• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aboomerang (out)

We cant afford to sell him. This team massively lacks goalscorers, to get rid of one would be mad. He maybe 30 but thats 2 years good service at least in him. Hi happy, His good for the dressing room, he has to stay.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd take Zaha as the replacement, he's years younger but problem with that imo is that Zaha plays as a winger, Auba generally played centrally last year, if we put Laca then centrally who is going to be the other winger going to a 433?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We'd need 1 more adequate goal scorer if we even thought about doing that. We can't rely on guys like Martinelli, Nketiah & Nelson all of a sudden, they probably will be enough in a few years time but not at the moment.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'd take Zaha as the replacement, he's years younger but problem with that imo is that Zaha plays as a winger, Auba generally played centrally last year, if we put Laca then centrally who is going to be the other winger going to a 433?

According to what on his passport anyway.

Cough* Kanu, Benteke, Joseph Minala*cough

ChefMan21

I've pondered why we don't snap up Sturridge and Kruse on a pay-for-appearance, pay-for-goals, type contract. Gives us depth up front with proven goalscorers - we'd probably only need 20-30 games between them - and there's no long term commitment. If we did that I think I'd be happy to let PEA go so that we can reinvest the funds into really weak areas, like our defence and midfield.

Once we did have a strong defence and midfield again and are back in the Champions League, we could buy a proper PEA replacement.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He moved to the UK when he was four. How many players who lie about their age have done all of their schooling in Europe?

He was "4" when moved according to "official documents". Next you will be saying you believe Joseph Manila and Kanus age.

Just being silly now. he's more british then he is ivorian in terms of where he grew up. Should really be playing for England.

Weak mentality, knew he wasnt good enough for England so bottle it and played for Ivory coast. Similar to Iwobi. Players at that age should be ambitious and full of confidence.....well maybe not Zaha's age.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Iwobi was being called up when he was hot stuff after his Barcelona game and other appearances.

He chose Nigeria because his uncle (you know, Jay Jay Okocha) asked him to represent them and help lead the eagles to AFCON titles, etc.

But yeah, let's use our "alternative facts" to push our agendas.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's get a pacey winger in Zaha and sell our pacey forward in Aubameyang! illogical, especially to United. No way that this happens surely?!

Seeing Sanchez and his Arsenal replacement turn out for United would be banter though.

jus2nang

He moved to the UK when he was four. How many players who lie about their age have done all of their schooling in Europe?
I was about to say this, it's incredibly unrealistic and highly unlikely that someone could get away with parading an 8 year old as a 4 year old. It just wouldn't wash (plus there'd have been no need at that age).

9jagooner

Weak mentality, knew he wasnt good enough for England so bottle it and played for Ivory coast. Similar to Iwobi. Players at that age should be ambitious and full of confidence.....well maybe not Zaha's age.

What nonsense are you talking about? Because he didn't choose England he has weak mentality?

Are players not allowed to choose whatever country they want to play for without being tagged as 'weak'?

This is the sort of thinking that gets you in trouble.

Top Bottom