• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't want either of those. Looking at the Milan squad I would only be interested in Romagnoli (we could use a left-footed CB who is good on the ball). Reading rumours a €40m bid by Barcelona was rejected for him though, so would likely be a straight swap.

I would much rather fix the midfield by reverting to a midfield three as described by @The_Playmaker though. In that case we only have to replace Ramsey and Xhaka.

In that case he should only be used in "big" games where we would need to set up as a dedicated DM. I want us imposing our game in 80% of matches now, therefore if what you're saying about Torreira is true (and I agree it is) he is of no use to us for 80% of the time.

Bit unrealistic. The 10 games against our top 6 'rivals' entail 26% of the games and teams like Leicester, Watford, Wolves, Everton on a good day will provide a tough challenge (especially away). That means we better make sure we have our midfield set up well for those games.

Think he's good enough on the ball to contribute even when not playing as a dedicated DM. Otherwise, there is no issue with rotating in a more offensive midfield when necessary. He'll contribute plenty.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Milan can piss off. We don't want any of their rejects included in the deal. It would just give me more players to hate.

Preacher

Always Crying
I hope that Raul will tell Ivan baldy personally to make proper bid or f*ck off and stop unsettling our player.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ornstein says that while AC Milan admires Torreira, he is not a focus of their attention because they know his asking price would be prohibitive and they have other targets. So if you believe Ornstein, I guess that's that then.

He is staying!

Hopefully he will show he has adjusted to new league and give us something of this Kante+Cazorla magic next season! I had hopes Lacazette would do a Suarez in his second season, didn't work out but I have faith in our little fellah!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Even if he is here next season you would think we won't see him play until late August at the earliest with his ongoing participation for Uruguay. Not exactly ideal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The Arsenal source is hardly going to brief Orny that Lucas is unhappy & wants out.

Played it cool with the standard 'every player has his price' line... ball with Milan & Ivan The Terrible now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Even if he is here next season you would think we won't see him play until late August at the earliest with his ongoing participation for Uruguay. Not exactly ideal.

He's barely playing for Uruguay though. Only made a fleeting substitution here and there. Should be fresh.

blaise

There is no way Milan would pay 45m so it would have to be Kessie and some cash in installements

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Then he is staying. Their fund wont invest 45m, only if they sell players before. They have worse owners than us.
They open to sell few of thier players Suso and few others this deal will take whole summer

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These players who get homesick are such wimps

Go explore the amazing city of London with all your money FFS. Fly your family over.

Pathetic.

blaise

We are ****ed if this is true because we have to buy a new player unless Willock is ready for full season. Hope Inter or Napoli comes with an offer and forces Milans hand, othervise they wont form a normal offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom