• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aboomerang (out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Has he? o_O What, with Yeezys?

No there’s so much stuff that’s further reaching, he was partnered with Virgil for years and now the guy’s the big cheese at Louis Vuitton.

So many guys popping off from his design agency as well and making waves in the fashion game.

He’s easily memeable when he says stupid sh*t but the guy’s no mug.

ChefMan21

Not sure if selling would be a step backwards or forwards. I always worry about what happens to the game of a player with his style of game once they lose a yard or two of pace and acceleration.

You know, if we were to get 80-90m for him, we could probably sign three really good, talented, players. For example, a midfield like the below would be substantially better than what we have now (random players we've talked about or have been linked with):

--------Palacios----Willock----Partey------------
-------------Torreira-----Tonali/Berge------------

It doesn't have to be them - you could well go out and pick up someone like Ziyech and a couple of other players in different positions and end up with a team that is better overall. Maybe it's Ziyech/Andersen/Meunier/Partey with PEA's money, to go with Saliba and Tierney. Or you pick off the best talents around, because suddenly you've got the cash available for them too, rather than just having to focus on immediate problems with your (once) restricted transfer kitty..

In short, I'm inclined to keep him if the offer falls short, but at the end of the day I very much subscribe to the theory of a team being the sum of its parts.

ksarp

Not sure if selling would be a step backwards or forwards. I always worry about what happens to the game of a player with his style of game once they lose a yard or two of pace and acceleration.

You know, if we were to get 80-90m for him, we could probably sign three really good, talented, players. For example, a midfield like the below would be substantially better than what we have now (random players we've talked about or have been linked with):

--------Palacios----Willock----Partey------------
-------------Torreira-----Tonali/Berge------------

It doesn't have to be them - you could well go out and pick up someone like Ziyech and a couple of other players in different positions and end up with a team that is better overall. Maybe it's Ziyech/Andersen/Meunier/Partey with PEA's money, to go with Saliba and Tierney. Or you pick off the best talents around, because suddenly you've got the cash available for them too, rather than just having to focus on immediate problems with your (once) restricted transfer kitty..

In short, I'm inclined to keep him if the offer falls short, but at the end of the day I very much subscribe to the theory of a team being the sum of its parts.

Thomas Partey? Oh hell no!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It baffles me that there is even a discussion considering the possibility of selling our top goal threat. This club loves indulging in constant stages of self destruction. All the while we're refusing to discard the chaff!!

Wounded Healer

i am going to be crucified for this but i am up for this... our status has changed and we cant afford to play our cards as a rich player anymore. in order to get back to the top of the game we have to sacrifice and he is already 30. we have to play smart, this kinda of hanging on to what you have now is the attitude that brought us so low in the first place. it made us selling for peanuts or letting go on a free huge amounts of money players. we need to invest in growing in value players now and selling ready made ones in their 30's is the way to go. lucky we have him and can sell him now, lucky the market is there for us.

Malky

Established Member
Lacazette should be the one sold before Auba. We shouldn't even be discussing playing Auba out wide to accommodate Lacazette. Auba is the better CF, that's where he plays. Unless we're playing 2 up top then Laca should be sold to be replaced by a quality winger.
**** off even discussing selling Auba to United. :lol:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Lacazette should be the one sold before Auba. We shouldn't even be discussing playing Auba out wide to accommodate Lacazette. Auba is the better CF, that's where he plays. Unless we're playing 2 up top then Laca should be sold to be replaced by a quality winger.
**** off even discussing selling Auba to United. :lol:
I agree. Thing is, if we sold either of them, who's going to be back up central striker? Is Eddie reddie? Or would that be Martinelli?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I agree. Thing is, if we sold either of them, who's going to be back up central striker? Is Eddie reddie? Or would that be Martinelli?

We have been linked with a couple of bench-option strikers, tho. Same with goalkeepers (though I rather give Emi a chance).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I assume Martinelli to be fair.

He just turned 18. Just by order of seniority alone, Eddie is in front of him.

Think will loan the latter and get a Welbeck-like player who can do a job as a wide striker when needed in.

Can't see Emery benching Auba/Laca.

roz

Fake News Merchant
This could be really fantastic for us providing we reinvest the money on Saliba, Tierney, CM and a top winger.
Auba is 30 and not going to get any better, goals will alway come at a team like Arsenal, someone else will step up.

I know a great many of you rate Auba but to me he is a very limited player, replaceable most definitely. If this does happen Im all for it

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Auba is one of our key players atm we can't lose him to a major rival, if we did he'd probably blitz us when we play them. Knowing our classic club though we probably would be stupid enough to accept a 50 million offer haha. If we do we need at least 80-100 million so we have enough to sign an adequate replacement up front.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If United came bounding over with 80m we would use that to sign Zaha. Which in turn means we're essentially giving United Aubameyang for £60m.

Top Bottom