• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Damning statement.;)
His positioning is what I find concerning. Looked lost at times when the intensity was up.
Personally I couldn't disagree more, he is a deep b2b midfielder that looks to start attacks in our half. His biggest positive for me is that no matter the score or situation, he is always wanting/looking to receive the ball. Only top level players have that.
You only have to look as far as Xhaka to see how at times (especially when the going gets tough) he no longer moves to make space to receive a pass and continue play.
Doozy WILL be class, give him time and support.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Personally I couldn't disagree more, he is a deep b2b midfielder that looks to start attacks in our half. His biggest positive for me is that no matter the score or situation, he is always wanting/looking to receive the ball. Only top level players have that.
You only have to look as far as Xhaka to see how at times (especially when the going gets tough) he no longer moves to make space to receive a pass and continue play.
There were several games at the end of the season where he was pulled off just after half time because of the massive gaps he was leaving when we didn't have the ball. This has nothing to do with when we have the ball. In that regard I agree, he's got good vision and even sliced a few defences apart with through balls. It is the off the ball movement when we do not have the ball and the opposition counter where I see I slight issue. This does come over time so it isn't something I am worried about partocularly considering that 18 months ago he was in ligue 2. Positioning is learnt over time and it changes between leagues.

I'm all for this youngster..

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Douzi Certainly talented, just needs to show it consistency, hopefully that comes with experience.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

That eagerness to recieve the ball is too much at times thou, crowds areas when he should be spreading opposition out, and if the oppos counter he is out of position, flops down too much aswell.

Huge talent nonetheless, the stuff he is lacking comes with time.

Dont want him to be a starter anyway.

You learn best by succeding, if he starts week in week out he will fail too much

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If I were going to say one negative thing about the player and his chances of going to the very top, it would be that the first thing I personally look for at a very young age from a midfielder, is maturity and the ability to select the right pass.

Cesc, at 17, was selecting the passes that a 30 year Pirlo would. That doesn't mean he was erring on the side of caution without thought, just to protect the ball; he saw all the passes available--most of which before he received it--and almost effortlessly selected the right one. It's why he was trusted by Wenger and all the players. They didn't have to worry about brain farts or silly passes putting the team in trouble.

Douzy is far from a liability on that front, but it's so reassuring when you see that aspect of their game--the very foundation that everything else should be built on--is already at the highest standard. He has other physical attributes that makes up for those deficits at this early stage, but you'd want to see everything come more in line sooner rather than later. I've got big faith in the player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There were several games at the end of the season where he was pulled off just after half time because of the massive gaps he was leaving when we didn't have the ball. This has nothing to do with when we have the ball. In that regard I agree, he's got good vision and even sliced a few defences apart with through balls. It is the off the ball movement when we do not have the ball and the opposition counter where I see I slight issue. This does come over time so it isn't something I am worried about partocularly considering that 18 months ago he was in ligue 2. Positioning is learnt over time and it changes between leagues.

I'm all for this youngster..
I have to disagree on this. We've had gaps in midfield with and without Douzi on the pitch. If you check other threads, you would see same arguments there about Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey. I get it, it's easier to put it on the back of a skinny 19y old rookie and get a few likes on the way, but it's massive bs if you ask me. When you decide to play 3 CB's, midfield will be the first area where we're going to miss that extra player.

Im sure when we signed him, No one (himself included) would of expected him to play so much. His a young player picked out from a league a million miles away from premiership standard. His come in, Shown some really good qualities, His also shown some flaws in his game. He will be a better player for having this season, as long as he improves year on year we have a very good player on our hands.

Damning statement.;)
His positioning is what I find concerning. Looked lost at times when the intensity was up.

His positioning at times was horrendous. Weird that Ramsey haters haven't criticize it yet. At least Ramsey tried to attack danger zone where goals are possibility. Guendouzi is running as a deep midfielder constantly up to the corner flag doing what only a blind cows could rate as something good.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Im sure when we signed him, No one (himself included) would of expected him to play so much. His a young player picked out from a league a million miles away from premiership standard. His come in, Shown some really good qualities, His also shown some flaws in his game. He will be a better player for having this season, as long as he improves year on year we have a very good player on our hands.
what do you think was his biggest improvement in this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom