• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed, but that isn't what is being said...

You're quoting me. I've been saying we need to sign better players for years now. I've also been saying we need to give our youth more chances than we did last season because I believe there are couple of very good talents there. But I've never said we should not sign top class players just to promote youth.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You're quoting me. I've been saying we need to sign better players for years now. I've also been saying we need to give our youth more chances than we did last season because I believe there are couple of very good talents there. But I've never said we should not sign top class players just to promote youth.
Only quoted you because you started the notion. You haven't outright said it but it has been insinuated all over the place by several posters. Myself included, I've made claims:lol:. I am all for a mix of youth and established players. Really feel we were close to the right balance on several occasions in the late 00's and players left at crucial times which prohibited the success of the project.
But there seems to be this growing section of the fanbase who would happily can all senior players and promote the youth to fill the gaps.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The big youth rebuild can come 2-3 years down the line & with the next manager.

With the state United are in, Chelsea transfer issues & a 1 point gap to Sp**s now is the time to sign ready made experienced players... Lets get CL for a year or two. Its a great opportunity now with key players in prime years.

Only quoted you because you started the notion. You haven't outright said it but it has been insinuated all over the place by several posters. Myself included, I've made claims:lol:. I am all for a mix of youth and established players. Really feel we were close to the right balance on several occasions in the late 00's and players left at crucial times which prohibited the success of the project.
But there seems to be this growing section of the fanbase who would happily can all senior players and promote the youth to fill the gaps.

Would love to butcher every single one of the seniors. Bar maybe Bellerin!

But its pointless to promote youth if they don't learn from better players. So hopefully we can start signing some good players again!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we managed to get this guy he would raise our attacking play by several levels. We could be putting majority of teams to the sword again, going for the throat. None of this tentative, almost respectful way we approach **** teams. Which gives them this absurd notion that they even dare to attack us. Nah, sod that. We need to scare them so much with our pace and skills that they will have their speedy wingers and lone striker defending near their penalty area for majority of the match. Any **** team that then tries to go against the norm and attack us, we need to put 4 or 5 goals past them so we can laugh at their sheer audacity.

Doubt we can afford him though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think our squad is rubbish, and yet I think if we did somehow get Zaha, he’d get us top four with relative ease, that’s how good I think this lad is.

There’s few players in the PL who I **** myself over every time they have the ball against us more than Zaha. Off the top of my head, Hazard and B.Silva. This boy has what we badly lack and teams would double up on him every week.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think our squad is rubbish, and yet I think if we did somehow get Zaha, he’d get us top four with relative ease, that’s how good I think this lad is.

There’s few players in the PL who I **** myself over every time they have the ball against us more than Zaha. Off the top of my head, Hazard and B.Silva. This boy has what we badly lack and teams would double up on him every week.
So agree with this. Well said. I proper sh!t myself when Wilfried has the ball.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Leaving Lacazette and Aubameyang open to bang 'em in.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Not only that, Zaha would mean 10-12 more goals at least from a winger and like 10-20 more goals due to somebody who can actually serve the two properly.

We aren't that bad actually, we more like lack one imposing CM, 1 great CB, Tierney as LB and a winger like Zaha. The team would be ****ing solid !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom