• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My argument is that we couldn't offer Ramsey a contract he would sign because we signed Özil....... don't put words in my mouth. Once we sign Özil on his stupid wages we had to make sacrifices.
We offered the Özil contract before we knew Ramsey was leaving. Now that he is gone we free up wages being paid to Ramsey, Cech and others. We do have the money to pay those wages. This is a ridiculous argument.
You don;t have to spend 300k a week on defenders wages..
If we were making sacrifices so massively then we wouldn't have offered Ramsey a contract at all. He is not worth more in this league.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
More worried about Mustafi’s wages at just under £100k a week. When you consider Holding is on £25k, Iwobi £30k and incredibly Nacho only £65k.

What waste.
If we clear Mustafi, Özil and Mkhy thats like 600k a week saved. And in my opinion we wouldnt face many difficulties replacing these guys.

We won't be able to do it all this summer though unfortunately.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was a successful tactic man, Alli did it vs Chelsea too and helped destroy them. Özil just wasn't the right man for the final, if Ramsey was fit Özil was 100% starting on the bench.
Alli is fit for precisely that imo. They use him to the best of his abilities and he repays them with great results

I think Ramsey would have started, yes. Dunno for whom, though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We tried dropping him.... He responded by engaging in a propaganda war on Twitter and continued to play crap. He’s since been seen verbally abusing the manager and has acted like a total knob all round. He’s made his position untenable imo, and if he’s still part of the squad come August, I’ll be very disappointed in the manager. I’ve conceded that I’ll probably be very disappointed come August!

Don’t think it’s Emery’s fault if he’s still here come August.

Think it’s impossible for us to move him on, only a big team can afford to match his wages and why would they want him?

Him and his team have come out and said they don’t want to go on loan several times. Stuck with him until 2021.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
he is betting that he will outlast Emery. Just has to hang in there a few months.
With Torreira reportedly wanting no part of Emery and calling him a bum, it does seem that Emery is losing the dressing room.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think Özil should be left home during preseason tour.

To me, he treats it as a holiday instead of work.

Might also make him actively try to leave too.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
My argument is that we couldn't offer Ramsey a contract he would sign because we signed Özil....... don't put words in my mouth. Once we sign Özil on his stupid wages we had to make sacrifices.
Not true at all https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/26/aaron-ramsey-arsenal
“Hopefully somebody will come up and tell me why,” he said. “I’ll accept that if there’s a reason. When the time is right, I probably will find out but that hasn’t happened yet.

“There is no contract on the table at the moment so there is nothing for me to consider or whatever. We all know that the contract was taken away off the table. I’m not sure exactly why because a few weeks before we sort of agreed and I was ready to sign.”

He was ready to sign but Emery withdrew the offer.

African Flair

If we clear Mustafi, Özil and Mkhy thats like 600k a week saved. And in my opinion we wouldnt face many difficulties replacing these guys.

We won't be able to do it all this summer though unfortunately.
Can't see anyone matching those contracts. It will cost us but it has to be done. Half of our transfer budget is on that table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom