• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

The big cups are won by teams who have big ambition. This means that we will have to buy, play and accommodate luxury players. Even Atletico had Costa, Griezmann and 'luxury' other players.

Calling Griezmann and Costa "Luxury" players is a bit of a stretch mate. They both more than pull their weight.

Big clubs have world class players who perform week in week out, and if they don't they get sold.

We have a world class player who performs once a month, if we're lucky. We can't sell him, because nobody wants him, and why would they?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We tried dropping him.... He responded by engaging in a propaganda war on Twitter and continued to play crap. He’s since been seen verbally abusing the manager and has acted like a total knob all round. He’s made his position untenable imo, and if he’s still part of the squad come August, I’ll be very disappointed in the manager. I’ve conceded that I’ll probably be very disappointed come August!
No disagreement, except that Emery himself acknowledged that he had started to perform as per requirements.

In fact, the Europa final, he was marking Jorginho. I'd throw a strop too if someone asked me to do it!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Calling Griezmann and Costa "Luxury" players is a bit of a stretch mate. They both more than pull their weight.

Big clubs have world class players who perform week in week out, and if they don't they get sold.

We have a world class player who performs once a month, if we're lucky. We can't sell him, because nobody wants him, and why would they?
Griezmann is a goalscorer. He might be doing fcuk all but it doesn't matter if he scores.

Costa is ****. He had a few great seasons, just like Drogba and people call him world class. David Villa shat all over him.

I meant to say that big teams should be able to afford these kinds of people. Atletico I've already talked about, City normally have Silva and KdB. ManUre have only Pogba and that's why they are ****. Chelsea had only Hazard, and admittedly he carried them. Our best teams had Özil/Alexis/Cazorla, Nasri/RvP/Wilshere, etc.

If we **** our pants that one of our more expensive guys is out of form, then we aren't a big team anymore.

scytheavatar

Established Member
But the bigger problem we have is our defense, then our midfield. We need to fix that first.

Except our midfield is as big if not a bigger problem than our defense. We can buy top class defenders and at best we'll concede 10 or so less goals in a season. That's still far from enough to make us competitive with Liverpool or City. There's only so much good defenders can do when our midfielders are not doing their jobs and not controlling the game enough for our defense not to be questioned.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Except our midfield is as big if not a bigger problem than our defense. We can buy top class defenders and at best we'll concede 10 or so less goals in a season. That's still far from enough to make us competitive with Liverpool or City. There's only so much good defenders can do when our midfielders are not doing their jobs and not controlling the game enough for our defense not to be questioned.
Yeah, haven't replaced Vieira in almost 20 years.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I really don't care. If you asked me to sell Laca, Auba or Özil to fund a defensive addition, I'd call you crazy.

This is like selling one kidney to fix the other

Laca and Auba yes. Because they are either delivering the numbers or putting in required effort when not, in critical roles.

Özil is doing neither in an aesthetic role, so if we’re talking body repairs, it’s more like selling a silicon implant to pay for cancer treatment.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Laca and Auba yes. Because they are either delivering the numbers or putting in required effort when not, in critical roles.

Özil is doing neither in an aesthetic role, so if we’re talking body repairs, it’s more like selling a silicon implant to pay for cancer treatment.

Hear hear, absolute fraud of a player this Masud lad.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So why didn't Ramsey sign the contract after it was offered to him? Perhaps because the offer was too little and he can easily get more in another club?
That is irrelevant. Ramsey isn't worth more than we offered anyway. You're creating a strawman here..
Your whole argument was that we couldn't offer Ramsey a contract because we signed Özil but we did and I proved that. Just accept it and move on. We removed the contract offer as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We tried dropping him.... He responded by engaging in a propaganda war on Twitter and continued to play crap. He’s since been seen verbally abusing the manager and has acted like a total knob all round. He’s made his position untenable imo, and if he’s still part of the squad come August, I’ll be very disappointed in the manager. I’ve conceded that I’ll probably be very disappointed come August!
You can't blame the manager in this situation really. He clearly doesn't like Özil. But at the end of the day this issue is above his pay grade. Özil is scamming the club out of 350k a week. Its up to the board to try and find a buyer and Özil to get off his ass and actually earn his money elsewhere.

So it won't happen.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In fact, the Europa final, he was marking Jorginho. I'd throw a strop too if someone asked me to do it!
That confirms you aren't a professional footballer and explains why you're protecting someone with a questionable attitude.

Ramsey doing it at the Emirates nullified them and won us the game comfortably. So what you're saying here is you feel bad that Özil was asked to do something that could have strongly helped us win??

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So why didn't Ramsey sign the contract after it was offered to him? Perhaps because the offer was too little and he can easily get more in another club?
The thing is when you let a player run down their deal they get all the power. In some ways the transfer fee you would have got for him is being put into their wage over the length of their contract at another club (or at yours if you sign them on). For example, Özil and Sanchez probably got contract raises worth 15-30m (over the course of the contract) even though they didnt improve as players, it was simply because they had more control over themselves and therefore commanded bigger pay.

So I presume because we were already getting ripped off by Özil, we decided against offering Ramsey bucketloads of money too. I see why we did it, we just gave the money to the wrong guy which is Gazidis' fault more so than Vinai + Raul's.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That confirms you aren't a professional footballer and explains why you're protecting someone with a questionable attitude.
Never said that. I'm not protecting him, just saying that there are bigger issues.

Ramsey doing it at the Emirates nullified them and won us the game comfortably. So what you're saying here is you feel bad that Özil was asked to do something that could have strongly helped us win??
I feel bad that someone asked him to do it.

Anyone who asked him to do that is crazy. If wenger asked him to do that I'd call him crazy. If Mourinho asked him to do that,..wait, Mourinho is already crazy.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Never said that. I'm not protecting him, just saying that there are bigger issues.

I feel bad that someone asked him to do it.

Anyone who asked him to do that is crazy. If wenger asked him to do that I'd call him crazy. If Mourinho asked him to do that,..wait, Mourinho is already crazy.
It was a successful tactic man, Alli did it vs Chelsea too and helped destroy them. Özil just wasn't the right man for the final, if Ramsey was fit Özil was 100% starting on the bench.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That is irrelevant. Ramsey isn't worth more than we offered anyway. You're creating a strawman here..
Your whole argument was that we couldn't offer Ramsey a contract because we signed Özil but we did and I proved that. Just accept it and move on. We removed the contract offer as well.

My argument is that we couldn't offer Ramsey a contract he would sign because we signed Özil....... don't put words in my mouth. Once we sign Özil on his stupid wages we had to make sacrifices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom