• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would love Hector be a captain but he really don't look like a leader he always look calm and quiet on the pitch.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I mean if the choice is between a guy who came through the academy ranks or the guy who picks his nose when the opponent is getting into scoring position then I know who I'd rather pick.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rob Holding should be captain, case closed
He’ll have to be a definite starter first. Bellerin is probably the only one in the first team who gets it, I believe.

Only issue is that he might have too much stuff going on away from the football pitch.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He’ll have to be a definite starter first. Bellerin is probably the only one in the first team who gets it, I believe.

Only issue is that he might have too much stuff going on away from the football pitch.
I'm no Xhaka advocate but he may have a shout at the armband.. He's got experience as a captain and he is fairly vocal on the pitch.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd happily make him captain. He is articulate on and off the pitch. He understands Arsenal. He is also the driving force in the team. Not to mention if fit he is the first name on the team sheet. You don't have to be barking orders left right and centre. Bellerin is clearly a leader.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You don't have to be barking orders left right and centre.
I disagree. Most of the best captains pull their teams in line at the right time through encouragment or a good old crapping out.
Fabregas for example was a great captain in terms of leading by example but when the team needed a rollicking he wasn't really ideal to give it. Per on the other hand berated Özil for not showing respect and it had an instant effect in the next game.
Terry would command his team to see out difficult games on a regular basis and it showed when he wasn't on the pitch in his later years.
Viera was vocal and took no crap from his teammates or anyone for that matter. We've missed him for more than a decade.
Gerrard, Keane, Puyol and Totti are all examples of great captains who did this...

Football has much more ego than it ever has. Egos need to be controlled.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Bellerin has been one of my favourites here for a few years now, I wouldn't be frustrated if he got the captaincy & he's been here for a fair few years now which helps.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saliba for captain

Love Heccy tho

Edit: which mod has set it up so h-e-c-c-y gets changed to hector

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I want Sokratis as captain but it will be Xhaka, Emery loves him. After them two only Holding and Laca have leadership qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom