• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not hiring Arteta was a killer, could’ve avoided all this with the iPads.

Christ doesn't Emery know people have the attention span of 6 seconds these days? Needs to be sending them advice as Instagram stories not MS DOS floppy disks in the post

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Emery rejected Rodriguez. We want £45m no interest in loans.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Emery rejected Rodriguez. We want £45m no interest in loans.

Won’t be happening then. Their transfer record is still Rui Costa from 20 years ago. I doubt they’ll be breaking it for Torreira while UEFA have their balls in an FFP vice.

Preacher

Always Crying

Beware of what you read, sometimes too hastily written on social media. At the moment, Milan has not yet submitted an offer to Arsenal, but is studying the best solution. Contact with Bentancur (agent Torreira). It will not be easy to convince the Arsenal but offer is still missing. Milan is studying the situation and a potential offer.

According to r/ACMilan, this is tier 1 source for them.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the whole Torreira being unsettled business is being blown out of proportion. He is spanish speaking, but so are the coaching staff. There are Spanish speakers in the squad. His English needs to be developed, but I am pretty sure that he is working on it. The weather is colder, but he will adapt. He is young and people forget this. South American players tend to adapt pretty well in England as the culture is so diverse. He has had positive periods and difficult periods, but this happens with so many players.

I also believe that he is playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Playing in a 2 next to a midfielder who can't cover distances means that Torreira can get exposed. He covers short distances effectively. He isn't good in big spaces. That isn't a flaw in his game, it is a physical limitation. However, if he plays at the base of a 3, those limitations disappear.

His strengths are reading the game. covering laterally for midfielders, stepping back to block crosses, stepping forward to cut off passing lanes. he is also a very good passer and is tenacious. The only trait of his that we have tapped into is his tenacity. He needs to be at the base of a 3 and have full backs he can pass to.

Stick Torreira at the base of a 3, with Bellerin and Tierney as full backs, with a centre half behind him who has pace and power, with two box to box midfielders who can ran more and faster than him with him and his sense of danger and ability to put out fires, because invaluable.

Play him in a 2 and you may aswell try and sell him and buy someone who has the physical capability to play the role in England.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I have no issue with a loan and an obligation to buy. I do have an issue if its over two years. His value could sky rocket over that period and then they get him on the cheap.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I think the whole Torreira being unsettled business is being blown out of proportion. He is spanish speaking, but so are the coaching staff. There are Spanish speakers in the squad. His English needs to be developed, but I am pretty sure that he is working on it. The weather is colder, but he will adapt. He is young and people forget this. South American players tend to adapt pretty well in England as the culture is so diverse. He has had positive periods and difficult periods, but this happens with so many players.

I also believe that he is playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Playing in a 2 next to a midfielder who can't cover distances means that Torreira can get exposed. He covers short distances effectively. He isn't good in big spaces. That isn't a flaw in his game, it is a physical limitation. However, if he plays at the base of a 3, those limitations disappear.

His strengths are reading the game. covering laterally for midfielders, stepping back to block crosses, stepping forward to cut off passing lanes. he is also a very good passer and is tenacious. The only trait of his that we have tapped into is his tenacity. He needs to be at the base of a 3 and have full backs he can pass to.

Stick Torreira at the base of a 3, with Bellerin and Tierney as full backs, with a centre half behind him who has pace and power, with two box to box midfielders who can ran more and faster than him with him and his sense of danger and ability to put out fires, because invaluable.

Play him in a 2 and you may aswell try and sell him and buy someone who has the physical capability to play the role in England.
In that case he should only be used in "big" games where we would need to set up as a dedicated DM. I want us imposing our game in 80% of matches now, therefore if what you're saying about Torreira is true (and I agree it is) he is of no use to us for 80% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom