• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dan-Axel Zagadou

Preacher

Always Crying
D-EFQGXX4AAK4LH.jpg

This guy is absolute unit.

Preacher

Always Crying

Still can't believe how massive he looks. Often it looks like that he plays with kids:lol: Lefty, so there is another plus. Fact, that forwards can't bully him 1 vs 1 using physicality. I'm tired to witness it year after year in our team. Probably lack of experience would be the main worry.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Still can't believe how massive he looks. Often it looks like that he plays with kids:lol: Lefty, so there is another plus. Fact, that forwards can't bully him 1 vs 1 using physicality. I'm tired to witness it year after year in our team. Probably lack of experience would be the main worry.

Bellerin - Saliba - Zagadou - Tierney would be so un-Arsenal-like. Love it

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In fairness when I watched him for Dortmund against Sp**s he was absolutely horrific but he was also playing left back I believe.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Toprak? I'm sure BVB would like to, but he doesn't want to leave.

Or Zagadou? I think because the team won't carry 5 central defenders, it's very very likely one of Zag or Diallo will have to be sold.
How do you rate Zagadou?

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
How do you rate Zagadou?

I rate him quite highly, although if its a choice of him or Diallo leaving, I'd keep Diallo.

But for a 20 year old, Zagadou is developing quite nicely. He played as a left back in his first season, which was quite the site, seeing a guy that tall and large up and down the wing! Last season he had a couple injuries which kept him out of the team for quite long spells. But when he was in, he also had to contend with having multiple different defensive partners. But when he played alongside Akanji he looked settled for the most part.

Yes, he had a couple nightmare moments. But he's big and strong, good in the tackle, good in the air, can pass the ball, and has the hallmarks of developing into a good player.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I rate him quite highly, although if its a choice of him or Diallo leaving, I'd keep Diallo.

But for a 20 year old, Zagadou is developing quite nicely. He played as a left back in his first season, which was quite the site, seeing a guy that tall and large up and down the wing! Last season he had a couple injuries which kept him out of the team for quite long spells. But when he was in, he also had to contend with having multiple different defensive partners. But when he played alongside Akanji he looked settled for the most part.

Yes, he had a couple nightmare moments. But he's big and strong, good in the tackle, good in the air, can pass the ball, and has the hallmarks of developing into a good player.
Does he lumber or his he fluid? Is he Mertesacker slow for a guy that size or does he have athleticism and actual pace?

Last edited:

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Does he lumber or his he fluid? Is he Mertesacker slow for a guy that size or does he have athleticism and actually has pace?

He's quite fluid with the ball actually, and while not a sprinter, he is definitely not Meretsacker slow! When you see him running, he can look a bit ungainly at times, as with his long legs, he tends to look slower as he takes giant strides. But maybe that's more a youth thing too, and he'll become more 'elegant' as he matures. He's an athletic player, who is quite nimble, so he doesn't have a massive turning circle.

I wouldn't say he is one to go striding up the pitch too often, but is quite comfortable in possession, but will play it more safe than certain central defenders we have (or have had).

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Weird one this, he’s highly rated yet I can remember two massive errors straight away that he made last season. Gave away a last minute penalty that cost Dortmund, it was Eboue like, and then against Bayern when he put Lewandowski through 1v1.

If we have to loan Saliba and want this lad for now, an offer of something like £10m loan fee and then an option to buy for £25m would be a clever move.

Had an absolutely nightmare in that game against Bayern. Looked horrible on the ball every time he was pressed. Djourou-esque. Reminded me of that Chambers game v Swansea when he was taken on a world tour by some winger I've not heard of since.

Top Bottom