• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
His pass reception is probably one of the best parts of his game?

Cause I feel like clarifying this: I'm talking about the Arteta coaching Sterling stuff posters were wanking on here about before Emery. Spatial perception, body positioning, weigth shifting in relation to receiving the ball so you're in a better/optimal position to do something with it. Not the purely technical act of receiving a ball with your feet.

BobP

Memri Fan
b32bg2ld8e531.png

Iwobi's better than Lemar.

First Fornals, now Lemar, who's next? Messi?

#Nobodyissafe

nick gould

I watched him play last night. He is decent player. This is the ultimate gauge for an arsenal player. Ask you self how would I feel if he was sold to Manchester United? I would hate it, to me that means he is good. I would feel the same if Xhaka, aubameyang, lacazette, Bellerin were sold to United. I would be indifferent if Mustafi was sold to Manchester United, in fact I would love it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I watched him play last night. He is decent player. This is the ultimate gauge for an arsenal player. Ask you self how would I feel if he was sold to Manchester United? I would hate it, to me that means he is good. I would feel the same if Xhaka, aubameyang, lacazette, Bellerin were sold to United. I would be indifferent if Mustafi was sold to Manchester United, in fact I would love it.
Was very good when he moved to #10.

He needs to make the switch to the centre of the pitch.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Was very good when he moved to #10.

He needs to make the switch to the centre of the pitch.

I feel sorry for Iwobi, he just isn't a winger and never will be. He could develop end product but will never have the pace required to beat a full back at will.

I think he could excel in a midfield 3. He has the physicality, creativity and ability to drive past players that we sorely lack at the moment. Put him with someone defensive like Torreira and a good all rounder like Praet perhaps and we could have a really balanced midfield for the first time in ages.

African Flair

I can't think about a better club to sell Xhaka to.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel sorry for Iwobi, he just isn't a winger and never will be. He could develop end product but will never have the pace required to beat a full back at will.

I think he could excel in a midfield 3. He has the physicality, creativity and ability to drive past players that we sorely lack at the moment. Put him with someone defensive like Torreira and a good all rounder like Praet perhaps and we could have a really balanced midfield for the first time in ages.

The first time I saw Iwobi, I liked how he received it on the half turn and his weight of pass. Kolasinac is our only effective outlet, because there is a player who can play the ball between the full back. It isn't Özil. It isn't Xhaka. It is Iwobi. He can see, weight and will have the balls to attempt the pass.

Iwobi-------AMN

-----Torreira

Is how I would go in pre season, just to see. r

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Honestly this is the route to go. @The_Playmaker are spot on here IMO. We'd have balance and phsyicality and I think our all round game would be much stronger.

9jagooner

Why would players want Iwobi dropped from team? He's not the best but he's the only one we've got in that position. Other option is to play Mikel and I'm sure 99 out out 100 Nigerians would not want that.
Alex did well in midfield in our first game but for some reason didn't do well at all in the second game.
We've qualified for next stage now so it'll be interesting to see who the manager will try out in game 3.
Search for JayJay 2 still on...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The first time I saw Iwobi, I liked how he received it on the half turn and his weight of pass. Kolasinac is our only effective outlet, because there is a player who can play the ball between the full back. It isn't Özil. It isn't Xhaka. It is Iwobi. He can see, weight and will have the balls to attempt the pass.

Iwobi-------AMN

-----Torreira

What a poverty midfield. Xhaka is better than the lot and he's a liability.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi-------AMN

-----Torreira

I like it - very balanced. Technical CM in Iwobi, B2B in AMN, anchor in Torreira. Good blend of physicality and technique.

Could sub out Torreira for Guendouzi and it still works. It's a risk that the manager probably wouldn't take though. Xhaka the ever-present ensures that.

simonreq

should try an AMN, Willock, Iwobi midfield in the cups at least....

Always a new project on the horizon here on AM. Whenever a player fails or doesnt perform, we come up with all these theories as to why hes not performing, and how he should be played somewhere else. The only thing wenever contemplate is the fact, that the player might not be good enough.

Sell him while he still holds some value.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I like it - very balanced. Technical CM in Iwobi, B2B in AMN, anchor in Torreira. Good blend of physicality and technique.

Could sub out Torreira for Guendouzi and it still works. It's a risk that the manager probably wouldn't take though. Xhaka the ever-present ensures that.
Pit because a couple years of this could see the team transformed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom