 goals in the four where Cech could have done lot better.
Jep. Imo we already lost the game when he showed our weak, weak mentality starting Cech. Should have sent Cech on his way when the news about his next job came out.

If I tell my employer I'm working for the competition next month I'm sent on paid leave instantly for the remained of my contract. It's bad for the group, you always have doubts about somebody's intentions. It isn't good for anyone. I hoped Emery's Arsenal would be different. But it's just more of the same.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Slowly it’s dawning on our fans that we’re not Barcelona and never have been with Kroenke in charge. It was always Wenger making us look a lot better than we should have been.

Feel sorry for Emery though, he’s not going to get much time and little money to improve the squad. We’ve got to be very lucky to get into the top 4 again.

‘Step up to managerial merry-go-round.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom